Page 121 of 178 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,815 of 2669
  1. #1801
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    641

    Default

    Could someone tell me why the other two preview are closed? It's confirmed that the

    spoilers:
    sword-bearers this week are Betsy, Brian and Apocalypse
    end of spoilers

  2. #1802
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Could someone tell me why the other two preview are closed? It's confirmed that the

    spoilers:
    sword-bearers this week are Betsy, Brian and Apocalypse
    end of spoilers
    They are closed to encourage people to make a review thread for the books.

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Also, making her alive and relevant- in fact, the single most important character in the story- after 20 years dead and as a footnote, and all that while delivering one of, if not the best single issue in the history of the franchise.
    At the minute she is just a working plot device. Admittedly a very important one but until more is done with her that's all it is.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

    CBR community Standards and Rules

  3. #1803
    Fantastic Member JamJams's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    I don't want to get too off topic in this thread arguing about the Moira of it all but I just wanted to support Omega Alpha here. House of X #2 is as good an issue of X-Men as there's ever been. The idea that this retcon "ruined" a character that has been dead 20 years and just makes her infinitely more fascinating is one that I vehemently disagree with. I think it was about as exciting a retcon as I can remember being done. Sure, it doesn't totalllllllllllly add up but that just makes me excited for someone to write a proper Moira X book someday to explain some of that stuff.
    This made me go back to remember which issue House of X #2 was. And in re-reading it I saw in Moira's 9th life she joined with Apocalypse and who is in the background? His first Horsemen. The difference being there's no Genesis and looks like Moira is his new wife. But with the X of Swords event we know where the Horsemen went and (mostly) what they were up too.

    So it makes me wonder if in their 9th life if Apocalypse made Krakoa as his mutant nation and if they had their own version of X of Swords to rescue his children? Which would mean so far that even though this is a minor variation where Xavier and Magneto are still alive, this has already happened before. Which means they are still on the path of losing that Moira tried to warn them about, but if that's true why is she so unconcerned and just enjoying her tea time in the Krakoa basement?
    Comics: House of X, Powers of X

  4. #1804
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    This made me go back to remember which issue House of X #2 was. And in re-reading it I saw in Moira's 9th life she joined with Apocalypse and who is in the background? His first Horsemen. The difference being there's no Genesis and looks like Moira is his new wife. But with the X of Swords event we know where the Horsemen went and (mostly) what they were up too.

    So it makes me wonder if in their 9th life if Apocalypse made Krakoa as his mutant nation and if they had their own version of X of Swords to rescue his children? Which would mean so far that even though this is a minor variation where Xavier and Magneto are still alive, this has already happened before. Which means they are still on the path of losing that Moira tried to warn them about, but if that's true why is she so unconcerned and just enjoying her tea time in the Krakoa basement?
    Life 9 is supposed to be the future of x2 (100 years in the future), which showed Krakoa as an Asteroid M style base in space. From which they tried to gather as many informations as possible before freeing Moira, handing her the informations over and killing her to send the informations into a new timeline. (Even though still more than 10000 mutants were alive and kicking around the Galaxy, while humanity was basicly trapped on Earth with a bunch of Sentinels as overlords).

    However judging by how Arrako resembles Krakoa in set up, it's definetly possible Moira in Life 9 learned of the whole thing (for the first time), helped Apocalypse create his own version of Arrako from Krakoa in that timeline (including turning the Horsemen to his side) and then presented the whole idea to Xavier and Magneto in Life 10 who created their own improved version of Krakoa (likely with the 5 mutant replication manufactory that didn't seem to exist in the previous lifes of Moira).

    Basicly the Krakoa from Life 9 was a prototype to what Xavier and Magneto created now.

    It also definetly raises the question how much Xavier and Magneto allready knew of the event and are now playing fool, while having all planned out allready?

    As for Life 10 being still on a similar track as Life 9. I keep wondering if the X2 and X3 designation for Life 9 and Life 6 might hint that they aren't JUST those two past lifes, but still a future the Mutants are currently heading for?
    Can't quite put my finger on it, but i suspect some potential timeline confusion might come up down the line.

  5. #1805
    ♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦♦ Godlike13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    10,140

    Default

    This weeks issues were a bit boring, not gonna lie. There's been some epic swords quest and real character arcs, and these were just kind of meh by comparison.

