Page 146 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,190 of 2833
    Astonishing Member

The White Sword is my favorite mutant from Arrako now. Other than that I didn't care for these issues, especially Excalibur as usual. Can’t wait to drop that book again once this event ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    They all had to collect swords and both stiffed have picked sword bearers, so he'll yeah, I expect them to world and fight with these swords, duh-huh.

So basically the X of Swords does not contain any sword fighting so far. Even though we have seen many issues where they were collecting the swords.

Am I the only one finding that a bit disappointing?.
    Guessing you didn’t read Wolverine #7? It’s pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Oh it was foretold by the cards, so everything is alright haha
    No, just explaining a story since some seem to be confused. Hopefully you understand what you’re reading better now.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Really wish Hickman could've written every issue of this event. Cypher and Bei getting together was interesting, and hilarious, but Excalibur was excruciating to read. Seriously, just give that book to Hickman.

This event as a whole just seems like a waste of time. I get that in-universe Saturnyne is a Grand Master level troll, but we have have to pay for these issues in real f***ing life. Everything prior to Marauders #14 told us that this was a serious, to-the-death, tournament. I mean, I feel it was obvious that there was another shoe to drop, as to kill off these Arakkii and Amenthi antagonists that we STILL BARELY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT would be a huge waste, but at least give us the epic battles we were told to expect. Not these 2-3 page montages.

I've read manga like Vagabond, Berserk and Blade of the Immortal, and these X of Swords fights are pathetic. I know that Western comics tend to be trash at drawing good, substantive fights, but this was just god awful. Phil Noto can't draw action to save his life. I've thought this since his X-23 issues and that Ice Man Ice Age event. Wolverine #7 had great art, but was rushed to all hell. Even if the fights are rigged, give us good fights! Especially when you wasted 11-12 NOT FREE issues to build up said fights.

My only hope for the rest of Hickman's run is that the conclusion of this arc means something, and that this event wasn't all his idea. This event has seriously disrupted his already very inconsistent run. The one time we get a full story being told in this Dawn of X, that seems good, it gets derailed at the half-way mark. It's like they remembered that they're western comics, and the crew of artists they have on this project can't draw fights to save their lives.
    Last edited by TooFlyToFail; 11-11-2020 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Really wish Hickman could've written every issue of this event.
    I said the same thing before.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Guessing you didn’t read Wolverine #7? It’s pretty good.

No, just explaining a story since some seem to be confused. Hopefully you understand what you’re reading better now.
    1) It really wasn't. It was too fast paced, and none of the fights held any weight. War finds out Wolverine killed her son, and we get a fight that last 5 pages. Not to mention, War, someone with far more combat experience than Wolverine, fights like a child, and for some reason never expected Wolverine to use his claws? Really?

2) Regardless of whether the battles are going as the tarot cards say, the first half of this event was told in a mostly pretty serious tone. Had a whole issue dedicated to Doug coming to grips with his inevitable death. People had to pay for these issues, seeing as these issues actually feed into each other to some degree (only to find out that some are almost irrelevant...like Cable and Hellions). Then they had people pay for almost the same art 3x. Execution is what's important here, and the 2nd half of the event is tonally all over the place and completely at odds with the Hickman issues.

1) It really wasn't. It was too fast paced, and none of the fights held any weight. War finds out Wolverine killed her son, and we get a fight that last 5 pages. Not to mention, War, someone with far more combat experience than Wolverine, fights like a child, and for some reason never expected Wolverine to use his claws? Really?
    War, who is a rival of Solem and the mother of Summoner is sooooo shocked when she realizes she cant cut Wolverines head off.

In this moment Wolverine cuts her hand off.... The lady with 1000s of years of fighting experience.... Who is familiar with entities that are invulnerable... is easily caught of guard by a drunken Wolverine.

Gimme me a fukin brake.

That's nice.

Getting a sword was the membership fee to drinking contest and arm-wrestling match. Yes, worth all the time and money spent.

Also, that's a Hickman issue, right? Notice how that issue was actually well written, compared to (most of) the rest of the non-Hickman issues? Not to mention, that that quote could easily also be interpreted that just because one has their sword doesn't automatically mean they're worthy of it or have what it takes to win. If Cypher was going to find some way to win, or get out of his fight, then maybe, instead of a rushed marriage, he gets an issue that allows him to get to know and understand Bei. That way, once it was time for a fight, Bei would forfeit after falling for the one person that attempted to understand her.

You know....SUBSTANTIVE issues with character work and development. Rather than shallow rushed nonsense. We barely f***ing know who Bei is.

