Page 163 of 189 FirstFirst ... 63113153159160161162163164165166167173 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,445 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    How is character created to be an Asian ninja racist? No If Jubilee, Surge, Armor, Karma, Sunfire were to be turn into ninjas that would be racist. Kwannon is a technically stereotype but if you decide to make popular female ninja as character what are your options? Stereotypes some times happen for a reason. Anyways the reason I mention all of those non ninja Asian characters is because while Betsy was running around being popular Asian sexy ninja woman, Those characters sat on the sideline and the X-book never had urge to push an Asian character because they had very popular one. The only thing that character wasn't Asian she was a British white woman. Some Betsy fans should just sit any convo about character traits being given to other character
    Because 99% of Asians in comics are ninjas, it's ridiculous. In fact, the characters you mentioned are pretty much the only semi-prominent ones who aren't. Marvel should've pushed them more instead of relying on the tired stereotype again. It's not Betsy's fault these characters were sidelined. That's entirely on Marvel, just like the whole body swap fiasco is on Marvel. The character is not responsible for the company's racist decisions.

Why shouldn't another character benefit in the same way?
    Because she's benefiting at the expense of my favorite character, obviously.

You guys worried about how Betsy is being portrayed in Excalibur? Imagining being Rogue in that book lol

BTW, remember Rogue?

lol, Rogue is in the book?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    You guys worried about how Betsy is being portrayed in Excalibur? Imagining being Rogue in that book lol

BTW, remember Rogue?
    She is even on the book? ahhaha

I think Betsy get lots of screentime, but does nothing. Excalibur been a waste

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

BTW, remember Rogue?
    It'll never be worse than Gambit's writing, however

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    But people are correct that this should've been an Apocalypse solo. Rogue and Gambit got the worst hand dealt to them IMO.
    Too many Braddocks in this book for it to be only Apoc solo.
    It is Apoc and Betsy book.

Gambit and Rogue are trashed in it completely.

I will say that these three issues were better than last 3 issues. And I am ready for some iconic shiet to happen in these next 3 issues. The writers better come through with this conclusion.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I'm really loving the fantasy elements of this event. Haven't been able to pick up every issue, but I'm enjoying what I can get.

Loved Storm's scenes in X-Force today.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I will say that these three issues were better than last 3 issues. And I am ready for some iconic shiet to happen in these next 3 issues. The writers better come through with this conclusion.
    Same here. Of course I've been saying the only fight that matters is Apocalypse vs. Genesis - I'm going to guess that will actually take an entire issue, but given how random the lengths of some "fights" were watch it be just one or two pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    While you are trying to throw shade at Kwannon for being a mistake and lesser character. It is Kwannon aka Asian woman, hand ninja, aggressive action character is thing the things you are complaining being missing from Betsy.Betsy still has Purple hair, Combat and ninja skills, all of the her history, using a purple psychic sword and many of you guys aren't happy. And the funny thing if she had the Psylocke name and butterfly she still would be sucking right now. The little tiny thing that is Kwannon contribution to Betsy apparently is the most important or a very important thing to the success of the character.

Nope, Kwannon is fine, Nothing is ruined about her. She is running around being the bad ass ninja Psylocke that fans love in Hellions. The only people upset are Betsy fans who want Betsy to be that . Slowly Kwannon is separating herself from Betsy legacy getting her own unique take and integrating herself into X-men Lore. The character right now in Hellions is proving the decision was the right one.
    I'm a huge Betsy fan and am super happy with her being back to her body and giving Kwannon the opportunity to be her own person. I just think that Tini does not a good job of writing Betsy, and Zeb does an amazing job writing Kwannon as Psylocke.

That being said, comics are a visual, more superficial kind of media, so they should/could have made their "divorce" a little more fair. My main thing is Betsy should always be a skilled telepath. We should see her with her butterfly signature and doing more inventive things with her tp/tk even as Captain Britain. Kwannon can have the costume and psychic knife.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I agree this week was a lot better! Hope the event picks it's pace back with the 3 final issues!
    A picture would last longer darling...

Extraordinary Member

I agree that this week's issues were better overall. I actually chuckled at some of the dumb challenges this time. It also helps a bit that the tonal whiplash has already occurred. At the same time, things were decidedly more serious in Cable.

Definitely better than last week, and Gorgon is the MVP of the whole damn event.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    That being said, comics are a visual, more superficial kind of media, so they should/could have made their "divorce" a little more fair. My main thing is Betsy should always be a skilled telepath. We should see her with her butterfly signature and doing more inventive things with her tp/tk even as Captain Britain. Kwannon can have the costume and psychic knife.
    I won't disagree with this too much Captain Britain hasn't brought any benefits to Betsy in terms of powerset, She is already a good fighter so until they show her using strength at a way higher level, Captain Britain is pointless for her. But as a transitional move, it was the perfect move giving her persona/position to distract from the switch. At some point, She won't have Captian Britain powers at that point what her name and a defined powerset will then be important. Whatever is at the end of this period will probably be more to our liking. Part of the Captain Britain move was to clean separate her from the past think of right now like a cocoon.

Death looked pretty dead but he wasn't marked dead in Cable.