  6. #1806
    Uncanny King-Kamalu lemonpeace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Brooklyn's WiFi
    Posts
    3,232

    Default

    I gotta catch up on the event, I picked up a couple of these tie-in issues and they seem as dope as I thought it would be. would it be better to hold out longer and binge, or is it worth just jumping in and catching up? also, what's the reception like for X of Swords among X fans so far?
    SIGNAL/Duke Thomas' fandom wikia

    I support militant Professor X

    Manga: One Piece, My Hero, Mashle, Tokyo Revengers, Jujutsu Kaisen, GoH, Black Clover
    DC: Suicide Squad, Far Sector
    Marvel: Immortal Hulk, Miles Morales: Spiderman, Black Panther, X-books, Venom, Shang-Chi
    Anticipated titles: Other History of the DC, The Next Batman, Dark Multiverse: Dark Nights Metal, Future State: Green Lantern, Future State: Aquaman.

    "power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

  7. #1807

    Default

    From today's X-Men Monday:



    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  8. #1808

    Default



    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  9. #1809
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    It is funny how the teams got chosen. "Okay, Arakko, the ten toughest of you, who happen to be the only one's with names..." "Krakoa, I know you've probably got 10 Omegas to spare, but I'm gonna pick a random assortment of people, and maybe one of them will be an Omega (because I like her hair), but one of which won't even be a mutant, 'cause I have a thing for Captains Britain."

    No attempt at 'balance' or anything. No, 'Okay, I'm picking Doug for Krakoa's team, but he has to face random twilight demon #4726, and Isca, your power is that you can't lose? Boring. Give that demon over there your sword, you're sitting this one out.'

  10. #1810

  11. #1811
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,427

    Default

    Summoner's sword kinda looks like the Necrosword

  12. #1812
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,669

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It is funny how the teams got chosen. "Okay, Arakko, the ten toughest of you, who happen to be the only one's with names..." "Krakoa, I know you've probably got 10 Omegas to spare, but I'm gonna pick a random assortment of people, and maybe one of them will be an Omega (because I like her hair), but one of which won't even be a mutant, 'cause I have a thing for Captains Britain."

    No attempt at 'balance' or anything. No, 'Okay, I'm picking Doug for Krakoa's team, but he has to face random twilight demon #4726, and Isca, your power is that you can't lose? Boring. Give that demon over there your sword, you're sitting this one out.'
    Pretty much and thank the Goddess!!!
    I'm loving the unpredictability and randomness of it all. "By the numbers" and "balanced" expected storytelling is Boring AF.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  13. #1813
    Mighty Member Viteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,021

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Are those the Arakkoans who left to find another solution? Or the rulers of that Otherworld kingdom the horsemen invaded? Could they be the same? The Horsemen did talk as if they had some history with them.

  14. #1814
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It is funny how the teams got chosen. "Okay, Arakko, the ten toughest of you, who happen to be the only one's with names..." "Krakoa, I know you've probably got 10 Omegas to spare, but I'm gonna pick a random assortment of people, and maybe one of them will be an Omega (because I like her hair), but one of which won't even be a mutant, 'cause I have a thing for Captains Britain."

    No attempt at 'balance' or anything. No, 'Okay, I'm picking Doug for Krakoa's team, but he has to face random twilight demon #4726, and Isca, your power is that you can't lose? Boring. Give that demon over there your sword, you're sitting this one out.'
    Well it's not like the person who called the tournament seems to have acted much according to strategies and more along magic predictions of "chose those and the outcome will be in your favor.".

    Meanwhile for the X-men it might not seem like they have much of a choice, since the whole fight happens in a realm outside their controll and is a problem basicly falling right on their doorstep with no warning (or close to doing so). So agreeing could be seen as just hoping to buy time in order to formulate a plan on how to handle this new situation down the line.

    The swords chosen by Not-Emma-But-Looks-Almost-Like-Her also seem very specific so they might think it's best just to throw in the wielder best associated with the weapon. For example a wakandan sword that can redirect lightning from the sky seems like an obvious hint on who should wield it.

    Also isn't it fairly obvious that only those who get chosen for this event would have names considering the whole Arrako thing was only created NOW, so nobody had a chance to create a large amount of Arrako C-listers for them yet, which the X-men have?

    Though i agree the whole setup feels very random.

  15. #1815
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Pretty much and thank the Goddess!!!
    I'm loving the unpredictability and randomness of it all. "By the numbers" and "balanced" expected storytelling is Boring AF.
    Oh, I agree, it would be boring to have 10 Omega X-peeps up against 10 Omega-ish Arakkoans. Especially since the Omegas are kind of same-y. Ooh, in this corner, we have another telekinetic/telepath! And there Exodus and Vulcan and Mikhail Rasputin, back to back to back with their 'whatever the F he wants' powers! Ooh, reality-manipulator face-off in the corner!

    This is way more interesting. And, really, there's no way Wolverine would make the cut if it was all Omegas.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •