Page 98 of 121 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108 ... LastLast
Results 1,456 to 1,470 of 1806
  1. #1456
    spit and hades! Andru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,442

    Default

    $100 is MSRP

    These books are always discounted at most, if not all e-tailers (Amazon, IST, etc.)

  2. #1457
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    60 is probably the pre order price which is usually cheaper than when the book comes out
    I think what he says makes sense. That $60 listing still has the original Nov date and hasnt been updated with the January or $100 MSRP. FYI, on Amazon, when something is discounted, they list both prices. The sale price and the MSRP crossed out so you know you are getting a discount

  3. #1458
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    562

    Default

    Looking at the Dec solicitations, I think some of the sword bearers aren't going to survive.

    We need the Five and Cerebro to resurrect mutants, what if a few of the Five mutant resurrectors are killed or even Cerebro and its backups are destroyed?

  4. #1459
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Looking at the Dec solicitations, I think some of the sword bearers aren't going to survive.

    We need the Five and Cerebro to resurrect mutants, what if a few of the Five mutant resurrectors are killed or even Cerebro and its backups are destroyed?
    Anything is possible but I doubt it. Xavier has mutants who can probably fill in for The Five if the need arises and according to House of X Xavier has five back-ups. We know that one is located on krakoa thanks to X-Force. But I feel like the issue with Resurrection will be more of a mystical one rather than a technological one plus I don't think we'll be getting rid of Resurrection anytime soon that would kind of make X factor completely obsolete a title not to mention the impact would happen all the X titles

  5. #1460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Anything is possible but I doubt it. Xavier has mutants who can probably fill in for The Five if the need arises and according to House of X Xavier has five back-ups. We know that one is located on krakoa thanks to X-Force. But I feel like the issue with Resurrection will be more of a mystical one rather than a technological one plus I don't think we'll be getting rid of Resurrection anytime soon that would kind of make X factor completely obsolete a title not to mention the impact would happen all the X titles
    Alternately, getting rid of Resurrection would make X-Factor more important because investigating deaths would become a higher priority activity without any way to bring mutants back.

    But it would raise the question of why introduce the concept in the first place if it doesn't last very long.
    I can also be reached on Twitter and WordPress.

    Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad, now complete!

    Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

  6. #1461
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    The Resurrection Protocols might be compromised or hindered in some way so as not to be fully functional.
    My guess would be Arrako's "corruption" of Krakoa...somehow through physical proximity r full rejoining?...seeing as Krakoa is partially necessary for the process to be successful.
    We are MUTANT...One people. One tribe. One family...Krakoa, FOREVER!!!

  7. #1462
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Resurrection Protocols might be compromised or hindered in some way so as not to be fully functional.
    My guess would be Arrako's "corruption" of Krakoa...somehow through physical proximity r full rejoining?...seeing as Krakoa is partially necessary for the process to be successful.
    It would have to be something bigger than just losing one of the five. They've got multiple backups for Elixir (Triage, Morlock Healer) and Proteus (Jim Jaspers, Franklin Richards, possibly Wiccan) and Tempus (Tempo, Sway, Lacuna, Kiden Nixon, Timeslip), so only Hope (who doesn't really do anything?) and Egg/Goldballz are not easily replaced (and, thanks to people like Hope, Rogue, Mimic, etc., nobody is really not replaceable...).

    A corruption of the Cerebro download process could make it less desirable (either losing some elements in the transfer, such as the restoration of Carol Danver's memories telepathically carrying none of the emotional context) or even problematic (some sinister soul has put in 'code' so that every resurrected mutant is a Manchurian candidate subconsciously programmed to obey someone or follow certain directives). But this crab-head calling himself Xavier would have to be in on it...

  8. #1463
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    3,877

    Default

    Hope could be replaced with Synch and Mimic.

    Ironically, Goldballs might be the most important person in Krakoa.

  9. #1464
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    71

    Default

    I really hope they let me keep my X of Swords Amazon pre order. I have it for $53 CAD, which is about $40 USD. In the past I've seen it go both ways for when a pre order item gets changed.

  10. #1465
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Even Goldballs absence can be easily solved. They could say they had plenty of "eggs" from him stored already waiting to be fertilized.

  11. #1466
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    This is going to be awesome.
    I think it's safe to say Annihilation is one of the horsemen, and no longer has loyalty to Arrako. Would be interesting to know the role of unknown characters like Solem

  12. #1467
    Invincible Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    20,249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Hope could be replaced with Synch and Mimic.

    Ironically, Goldballs might be the most important person in Krakoa.
    Synch is trapped in the Vault. Mimic cant be used as a replacement. Mimic can only copy powers. Thats not Hope's role in the resurrection process. She is key to the 5 working in unison. She boosts their powers , stabilizes and manipulates them such the process is perfect. Without her the eggs may not be viable, they may overshoot the aging process, the mutants may come back wrong, etc....Hope brings everything together such that potential errors are kept to an absolute minimum. Synch's powers hadnt evolved to the point where he could do something like that. Hope can use her powers on others whereas he like Mimic, could only use it on himself.

  13. #1468
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MAR420X View Post
    Looks like Solem is a badass

  14. #1469
    Fantastic Member Knightmare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Synch is trapped in the Vault. Mimic cant be used as a replacement. Mimic can only copy powers. Thats not Hope's role in the resurrection process. She is key to the 5 working in unison. She boosts their powers , stabilizes and manipulates them such the process is perfect. Without her the eggs may not be viable, they may overshoot the aging process, the mutants may come back wrong, etc....Hope brings everything together such that potential errors are kept to an absolute minimum. Synch's powers hadnt evolved to the point where he could do something like that. Hope can use her powers on others whereas he like Mimic, could only use it on himself.
    Meggan can replace anyone that team including Hope. Problem solved!

  15. #1470
    Astonishing Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    4,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Meggan can replace anyone that team including Hope. Problem solved!
    Meggan and a good telepath could really substitie anyone. Can she replace all 5 of them tho?

    Meggan should be Omega shapeshifter btw

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •