Page 123 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133173 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 2833
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    - Is there any chance that the X-men lose? Both outcomes(win or lose) have drama attached to them but this feels like an event that the X-men can lose.
    I would actually be surprised if they did lose, but they've already got narrative back up with Broo and the King Egg storyline, which was set up to put an endless army of faceless Brood mooks at Krakoa's beck and call, to fight off the endless faceless demon armies of Arakko. It would seem almost that they *have* to lose, or the Arakkoans have to dispute their own loss and attack anyway (putting Saturnyne on Krakoa's side?) to bring that Chekov's gun to the table and not have all that set up go to waste.

On the other hand, thanks to COVID, schedules got out of whack, and that endless Brood army has been farting around for six months without being mentioned, so it might be considered to have been left sitting too long to not feel like an asspull at this point.

- This is a whole event with minorities as the bad guys which is kind of cool. And it feels like couple of them are going end up being X-men mainstays as villains or maybe even on the team itself. Genesis could easily become a high profile villain moving forward.
    The X-Men could definitely do with a few more lady protagonists, and Genesis seems like a fun choice. I particularly like that she doesn't have a 'traditionally evil' power like death stare or cause plagues. Plant control/growth is hardly the usual 'omega' powerset (barring DC's Swamp Thing), so that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I would actually be surprised if they did lose, but they've already got narrative back up with Broo and the King Egg storyline, which was set up to put an endless army of faceless Brood mooks at Krakoa's beck and call, to fight off the endless faceless demon armies of Arakko. It would seem almost that they *have* to lose, or the Arakkoans have to dispute their own loss and attack anyway (putting Saturnyne on Krakoa's side?) to bring that Chekov's gun to the table and not have all that set up go to waste.

On the other hand, thanks to COVID, schedules got out of whack, and that endless Brood army has been farting around for six months without being mentioned, so it might be considered to have been left sitting too long to not feel like an asspull at this point.

The X-Men could definitely do with a few more lady protagonists, and Genesis seems like a fun choice. I particularly like that she doesn't have a 'traditionally evil' power like death stare or cause plagues. Plant control/growth is hardly the usual 'omega' powerset (barring DC's Swamp Thing), so that's cool.
    They don't even need the Broo since Magik have her on army of demons from Limbo.

Mighty Member

It's confirmed that Cable is fighting Bei.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who of the Arakko sword bearers and Horsemen do you guys think we will never see again after this event?

I think that Pestilence, Famine, Forest, White Sword and Bei are the ones mostly likely to not return.

Solem is confirmed to stick around and I am pretty sure we will see more of Isca, Summoner War and Death.
    5 years from now, every single one of the Arakko sword bearers will either be dead or in limbo, Krakoa will be no more, and the X-Men will be back at the mansion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    5 years from now, every single one of the Arakko sword bearers will either be dead or in limbo, Krakoa will be no more, and the X-Men will be back at the mansion.
    Yup true. On the specific topic of the event I am curious about two things. One is it DEFINITELY CONFIRMED they are fighting to the death cause we know at least Solem is playing a big role in wolverine later so I doubt he will die. Second if an Arrakoan mutant dies can Xavier and the five bring them back like rockslide? Where they will have new minds and personalities?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    Yup true. On the specific topic of the event I am curious about two things. One is it DEFINITELY CONFIRMED they are fighting to the death cause we know at least Solem is playing a big role in wolverine later so I doubt he will die. Second if an Arrakoan mutant dies can Xavier and the five bring them back like rockslide? Where they will have new minds and personalities?
    Forget "Like Rockslide..."

What version of the math lets Krakoa bring them back?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Forget "Like Rockslide..."

What version of the math lets Krakoa bring them back?
    There mutants so they can be brought back it’s not like they need back ups because backups don’t work in other world they make a body and the universe provides I think. I don’t know it’s magic!

Fantastic Member

I like to hope not.

Though I think most of the characters he created or added to Avengers are already kinda .... shifted aside or done. It doesn't seem likely some of them get used again.

At the same time I think a lot of this X run is more influential so far and has more potential. I think we need more characters that last past their own writer.

Sort of like how a lot of characters Claremont used around X-Treme have been in long limbo. Shame as I liked Lifeguard and some of the others.

Sounds dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
    There mutants so they can be brought back it’s not like they need back ups because backups don’t work in other world they make a body and the universe provides I think. I don’t know it’s magic!
    You might want to take a detailed look at the current resurrection process, and reconsider what you seem to believe can be done.

As it stands tight now, the equation for a successful resurrection is:

- (Genetic Material From The Mutant Being Resurrected)+(The Five's Powers In Concert)+(Xavier/Cerebro Installing Backup) = Successfully Resurrected Mutant.

Since we don't have the first part of the equation for any of the mutants that you listed, it is currently a complete non-starter.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Sounds dreadful.
    And how many will there be? Will all of the resurrections stick?

So what if Solem will be a 10th Karkoa Swordsman? He will fight Gorgon and kick his ass. Then offer a deal. Solem will surrender in this fight if Gorgon give him 1 Sword and so Solem can become a part of Krakoa team. Maybe it was a deal with Wolverine?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Death, White Sword, Isca, Genesis/Annihilation and Summoner are the ones I can see staying. The rest doesn't seem to have much of a chance. Pestilence and Famine aren't among the Ten Swordbearers, so who knows what will happen to them.
    White Sword and his 100 are critical future villains.He's too interesting to drop.I bet he will perhaps be the new leader of Arrako, if the horsemen and Amenth are destroyed.I think WSword is here to stay.Isca may switch sides to serve Saturnyne.To have an alternate earth type Mystique is also cool.So all in all I think White Sword and his 100, Isca and Solem are surviving to fight another day.I don't think Genesis will survive, Amenth may choose to jump bodies and jump to Isca or Storm(the death card could be foreshadowing).I think Genesis will die eventually.As for the horsemen it's hard to tell as out of four characters at least 2 could survive or even one, but I see them joining Whitesword, humbled and humiliated but willing to bide time to avenge their fallen kin.Alternatively they could hide in hothive/Blightspoke and join new threats there to be relevant
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-29-2020 at 02:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    You might want to take a detailed look at the current resurrection process, and reconsider what you seem to believe can be done.

As it stands tight now, the equation for a successful resurrection is:

- (Genetic Material From The Mutant Being Resurrected)+(The Five's Powers In Concert)+(Xavier/Cerebro Installing Backup) = Successfully Resurrected Mutant.

Since we don't have the first part of the equation for any of the mutants that you listed, it is currently a complete non-starter.
    Yeah but rockslide didn’t have a backup his backup broke. That’s the whole point. Other world erases your back up and replaces it with a remix from the omniverse. So they don’t need back ups for the arrokans cause back ups don’t work anyway because of magic

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    So what if Solem will be a 10th Karkoa Swordsman? He will fight Gorgon and kick his ass. Then offer a deal. Solem will surrender in this fight if Gorgon give him 1 Sword and so Solem can become a part of Krakoa team. Maybe it was a deal with Wolverine?
    This seems quite possible, intriguing idea.I can see Solem doing this as he would screw Arrako over just for shits and giggles.Someone else said maybe he asked Logan to spare him in the fight ,but that seems really unlikely.Your idea is more plausible as that would mean Okkara was betrayed by Isca and now Solem is returning the favour to Arrako