Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 164
  1. #76
    Benefactor / Malefactor H-E-D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    Isn't Silk going to be in the next Spiderverse film? If she is, this comic will probably be because of it.
    It seems unlikely that Nick Lowe is privy to Sony’s production details.

  2. #77
    Mighty Member Spider-Chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,357

    Default

    They said she was going to be in the Spider-Women spin-off, alongside Gwen and Jess.

  3. #78
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    best of luck with the project. spider-diversity is important.
    Give her a city besides NYC to protect. Give her an interesting supporting cast. Write the first arc as if it might be the last arc. which nowadays, it might be.
    Agreed. Let Cindy stay as far away from Spider-Man as possible and replace her with Jessica Drew as Peter's partner against crime...

  4. #79

    Default

    Don't give Silk a city. Dont make her into the another friendly neighborhood Spidersona.

    Have her travel the world or better yet go to Outer Space.
    Have Silk meet up with the Guardians of the Galaxy and join in Cosmic Battles.

    Most importantly build her Feats and Vastly expand her Powers. Give her Feats that would surpass Spider-persons that came before her.

  5. #80
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Agreed. Let Cindy stay as far away from Spider-Man as possible and replace her with Jessica Drew as Peter's partner against crime...
    I agree and disagree with this comment. Where I agree is I want Cindy as far away from Amazing as possible. I can honestly say of all of the “Parker Women” she is my least favorite. To what degree? I put Carlie Cooper on the level of MJ or Felicia compared to her. Where I disagree is except for Renew Your Vows, Peter does not need a crime fighting partner ( especially a woman). Why? 1: He has one partner that when written well, works well for both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Who is it? MJ. 2: Spider-Man works best solo and in a street level. He does not need Jessica Drew.

  6. #81
    Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    In the Tardis reading Daredevil
    Posts
    15,560

    Default

    Don't really care about her, so easy pass
    One thing I ask from the LORD, this only do I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple.--Psalm 27:4

    “Fortunately for me, I'm not a cop. so, I can break your face into a jigsaw puzzle if I want to...”--Daredevil

    “I am a citizen of the universe. And a gentleman to boot.”--The Doctor

  7. #82
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree and disagree with this comment. Where I agree is I want Cindy as far away from Amazing as possible. I can honestly say of all of the “Parker Women” she is my least favorite. To what degree? I put Carlie Cooper on the level of MJ or Felicia compared to her. Where I disagree is except for Renew Your Vows, Peter does not need a crime fighting partner ( especially a woman). Why? 1: He has one partner that when written well, works well for both Peter Parker and Spider-Man. Who is it? MJ. 2: Spider-Man works best solo and in a street level. He does not need Jessica Drew.
    Jessica Drew and Peter Parker's reoccurring partnership would open doors towards stories that has yet to be explored between the two. Jessica making a reoccurring guest appearance would allow the Spider-Man readers(who do not follow Spider-Woman) to get to know her better. This is a proper form of product marketing. Jessica and Peter are friends, unlike Cindy Moon. Their friendship should be flushed out more as we have seen with Black Cat.

    As for MJ, she doesn't need to be around Peter all the time. The differences between different people is the engine that allows the character's stories to evolve. To use the same cast of characters in a segregated by their respective departments is always a recipe for slumping sales.

    Spider-Man does have a partner in the form of Deadpool. If Marvel was willing to pair Spidey and Deadpool together, why can the same apply towards the following respectively:

    1. Jessica Drew
    2. Betsy Braddock and Brian Braddock
    3. Tigra
    4. The Beast
    5. She-Hulk
    6. Captain Marvel
    7. Black Widow


    Any one of the following(list of friends) would bring the Spider-Man readers towards their solo series respectively. The above characters background are similar to Peter's own. They have more in common with Peter Parker than Deadpool ever will. Those stories needs to come at the forefront.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-08-2020 at 06:45 PM.

  8. #83
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Jessica Drew and Peter Parker's reoccurring partnership would open doors towards stories that has yet to be explored between the two. Jessica making a reoccurring guest appearance would allow the Spider-Man readers(who do not follow Spider-Woman) to get to know her better. This is a proper form of product marketing. Jessica and Peter are friends, unlike Cindy Moon. Their friendship should be flushed out more as we have seen with Black Cat.

    As for MJ, she doesn't need to be around Peter all the time. The differences between different people is the engine that allows the character's stories to evolve. To use the same cast of characters in a segregated by their respective departments is always a recipe for slumping sales.

    Spider-Man does have a partner in the form of Deadpool. If Marvel was willing to pair Spidey and Deadpool together, why can the same apply towards the following respectively:

    1. Jessica Drew
    2. Betsy Braddock and Brian Braddock
    3. Tigra
    4. The Beast
    5. She-Hulk
    6. Captain Marvel
    7. Black Widow


    Any one of the following(list of friends) would bring the Spider-Man readers towards their solo series respectively. The above characters background are similar to Peter's own. They have more in common with Peter Parker than Deadpool ever will. Those stories needs to come at the forefront.
    I admit my MJ/marriage bias is why I do not like a female crime fighting partner. I know There is little doubt that if they matched Peter up with Jessica or any of the other ladies on that list, you will see Romance ( Felicia and Cindy come to mind). Of course, there is another woman who can pop up and help Peter, without any romance: Teresa.