2) Regardless of whether the battles are going as the tarot cards say, the first half of this event was told in a mostly pretty serious tone. Had a whole issue dedicated to Doug coming to grips with his inevitable death. People had to pay for these issues, seeing as these issues actually feed into each other to some degree (only to find out that some are almost irrelevant...like Cable and Hellions). Then they had people pay for almost the same art 3x. Execution is what's important here, and the 2nd half of the event is tonally all over the place and completely at odds with the Hickman issues.
    1) You think that’s all we’re gonna see of War and Wolverine (and Solem)? I’m not understanding what’s making anyone think that’s the end of their story. Also, War won the initial battle and wouldn’t beaten Logan if he didn’t have an Adamantium skeleton so her knowledge over his claws didn’t matter at all because she was caught off guard.

2) The 2nd half, understandably, has a different feel than the first half. That’s what the point of Stasis was. It isn’t all over the place, it may have some jovial or lighthearted moments but it is pretty consistently mindbend-y. Which is what you’d expect from a tournament that’s supposed to decide the fate of all the realms, helmed by the sick, twisted mind of Opal Luna Saturnyne. These tournament issues are gonna be action packed and fast paced, but it’ll most likely slow down as it rolls into Destruction.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    War, who is a rival of Solem and the mother of Summoner is sooooo shocked when she realizes she cant cut Wolverines head off.

In this moment Wolverine cuts her hand off.... The lady with 1000s of years of fighting experience.... Who is familiar with entities that are invulnerable... is easily caught of guard by a drunken Wolverine.

Gimme me a fukin brake.
    Gives birth to an unkillable son.

Has fought an invulnerable rival.

Is caught off guard that she can't easily sever the head of unkillable person who killed her invulnerable son.

Oh, also, Wolverine's healing factor was messed up right? How'd he tank those hits? Without the pain dampeners of his healing factor, you'd think such hits, plush being drunk as hell. would've really left him screwed versus War..... whom has lived in centuries of near constant war.

I'm feeling more than a bit cheated here. 1/2 of the crossover wasted gathering swords that turn out to be not important for most of the fights. No intelligent duels, just mostly so far arbitrary and whimsical contests that Saturnyne is pulling out of her ass. This crossover is really disappointing me apart from the spectacular art in the specials and the humour in a few of the regular issues. Part of that disappointment stems from the painfully, needlessly bloated nature of it. This could have bee done in 12 issues.

1) Creation special.
    2-4) Gather the swords.
    5) Stasis special.
    6-7) Unicorn and sacred scarab dinner.
    8-11) ACTUAL FIGHTS!!! Plus some fun chicanery.
    12) Destruction special.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I don't understand what people were expecting.

From the very outset Hickman established his X-line was not about big truck nuts and machismo fights - it is a political drama wrapped in comic book goofiness.

Every title from Dawn of X has been Krakoa's relationship with the outside world and how a world and (possibly) the galaxy who hates mutantdom will deal with them.

This story is one of a long lost kingdom of mutants and their relationship with the current kingdom of mutants being manipulated by a third party: Saturnyne.

It's a political drama with some action - also we still have six issues left, so we may get truck nutting action soon enough

Gives birth to an unkillable son.

Has fought an invulnerable rival.

Is caught off guard that she can't easily sever the head of unkillable person who killed her invulnerable son.

Oh, also, Wolverine's healing factor was messed up right? How'd he tank those hits? Without the pain dampeners of his healing factor, you'd think such hits, plush being drunk as hell. would've really left him screwed versus War..... whom has lived in centuries of near constant war.
    The more you think about it, the worse it gets.

1) You think that’s all we’re gonna see of War and Wolverine (and Solem)? I’m not understanding what’s making anyone think that’s the end of their story. Also, War won the initial battle and wouldn’t beaten Logan if he didn’t have an Adamantium skeleton so her knowledge over his claws didn’t matter at all because she was caught off guard.

2) The 2nd half, understandably, has a different feel than the first half. That’s what the point of Stasis was. It isn’t all over the place, it may have some jovial or lighthearted moments but it is pretty consistently mindbend-y. Which is what you’d expect from a tournament that’s supposed to decide the fate of all the realms, helmed by the sick, twisted mind of Opal Luna Saturnyne. These tournament issues are gonna be action packed and fast paced, but it’ll most likely slow down as it rolls into Destruction.
    1) You can't be serious. I'm talking about this event, which has 6 more chapters left, not post event. So I have wait until after this event, which I'm paying for, for that chance to pay for character work....maybe? They've introduced all these characters, and have done damn near nothing with them. Also, she's a damn master combatant, so I expect her to be prepared for his mutant power....given she's facing mutants with swords. Why are you defending such a shallow fight?

2) Really? I'm supposed expect a marriage and an arm wrestling match, involving characters we barely know when dealing with the fate of all the realms? Realms, mind you, that we barely know for the most part. "Action packed"? What have you been reading? There's nothing "action packed" about these "fights". There's little substance besides random action poses, because these artist can't draw fights. Also, "slow down"? I would hope seeing as it's 5-2 Arakko after two issues lol.

War and Summoner lost to the wolverine. I don't know if they are weak or wolvierine is too strong.
    I imagine if wolverine had a few more minutes he would have killed War too.