Page 42 of 189 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292142 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelWarrior View Post
    Well shoot I didn’t know he was an external. Is he back to being the oldest mutant and not Selene any more?
    He shouldn't be given she was born in the Hyborian Age and is 17,000 yo, but given the push and his role in Krakoa they will likely say he's the first...whomp whomp

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    if they bring Candra back lookin bad as hell just to kill her off ...
    then again I guess there's the Rez protocols . Very interesting find nonetheless !!
    Right? Candra deserves so much more. Here's hoping she gets a big role in the storyline.

Still, my fave look for her is:

Astonishing Member

Honestly, that’s exactly what I thought as soon I saw that pic with Candra. ‘Huh, guess, apocalypse is going to off the other external and take their energy for magic whatever’ lol.
    Last edited by anyajenkins; 06-26-2020 at 08:46 AM.

I would be mad if they kill off Candra. She is cool. I hope she will be used with respect.

I never realized there was this overpouring Candra love. I always thought she was one of those underdeveloped generic 90s villain that was lame and never made much of a splash

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Same here.
    I vaguely remember her fighting Storm for the ruby gem she wears...that's about it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Yeah I always thought she was pretty lame too. Like, the only interesting Externals were always Selene and Poccy. And Sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Yeah I always thought she was pretty lame too. Like, the only interesting Externals were always Selene and Poccy. And Sam.
    Gideon with his sexy and kinky ponytail Wass pretty interesting
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I never realized there was this overpouring Candra love. I always thought she was one of those underdeveloped generic 90s villain that was lame and never made much of a splash
    I mean, how many powerful female villains does the X-Men really have? Selene, Spiral, Candra... That's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I mean, how many powerful female villains does the X-Men really have? Selene, Spiral, Candra... That's about it.
    I wouldnt have put Candra on there. Definitely would have included Mystique, Maddie, Cassandra Nova and Deathbird over her.

I think of Candra as a Gambit villain mostly, but she has had a run-in with Storm.

Candra is defiantly a Gambit villain more than a Storm villain. I wonder will she still look like a child?

As for Gideon, he had so much potential. It's a shame to me, his best feats as a villain was in a non X-title. He was a beast in the New Warriors. But admittedly I have read Cable: the Newer Mutants story line because I didn't like the art, so I don't know how he was handled as a threat there.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I wouldnt have put Candra on there. Definitely would have included Mystique, Maddie, Cassandra Nova and Deathbird over her.
    I'm talking powerhouse, not well-known. Mystique and Deathbird are far from villain powerhouses.

Candra has immortality and an array of other powers (like telekinesis and power disruption), alchemical knowledge that can bestow immortality on others, and oh yeah, the entire Assassins' and Thieves' Guilds at her beck and call. She's far more powerful than the women you listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alphaxman View Post
    Candra is defiantly a Gambit villain more than a Storm villain. I wonder will she still look like a child?
    She looks adult in the preview art if you ask me.

I think she works both as a Gambit AND a Storm villain, or get this, an X-Men villain! She does have important history with Storm, though, nobody can deny that.

I'm excited to see Apocalypse and Candra interact.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I'm talking powerhouse, not well-known. Mystique and Deathbird are far from villain powerhouses.

Candra has immortality and an array of other powers (like telekinesis and power disruption), alchemical knowledge that can bestow immortality on others, and oh yeah, the entire Assassins' and Thieves' Guilds at her beck and call. She's far more powerful than the women you listed.
    But you mentioned Spiral and IMO she is in the same realm as Mystique and Deathbird. I also mentioned Maddie and Nova in my post. Both powerhouses and actual X-men villians. She's never really been much of an X-men villian; more so of a Gambit one as people have stated. That could change but it hasnt really been her thing yet

I think Spiral got nerfed or Mojo took her magical abilities or something

She was very powerful and dangerous before the nerf