  9. #84
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I admit my MJ/marriage bias is why I do not like a female crime fighting partner. I know There is little doubt that if they matched Peter up with Jessica or any of the other ladies on that list, you will see Romance ( Felicia and Cindy come to mind). Of course, there is another woman who can pop up and help Peter, without any romance: Teresa.
    Personally, I would rather see a developing friendship between Peter and the said heroines I talked about. Relationship need not be romantic. In fact, I feel that putting romance ahead of friendship is doomed to fail, as in the case of Spider-Man and Mockingbird, or Peter Parker and Carlie Cooper. The reason why MJ and Peter works best is because they started out as friends. There was no "in your face" forced romance between MJ and Peter. Their developing friendship allowed the readers to get to know Mary Jane as a complex character whose far from the character that she was first portrayed when she was first introduced (ASM#42) as a model. Had the same approached been applied towards Carlie Cooper and Mockingbird by Dan Slott, those relationships would still be talked about in a positive manner. I would rather see Peter's close heroine allies developed a close relationship with him in a manner that involves them developing their shared interests and experiences that would forward the story plot. The bottom line towards any relationship involving Spider-Man and a heroine is what does Peter Parker have to offer that would help the character moving forward and vice versa? Shared experiences by finding ways to overcome them.
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 05-08-2020 at 10:14 PM.

  10. #85
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Personally, I would rather see a developing friendship between Peter and the said heroines I talked about. Relationship need not be romantic. In fact, I feel that putting romance ahead of friendship is doomed to fail, as in the case of Spider-Man and Mockingbird, or Peter Parker and Carlie Cooper. The reason why MJ and Peter works best is because they started out as friends. There was no "in your face" forced romance between MJ and Peter. Their developing friendship allowed the readers to get to know Mary Jane as a complex character whose far from the character that she was first portrayed when she was first introduced (ASM#42) as a model. Had the same approached been applied towards Carlie Cooper and Mockingbird by Dan Slott, those relationships would still be talked about in a positive manner. I would rather see Peter's close heroine allies developed a close relationship with him in a manner that involves them developing their shared interests and experiences that would forward the story plot. The bottom line towards any relationship involving Spider-Man and a heroine is what does Peter Parker have to offer that would help the character moving forward and vice versa? Shared experiences by finding ways to overcome them.
    I agree that relationships that are forced are usually doomed to fail. But there is little doubt that some writer will try and create something even if it meant messing with canon ( see Dan Slott and Cindy Moon). One other point: If there is a need or ( perceived need) to do it, there are other alternatives: I mentioned Teresa before and I will add Annie ( from Renew Your Vows).,They could bring her from that Universe to 616. How she interacts with Peter and MJ could create some interesting storylines. But just paring him up with Jessica or anyone else, for the sake of doing it, usually does not work ( Nick Fury becoming black because of Samuel L. Jackson is an exception). But as we have seen with Marvel they make changes for the sake of change ( Lady Octopus and female Electro are examples of this).

  11. #86
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree that relationships that are forced are usually doomed to fail. But there is little doubt that some writer will try and create something even if it meant messing with canon ( see Dan Slott and Cindy Moon). One other point: If there is a need or ( perceived need) to do it, there are other alternatives: I mentioned Teresa before and I will add Annie ( from Renew Your Vows).,They could bring her from that Universe to 616. How she interacts with Peter and MJ could create some interesting storylines. But just paring him up with Jessica or anyone else, for the sake of doing it, usually does not work ( Nick Fury becoming black because of Samuel L. Jackson is an exception). But as we have seen with Marvel they make changes for the sake of change ( Lady Octopus and female Electro are examples of this).
    Agreed? But the reason why I like the idea of Jessica Drew and Peter Parker working together is not because of their Spider theme. But their personalities jells very well as their adventures would distinguish them from everyone else. Peter and Jessica are friends. I like to see Peter and Jessica work on a case that has nothing to do with his past rogue galleries. Rather stories that could involved Lady deathstrike, the Morlocks, and The Hellfire Club. I want to see how their collaboration can work towards the story plot. Doesn't have to be a team-up in Jessica's book. However, in a non Spider-Man role, Peter and others(in Jessica's close allies) can offer an edge to help her defeat a problem with a solution. Relationships are a two way street. One side can benefit the other in the form of an entertaining story that can not be replicated by anyone else.

  12. #87
    Fantastic Member Haquim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    480

    Default

    It could last 6 issues, maybe, if it does surprisingly well...

  13. #88
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haquim View Post
    It could last 6 issues, maybe, if it does surprisingly well...
    I agree with you. Cindy is the 21st Century’s answer to Gwen ( but far worse), a character that most people either do not like or care about, but the Marvel Office will try and ram down people’s throats. Why? Diversity and economics. Of course, if a character is simply not good ( like her) it does not matter, she will fail.

  14. #89
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,711

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I agree with you. Cindy is the 21st Century’s answer to Gwen ( but far worse), a character that most people either do not like or care about, but the Marvel Office will try and ram down people’s throats. Why? Diversity and economics. Of course, if a character is simply not good ( like her) it does not matter, she will fail.
    Silk powers are a direct ripoff of Ultimate Spider-Woman, whose a clone of Peter Parker. Slott had the same spider bite Cindy.

  15. #90
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    646

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Silk powers are a direct ripoff of Ultimate Spider-Woman, whose a clone of Peter Parker. Slott had the same spider bite Cindy.
    Even if I liked the character and her arc (and I do not), messing with Amazing Fantasy 15 (Silk was Spider-Man Chapter One on steroids) is enough of a reason to put Silk in the worst Spider-Man stories ever. I rank it only behind OMD/BND of stories I hate.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 05-15-2020 at 03:30 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •