Page 161 of 189 FirstFirst ... 61111151157158159160161162163164165171 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,415 of 2833
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Say that Betsy is uninteresting is relaly weird for someone that sid that Beak could get his solo tv show.
    You must have me confused with someone else because I never said that. Ever.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    You must have me confused with someone else because I never said that. Ever.
    It wasn't for you, sorry. It was to Gigantor.

Betsy doesn't look lke a harder chaarcter to work right now. I don't see how Tini can have so much hard time to execute it. And she says she is a big Betsy fan...

Mighty Member

Betsy doesn't look lke a harder chaarcter to work right now. I don't see how Tini can have so much hard time to execute it. And she says she is a big Betsy fan...
    I literally reread all the issues of Tini’s run on Excalibur and Betsy hasn’t done anything. Actually, I feel like none of them did anything except Apocalypse and Rictor has had change of his powers. That’s all. Everything was a road to this event.

Mighty Member

How is Betsy not a harder character to work with though? (not that I'm saying I believe Tini is truly a fan since she seems to be just as confused by her as me, a non-fan)

-She's no longer Psylocke
    -She's not really Captain Britain
    -There are more impressive X-telepaths than her (Jean and Emma) and fighters (Psylocke, Monet, Rogue, Frenzy).

A lot of the stories I can personally think for her that would be interesting are all Psylocke related. Not a good sign.

I did like the idea of her being Cpt. Avalon though, or maybe even replacing Saturnyne.

But people are correct that this should've been an Apocalypse solo. Rogue and Gambit got the worst hand dealt to them IMO.
    Last edited by RamaBird; 11-17-2020 at 03:57 PM.

You really can't call him a master manipulator when all he did was ask them to do stuff and they did it with barely a word of complaint. Its more stupidity on everyone else than a grand strategic move by Apocalypse.

I used to actually like Rictor, but now he's so pathetic for following Apocalypse around like a lost puppy that I can't stand him. Shatterstar deserves better. And how messy is Rictor's arc here? He was randomly losing control of his powers at the start with no explanation, and then had a mostly offscreen conversation with Apocalypse that led him to being his sycophant.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    You really can't call him a master manipulator when all he did was ask them to do stuff and they did it with barely a word of complaint. Its more stupidity on everyone else than a grand strategic move by Apocalypse.

I used to actually like Rictor, but now he's so pathetic for following Apocalypse around like a lost puppy that I can't stand him. Shatterstar deserves better. And how messy is Rictor's arc here? He was randomly losing control of his powers at the start with no explanation, and then had a mostly offscreen conversation with Apocalypse that led him to being his sycophant.
    90% of Excalibur takes place off panel. Everyone deserves a writer’s credit.

Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But being "Kwannon" seems to be the only thing that made her stand out. Maybe she's just not an interesting character? That's why they made her Cpt. Britain. Betsy just doesn't stand on her own.
    A better writer would have been able to pull that off without making her Captain Britain or even mentioning Kwannon that much. Hell, I could've done a better job and I've never written a thing worth reading. It's shocking that Hickman and company thought this was a better direction for her and the rest of the cast. I haven't enjoyed Excaliber as much as I had hoped. If X of Swords doesn't change the book for the better, it'll be the first DoX book I drop. Possibly followed by X-Men itself. That book has been all over the place. I don't get it. The lives of Moira X, the drama within the Council, the drama with the rest of the world, and the day to day world-building of Krakoa should have been the focus of that book. In my humble opinion. And we did get half of that in the beginning. Overall, I'm really happy with what we're getting. So, 2 out of 10 books that are only ok, not horrible, just ok, is not that bad. Plus, I'm looking forward to S.W.O.R.D. and Legends.

I feel better now! So, where do I sign the petition?! #FreeBetsy

Betsy was a cool character on her own from when she got her Mojo eyes right up until she made everyone step through the Siege Perilous. She got cooler when she became a sexy Asian ninja but she was doing quite well as a British telepath with limited precognition wearing impractical armour for the Outback. I miss that Betsy.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-17-2020 at 07:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    How is Betsy not a harder character to work with though? (not that I'm saying I believe Tini is truly a fan since she seems to be just as confused by her as me, a non-fan)

-She's no longer Psylocke
    -She's not really Captain Britain
    -There are more impressive X-telepaths than her (Jean and Emma) and fighters (Psylocke, Monet, Rogue, Frenzy).

A lot of the stories I can personally think for her that would be interesting are all Psylocke related. Not a good sign.

I did like the idea of her being Cpt. Avalon though, or maybe even replacing Saturnyne.

But people are correct that this should've been an Apocalypse solo. Rogue and Gambit got the worst hand dealt to them IMO.
    She is not really captain britain: This is Tini fault and only her fault

not being psylock is not a problem at all.

