Page 172 of 189 FirstFirst ... 72122162168169170171172173174175176182 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 2833
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Yesterday's solicitations were just the worst. We can't even joke about the prospect of Evil!Clops and Saint!Jean committing genocide or whatever.

BANNED

https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...00552?Prevue=1 there is a preview for X-men 15
    Seems like it won't retell same story

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalo...00552?Prevue=1 there is a preview for X-men 15
    I mean, X-Men 14 started off the same way so we won't know until the book is out.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I mean, X-Men 14 started off the same way so we won't know until the book is out.
    I cannot rule out reused art at all, but Yu does not have any interior art credit in the solicits for 15 unlike 14.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    An actual sword fight! That’s a plus

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Those prev pages look...promising. That's all I can say.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

All-New Member

Outside of The White Sword, Isca and Genesis. These people won't last long against any notable superhero team smh. Imagine being hyped as the best version of Death horseman only to lose to a drunk and powerless Storm lmao. The later horsemen can fight and even overpower entire X-Men teams.

Show don't tell. This event would have been better if they focused on establishing why Arakko were serious threats by having earlier conflicts that expands their character beats, motivations and powers more instead of focusing on the now useless filler sword collecting and silly mario party games that cheapens what's at stake. Most of the arakkiis only have boring singular abilites and for all the fancy names their swords have, most seem to be regular blades.
    Last edited by CTheory; 11-21-2020 at 12:08 AM.

BANNED

I haven't find any of the Original Horsemen to be enticing enough to be even compared to Final Horsemen but I will wait till Destruction pops out .

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Nah, the dude called mommy and daddy after losing.

Noto can't draw action, so this issue just didn't cut it.

Storm beating Death, while drunk, was....underwhelming. That's how the most interesting Horseman dies?
    Wouldn't it be something if Scott and Jean showed up and caused mass destruction just because Cable's a crybaby?
    My flag is bacon.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if Scott and Jean showed up and caused mass destruction just because Cable's a crybaby?
    Going by what Jean says, I'm actually expecting them to do something awesome but...like the rest of this tournament so far, I also expect to be disappointed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by what Jean says, I'm actually expecting them to do something awesome but...like the rest of this tournament so far, I also expect to be disappointed.
    Same with me. They have teased Cyclops plan and whatever so much, that it will either backfire or be something stupid, probably both.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Events shouldn't be longer than 12 issues

Spectacular Member

This whole crossover started with such potential but seems to have gotten lost along the way and become some mundane reality game show. The Contestants were selected because they wielded a particular sword but then those swords, with only a few exceptions, were never needed for any of the challenges. Why put all this hype into the swords and their acquisition when they are so minor a prop. One of the swords could have as easily been a plastic toy that had washed up on shore two days before the event.

however the ineffectiveness of the swords isn't the worst part. On top of forgetting that the Champions had swords the writer also forgot that the champions on both sides were mutants. The only time powers were used were between challenges or when a power can't be turned off (Iss'a inability to lose and Wolverine's healing factor for example). We are 19 issues in and I still don't even know what the Arakko Champion's mutant powers are or what they can do. Would have liked to see each champion unleash their power in attempt to achieve their individual victory at least once.

All this hype about a true death for all those participating Champions and yet there have only been four battles to the death in the whole tournament. Hope there is a giant plot twist still to come because so far this crossover has not hit the mark that I was at least expecting and hoping for.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    however the ineffectiveness of the swords isn't the worst part. On top of forgetting that the Champions had swords the writer also forgot that the champions on both sides were mutants. The only time powers were used were between challenges or when a power can't be turned off (Iss'a inability to lose and Wolverine's healing factor for example). We are 19 issues in and I still don't even know what the Arakko Champion's mutant powers are or what they can do. Would have liked to see each champion unleash their power in attempt to achieve their individual victory at least once.
    No ones sword has been “forgotten.” No one’s mutant ability has been “forgotten.” What r u talking about? We already learned what the Arakkos sides’ powers were, it was in Stasis. A reread may help you like this event more.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Events shouldn't be longer than 12 issues
    6 to 8. Don't give them a reason to pull out that much money from you.
    "Cable was right!"