Page 164 of 189 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 2,446 to 2,460 of 2833

The issues this week were better than the messes we got last

BANNED

Storm and Gorgon are officially the MVPs of this story. Wolverine and Brian screwed everyone by being a dick/not giving the dick to Saturnyne.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Definitely better than last week, and Gorgon is the MVP of the whole damn event.
    Pretty sure Duggan or Percy would have butchered his own book of this week if Logan would have appeared in his book.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I enjoyed this week's issues, they were quite a lot more brutal than last week's, especially Hellions. The art in all three was amazing. However, I refuse to believe that the Krakoans would lose a pose off or a dance off. Sinister's take down of Kitty's fashion sense was hilarious, and Emma quietly agreeing with him. Greycrow showed more restraint against Empath than I thought he would.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Storm and Gorgon are officially the MVPs of this story. Wolverine and Brian screwed everyone by being a dick/not giving the dick to Saturnyne.
    Not really I mean why the f!$ Logan would have attacked Saturnyne in the first place. You can just blame the writers for making him a scapegoat. Storm didn't stopped him either.
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-18-2020 at 09:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member

I get Gorgon being the MVP since he got them so many points at once, but why Storm? She approved Wolverine's 'let's stab Saturnyne and see what happens' plan and had one big moment that got them 1 point, and it seems that she didn't even succeed in killing her opponent.

I expected a little more from the horsemen of the apocalypse ... I don't know ... War is impusive and Death seems to have only one power

Extraordinary Member

So Gorgon is the only useful X-Man?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I expected a little more from the horsemen of the apocalypse ... I don't know ... War is impusive and Death seems to have only one power
    Which could have worked if written true to character and abilities.
    The writers had enough issues after Stasis: chapter 11 to do one AvK battle per issue leading up to Destruction. Where we could have gotten really good characterisations and fight scenes that still left a lot of room to "subvert expectations", drive the story forward, and set up future plots. That scene where Storm dances with Death in Marauders could have been an even more awesome metaphorical dance played out over twenty-two pages showcasing both their skills and powers.
    But alas...
    During one of their zoom calls, some "smart alec" had a brain fart to "flip the script". And we got arm wrestling, drinking, a wedding and a foot race and more nonsense...with a few short swordfights in between. SMFH.

Destruction needs to live up to its title and obliterate the last third of this event.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

The Gorgon been done dirty with that pitiful death

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    The Gorgon been done dirty with that pitiful death
    Yupp.
    It's as though the writers deliberately decided to make what would otherwise have been AWESOME duels stupid just so that they would seem "more interesting" and "less predictable". Only to fail dismally.
    Pogg being a little man in a suit is not interesting and Saturnyne rigging the points system is absolutely predictable.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Thank goodness for the Cable issue, because the other two this week were just turhible. Ugh. This whole thing has been a steaming pile...but I admit to being curious about what Jean and Scott are going to do.

Eh, he was on his last breath after fighting an entire army of people

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JTFSXX View Post
    Thank goodness for the Cable issue, because the other two this week were just turhible. Ugh. This whole thing has been a steaming pile...but I admit to being curious about what Jean and Scott are going to do.
    Nah, the dude called mommy and daddy after losing.

Noto can't draw action, so this issue just didn't cut it.

Storm beating Death, while drunk, was....underwhelming. That's how the most interesting Horseman dies?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Death looked pretty dead but he wasn't marked dead in Cable.
    Considering he is...Death, I don't know if he can even die.