Sure she isn't the best teletpath but that means nothing, they aren't on same team. So no problem. She was even used to fight Shadow King on Astonishing X-men, so this isn't a problem at all.

I'm not sure if they are all better fighters than Betsy, Rogue for exemple is far stronger and a flying brick. anyway if not on same book, it isn't a problem. Like iron fist is a better fighter than hawkeye but not problem because they aren't on same book

I don't see how she being substitute for Saturnyne is a good deal. She being cap britain or Avalon (there can be two cap britains) is not abad deal, they need to work out if she wants it or not. For me this basic information is unclear

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post

I really wish that it was Rictor that died "permanently" and not Rockslide. He just followed Apocalypse in all his orders
    Last edited by baxer; 11-17-2020 at 07:20 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Betsy was a cool character on her own from when she got her Mojo eyes right up until she made everyone step through the Siege Perilous. She got cooler when she became a sexy Asian ninja but she was doing quite well as a British telepath with limited precognition wearing impractical armour for the Outback. I miss that Betsy.
    Exactly she was growing into her own and was fairly confident and when the acts of vengeance storyline she was just tougher because she had the fighting skill set. It’s weird being in this body she created that we have yet to see her really fight and throw down. I miss her using illusions. Psycho blasts. It’s the writer.
    There’s plenty of ways for Betsy to do things. Let’s not forget, all of Kwannon’s history on the x-men is really Betsy’s. That hasn’t changed. She had all that growth and tough choices she made over the years and now she’s just not the same because she’s in her correct body?

Otherworld and the original Excalibur and Captain Britain series could play into such a good role with Betsy, but the team needs to change and the book needs someone that actually wants to write about her and use ALL of the characters. Shogo has more going on than Rogue and Gambit. Even in this crossover

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Exactly she was growing into her own and was fairly confident and when the acts of vengeance storyline she was just tougher because she had the fighting skill set. It’s weird being in this body she created that we have yet to see her really fight and throw down. I miss her using illusions. Psycho blasts. It’s the writer.
    There’s plenty of ways for Betsy to do things. Let’s not forget, all of Kwannon’s history on the x-men is really Betsy’s. That hasn’t changed. She had all that growth and tough choices she made over the years and now she’s just not the same because she’s in her correct body?

Otherworld and the original Excalibur and Captain Britain series could play into such a good role with Betsy, but the team needs to change and the book needs someone that actually wants to write about her and use ALL of the characters. Shogo has more going on than Rogue and Gambit. Even in this crossover
    I completely agree. Betsy was a proto Emma before the body swap. She was great during the Outback days...and then in Disassembled she was still one of the top telepaths and fighters of the team with a great unique look to boost.

Being Captain Britain could also been great for her but the problem is Tini. She doesn't seem to really "get" what makes Betsy great.

I'm also here for #FreeBetsy
    A picture would last longer darling...

Betsy is uninteresting now because she lost her entire identity to Kwannon. Don't confuse it, people. Kwannon is nothing without Betsy, not the other way around.

#FreeBetsy

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    that's exactly the Betsy we need. Her powers by now are also clearly defined to make her stand out from other telepaths: telekinetic weapons, psy butterfly, and being a Ninja fighter. We do not need more absurd backstory and this entire Otherworld non-sense.

There is really nothing redeemable about dressing up in the British flag and being the symbol of a colonial country.....#Thereaintnoblackintheunionjack #FreeBetsy

I also think it is quite interesting how the hyper-sexualization went with Kwannon's body while white Betsy is suddenly all dressed up...
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-17-2020 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Betsy is uninteresting now because she lost her entire identity to Kwannon. Don't confuse it, people. Kwannon is nothing without Betsy, not the other way around.

#FreeBetsy
    Keep telling that yourself, The ninja and Asian stuff is what made Psylocke click as character. Betsy is still walking around with all her history. The only thing Betsy is missing is a name and butterfly. Both of those things are ascetics for character recognition. It is not like a story all sudden becomes bad because she doesn't have a butterfly or someone doesn't call her Psylocke.

Psylocke(Betsy) was very visual character, a ton of her useful moments come from being a ninja character and being in position to do some cool because she was a ninja. Without being to fall back on being a cool badass Ninja Betsy is pretty boring visually. The visual ninja ascetic which is "Kwannon" makes the character. Which is why in just couple of page Sora (kwannon and Forge) stands out

Sora has same design philosophy as character Psylocke did, which means every time she shows up in a book,They are going put doing cool looking Ninja stuff. It looks a lot like Betsy is nothing without being an Asian super ninja.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It looks a lot like Betsy is nothing without being an Asian super ninja.
    Even if that's the case, Betsy was an Asian ninja before Kwannon was even created by mistake, so the point still stands.