Page 35 of 189 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

I’m curious as to who that is supposed to be that the Five resurrected,,,

Spectacular Member

22 chapters, 3 preludes ( including the Free ComicBook Day book) and a handbook. This thing is way bigger than the 15 chapters we kept hearing, but I'm not complaining. I just hope it is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    22 chapters, 3 preludes ( including the Free ComicBook Day book) and a handbook. This thing is way bigger than the 15 chapters we kept hearing, but I'm not complaining. I just hope it is good!
    Can't wait to see the price of the trade/hardcover. :P
    Team Yana Bachalo Fanboy Cyclops Was Right

Quote Originally Posted by pandafarmer View Post
    Can't wait to see the price of the trade/hardcover. :P
    The hardcover has been on Amazon for ages for pre-order with a November release and 400 pages.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The check list doesn't include the Captain Britain issue we saw in the video.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

I am so very excited for this but at the same time....september seems far aways. Hope they tease us well until then.

Quote Originally Posted by finalhavoc53 View Post
    I just noticed these in the Marvel video.
    Attachment 97639
    Whish the handbook cover was bigger though....I guess it still is a misdirect on who the ten swords will be right? Who's in there? I see: Apocalypse, Magik, Betsy, Cyclops, Storm, Nightcrawler, Gorgon, Brian, Wolverine and Cable....

Is that Iceman? Meggan? Moira? Two other I don't even begind to be able to guess....
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    Second Coming was 14 chapters I think but also had tie-ins like the 3 X-Factor issues, Blind Science, Hellbound 1-3. So if you count those figuring in you're at 20+.
    Those were tie-ins. The only essential reading for Second Coming was the 14 chapters which was spread across 4 books and the mini that opened and closed it. There have been plenty of events which have had 20+ issues (Onslaught, Inferno, AvX) if you want to include all tie-ins and side stories but Im talking about the actual main plot which is generally more condensed

I doubt every single one of those issues is gonna be 100% needed and connected with the main story though. A few are probably more akin to tie-ins.

very ambitious. god im so ready for this ! the buildup has been so satisfying in itself

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hope this event knocks it out of the park since it seems like we can't miss any issue and it crosses over into almost every x book.
    I'm with you. It feels like this is gonna be a make or break moment for Hickman's run. With how things've been going I'm optimistic, the Empyre mini I guess is gonna give us a taste of how well the writers room can coordinate a story

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I’m curious as to who that is supposed to be that the Five resurrected,,,
    Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    these are my biggest takeaways aside from the sheer mass ! the Cap Britain is a one-shot I guess ? but strange it isn't on the checklist

Quote Originally Posted by ipanema45 View Post
    The hardcover has been on Amazon for ages for pre-order with a November release and 400 pages.
    The event was lengthened during lockdown as mentioned by Jordan White. It's now longer than originally planned so if Amazon didn't already update the info, it will.

X-Men Monday - May 25, 2020

AIPT: In the past, you’ve talked about how beneficial the lead time on House of X and Powers of X was and how you’ve been trying to achieve something similar with X of Swords. Has this downtime had any positive effects on the stories that have been delayed? Has it allowed for any additions or revisions to improve quality?

Jordan: Yes! Without going too much into it, yes, it certainly has given us more time to make sure X of Swords is the best story possible. But we did also take the opportunity to make it a bigger story. I’m pretty sure when we first announced it, we said how many chapters it will be. It’s going to be more chapters than that now. Originally, every book of X of Swords was going to be out in July. Now it’s going to take more than a month to tell this story, but I think it’s very good and everybody working on it is very excited for it.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I think that's a re-release of the first 2 issues Captain Britain appeared it. Description described his origin story.

These sorts of events can be hit and miss. When done well it can be epic. When done badly it can derail multiple other titles or confuse the hell out of everyone not buying absolutely everything.

(Special thanks to K.)

X-Men's 'X of Swords' event to come with a handbook giving insight into the 24+ part event

https://www.gamesradar.com/x-mens-x-...24-part-event/

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

my post from a couple weeks ago on here i was pretty close
    here's my guess for the crossover book listing for x of swords now..

• X Of Swords: Creation #1 9/30
    • X-Men #13
    • Excalibur #13
    • Marauders #13
    • X-Force #13
    • New Mutants #13
    • Wolverine #6
    • Cable #5
    • Hellions #5
    • X-Factor #4
    • X Of Swords: Stasis #1
    • X-Men #14
    • Excalibur #14
    • Marauders #14
    • X-Force #14
    • New Mutants #14
    • Wolverine #7
    • Cable #6
    • Hellions #6
    • X-Factor #5
    • X Of Swords: Destruction #1

That one betwen Logan and Meggan, is that Moira or Karma?

Quote Originally Posted by RadarBlackout View Post
    That one betwen Logan and Meggan, is that Moira or Karma?
    I was worried it might be some rando like Melita Garner