Page 187 of 189 FirstFirst ... 87137177183184185186187188189 LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,805 of 2833

He released Cypher from any obligation to him.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    The lamest hero of Arakko clearly is Redroot. Now taken by Jaspers in a silly way. Heck, we never even saw her use her powers. She was a waste.

I hope we will see more of White Sword and is Cypher now party of his army since he healed him?
    I assume she's the equivalent of Cypher who also is equally as useless other than translation

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I assume she's the equivalent of Cypher who also is equally as useless other than translation
    Based on her look, I'd think she's either a plant-controller, or a body of wood-like 'tank' (like Groot) able to grow into a big-tree-person. Neither of which sound terribly useful in a footrace. (And the plant controller thing would be spoiler-y/redundant/anticlimactic if that's the exact same power Big Bad Genesis has...).

Spectacular Member

in regards to Redroot, they had her be caught by Jim Jaspers, mostly intact, for a reason. could have killed her or have Jim turn her into fertilizer if they wanted but they didn't. I predict that Arakko is gonna ask for her, eventually some team will be made to try to get her back and then there's your conflict with Jim Jaspers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    We're all entitled to our opinions and imo XoS is miles better than the dreck we got with Battle of the Atom, Disassembled, and Age of X-man.
    Agree, although XoS turned out not to be as good as the marketing hype preceding it.

It's still much better than the trash of Disassembled and Age of X-Man which I've essentially put into my trashbin.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Apart from:

The X-men are now independent from the Council and Krakoa.
    Jean is out of the QC.
    Gorgon is dead.
    Doug is married.
    There's millions of new mutants on Earth.
    Sorry, I must have missed something.

What do you mean by X-Men are now independent from council? When did that happen?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Doug’s marriage and Warlock’s not involvement in XOS I’m sure will be explained. Doug is suddenly in love with Bei? Her sword’s name is Seducer isn’t it? Clearly there is more going on here. Warlock not being involve, even in the battle at the end is kind of ridiculous.

I am fine with most of the outcome of XoS except for Doug's wedding and I think Betsy death is just temporary.

It really doesn't make sense to be in love with somebody who you can't understand and who threatened to kill you 5 minutes before the wedding. I think whoever thought of this wedding is being really silly.

Doug has flirted with both Kitty Pryde and Betsy for much longer period before but they never got married.

I would think that Doug felt compelled to wed her to save his own life but after the XoS event, they should have divorced and went their separate ways.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    No. Cypher is not useless, have you seen Zeb Well's New Mutants when he used his other powers such as body language, magic spell etc.

Apparently not, and neither did the new writers.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I am fine with most of the outcome of XoS except for Doug's wedding and I think Betsy death is just temporary.

It really doesn't make sense to be in love with somebody who you can't understand and who threatened to kill you 5 minutes before the wedding. I think whoever thought of this wedding is being really silly.

Doug has flirted with both Kitty Pryde and Betsy for much longer period before but they never got married.

I would think that Doug felt compelled to wed her to save his own life but after the XoS event, they should have divorced and went their separate ways.
    It’s her sword. I’m telling you. I’m fairly certain Warlock would have stayed quiet the entire event if this was normal. I hate it for sure.

Mighty Member

No. Cypher is not useless, have you seen Zeb Well's New Mutants when he used his other powers such as body language, magic spell etc.

Apparently not, and neither did the new writers.
    I dunno why you seem to think folks don'r know about zeb wells run. People know about that one genosha arc, they don't care. Hell, wells didn't even care about it beyond that arc with Doug.

Sorry, I must have missed something.

What do you mean by X-Men are now independent from council? When did that happen?
    The term "X-Men" got banned in Krakoa. It was mentioned in one of the info pages.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I dunno why you seem to think folks don'r know about zeb wells run. People know about that one genosha arc, they don't care. Hell, wells didn't even care about it beyond that arc with Doug.
    “Fighting is a language” is such a terrible reach that it fully deserves its place in the dustbin of history.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    The term "X-Men" got banned in Krakoa. It was mentioned in one of the info pages.
    They also wanted to phase out the group entirely and not have them involved in the fight, but Cyclops and Jean went anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    “Fighting is a language” is such a terrible reach that it fully deserves its place in the dustbin of history.
    Being able to read someone's body language should be useless if Cypher isn't fast or strong enough to match his opponents. Is like Karnak, he can see the flaw in everything and is a great fighter, but he should not be able to knock down Hulk or Thor just because he knows that Thor broke his arm when he was a child or that Hulk have a weak jaw.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 11-29-2020 at 07:47 AM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They also wanted to phase out the group entirely and not have them involved in the fight, but Cyclops and Jean went anyway.
    The most interesting and exciting part of this event IMO. It allows the X-Men to be outsiders and underdogs again but without the reason for those things being persecution.