Page 173 of 189 FirstFirst ... 73123163169170171172173174175176177183 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2833
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    On top of forgetting that the Champions had swords the writer also forgot that the champions on both sides were mutants. The only time powers were used were between challenges or when a power can't be turned off (Iss'a inability to lose and Wolverine's healing factor for example). We are 19 issues in and I still don't even know what the Arakko Champion's mutant powers are or what they can do. Would have liked to see each champion unleash their power in attempt to achieve their individual victory at least once.
    Agreed. 100 of 'our strongest mutants' left to fight with White Sword, according to the info-dump, and yet they have crap for visible (or useful) powers, in their fights with Gorgon.

Bei and Bloodroot and White Sword and War might as well not have been mutants at all, for all their powers mattered.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. 100 of 'our strongest mutants' left to fight with White Sword, according to the info-dump, and yet they have crap for visible (or useful) powers, in their fights with Gorgon.

Bei and Bloodroot and White Sword and War might as well not have been mutants at all, for all their powers mattered.
    Tbf, Noto drew Gorgon's fight lol. However, yeah, these artists have done f*** all with these powers. They don't even use the dossier pages to explain how they work precisely.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if Scott and Jean showed up and caused mass destruction just because Cable's a crybaby?
    No, it would be something if what they did actually improved the event lol.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    No ones sword has been “forgotten.” No one’s mutant ability has been “forgotten.” What r u talking about? We already learned what the Arakkos sides’ powers were, it was in Stasis. A reread may help you like this event more.
    Yes they have mutant powers and swords but my point was they don't use them. Did Bei use the the Doom Note in her battle against Cable or vice versa? Can you show me a scene where Redroot used his mutant power of botomancy?

Majority of the challenges were accomplished without the need of either a sword or powers.

My favorite battle was Storm and Death partially because I did get to see Death use his mutant power. Storm sadly had been depowered but it was still more the type of battle i was expecting from this event.
    Last edited by Basilisk; 11-21-2020 at 07:12 PM. Reason: rewording and correcting what I had typed

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

All the serious fights had sword usage.

Isca and Psylocke used their swords.
    Wolverine and Summoner used their swords.
    Wolverine and War used their swords.
    Death and Storm used their swords.
    Cable/Gorgon vs. Bei/White Sword was swords.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    100 near identical looking white guys in cloth and armor that look like it came out of a 1950's hollywood movie version of the Troyan War, certainly doesn't fit what was implied about White Swords' army of loyal powerfull mutant soldiers.

However this somewhat highlights issues that often come up when a writer wants someone to have a "mutant army" from scratch in the X-men comics, lack of uniformity in powers, need for many individual designs and limits on how powerfull each member is allowed to be.

Since mutants in general have very random powers, with the strength, appearance, application and usefullness being potentialy all over the place, reinforced by the various mutant hero and villain teams over the decades, it creates the expectation that a larger force of mutant fighters still need to reflect that too.
    Which is less of a problem for say super powered aliens, demon hordes, robots, humans turned into super soldiers via the same gene modding or cybernetics, where the artist can just produce a bunch of generic soldiers and have elite members be those with individual designs.

Even if such a mutant force becomes split up into various sub-groups based on their types of powers, it still means the writer needs to think up how these groups are coordinated and their powers employed, while the artist needs to think up the various looks that would come with their powers. Which is likely much more logistics than a writer is willing to handle for a whole new group of characters, especialy if many of them might die or never be shown again.

Meanwhile if a writer just creates an army of out the existing stock of mutants like in Age of X or currently in Dawn of X (possible also what we will see in SWORD), they have the luxury of hundreds of individual designs and various overlapping powers to chose from.

Of course White Sword's 100 fighters are not so much an army as a smaller company, but their numbers are still large compared to the members of various mutant organizations over the years. All while the narration tried to present them as Arrako's finest. Which should exclude them just being 100 near identical guys with no visible power.

Maybe it would have worked better if only those Gorgon cuts down are actualy shown, each having matching armors, but individual bits in appearance and attempts at using their powers against him, while the remaining fighters are never directly shown, creating the illusion that they too have different appearances and powers besides their uniformity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Same with me. They have teased Cyclops plan and whatever so much, that it will either backfire or be something stupid, probably both.
    Magik opens a stepping disk and Cyclops fires the Peak's death ray, blasting Arakko to bits, killing all the mutants able to open portals to Earth and probably severely damaging the Amenth demon hordes. Well, I assume the Peak has a death ray. Every self-respecting battle station should have a death ray but I know the Peak isn't fully armed and operational at the moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Going by what Jean says, I'm actually expecting them to do something awesome but...like the rest of this tournament so far, I also expect to be disappointed.
    Scott and Jean show up with a REALLLLY hard Sudoku puzzle for the swordbearers to solve.

They'll use Beasts weapon from Ghost Boxes to kill everyone in Arrakoa

They can always use the Legacy virus.

And thus Stryfe becomes the big hero of X of Swords, as he introduced the Legacy Virus.

Mighty Member

They’ll dump those creatures that are on the peak into Amenth.

Astonishing Member

They'll pretend the Arrako mutants don't exist, like pretending they can't see and hear them, until writers, editors and readers (except for a few with a love for obscure teams and characters) do so too and they fade into X-men history trivia, only comming back to be destroyed to introduce some new "big danger".

Okay that sounds a bit too much like a plan Deadpool would have come up with in his first series i admit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    They’ll dump those creatures that are on the peak into Amenth.
    And then it turns out Amenth is also just a weak little guy riding in an elder god's suit of armor he found after getting kicked out of Orrako for being too weak. With Pogg having simply copied him.
    Last edited by Grunty; 11-22-2020 at 07:19 PM.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

There's still one Wednesday left but I may have to put this in the trash with Inhumans vs. X-Men and Age of X-Man.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

I think this was entertaining but harmless, a lot better than Age of XMen or Inhumans vs XMen, or the last Mojo even which wasnt even entertaining and felt like the boring filler tracks of a cd.

My biggest problem is it continues the Hickman problem of creating a gigantic number of new characters for no reason with little payback, in the end there is no masterplan, they aren't the piece of a puzzle or of a clock, he just creates huge numbers of characters just because and did the same thing with his fantastic 4 and time runs out. You think he is building something and everything will make sense in the end but it won't.
    I remember now that the only reason Terrax was saved from the incursions and destroyed universe so he could be in a one page gag in which pet-Galactus stepped on him like a bug.

So far the only big consequence is what happened to Rockslide, I imagine something similar will happen to at least another character, unless they prefer to keep him or her dead.