Page 182 of 189 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2833
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Ending is great. Would have been better if it didn't drag so long to get to it.

I am disappointed that we did not get more from the White Sword. I'm still not sure why he fought Arakko before they joined Amenth.

Mighty Member

So did Bei’s sword seduce Doug and Warlock?

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Saturnyne said spoilers:
    millions of mutant prisoners
    end of spoilers How's THAT going to work?
    My flag is bacon.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Theres already a planned hardcover? *runs to amazon.*
    Well damn I hope thats what I bought lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I really am curious to know which of the writers advocated for the quirky angle. Going by the Empyre mini we know some of these writers will go all in and try to do too much. And Hickman has to come in at the end and make it work.

I think he and TH (not my favorite writer) did a great job with the conclusion. Some of it seemed to easy at points but there were consequences and changes.

I feel like if we had that one week where all the books that came out were critiqued harshly. If those 3 issues had been finessed out. This whole event would have been way better. Especially since the event got delay and they had a lot of time to make some changes.

But the last 3 issues did make me order the hardcover to go along with my HoXpOx.

I know its subjective but to those saying that this event was bad or awful. You are wrong. You just got a story you didn't want because of your own expectations.
    No. what we got was a story where the writing staff, including Hickman, wasn't interested in the central premise of the swords the whole event was marketed around and built on. That became clear to me today when the issue about Apocalypse's fight with his wife, which the whole event had supposedly been building to, was almost all about council politics with maybe 25% of the book devoted to the fight. If even this fight couldn't get a decent focus or length and is overshadowed by Cyclops arguing with the council then there was no interest in the sword-fights to begin with on the part of the writers.

There is good in this event, but the fact that the central premise of a contest of swords was not something anyone seems to have had any interest in writing really hurt it. They could have not had the swords at all and the event would have been much better.

I can totally see the ''prisioners'' not getting used to living on Krakoa and starting an uprising making Krakoa ''look bad/evil'' to humans

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daken455 View Post
    I can totally see the ''prisioners'' not getting used to living on Krakoa and starting an uprising making Krakoa ''look bad/evil'' to humans
    A Krakoa civil war would be infinitely more interesting way to make Krakoas place in the world more precarious without just doing "Krakoa is evil/World War X" type nonsense which I was most worried about.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Theres already a planned hardcover? *runs to amazon.*
    Yep, comes out end of January. I preordered it about 2 months ago

It was the best mutant event since Second Coming.

What a trip. Humor, action, intrigue, epicity, dragons.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It was the best mutant event since Second Coming.

What a trip. Humor, action, intrigue, epicity, dragons.
    It's better than BOTA I'll give it that.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    No. what we got was a story where the writing staff, including Hickman, wasn't interested in the central premise of the swords the whole event was marketed around and built on. That became clear to me today when the issue about Apocalypse's fight with his wife, which the whole event had supposedly been building to, was almost all about council politics with maybe 25% of the book devoted to the fight. If even this fight couldn't get a decent focus or length and is overshadowed by Cyclops arguing with the council then there was no interest in the sword-fights to begin with on the part of the writers.

There is good in this event, but the fact that the central premise of a contest of swords was not something anyone seems to have had any interest in writing really hurt it. They could have not had the swords at all and the event would have been much better.
    It was named 10 of swords because of the Tarot cards, so they put some swords to be misleading.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It's better than BOTA I'll give it that.
    I think BoTA was more straight forward, less issues and more consistent. This event is level of the apocalypse wars

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Saturnyne said spoilers:
    millions of mutant prisoners
    end of spoilers How's THAT going to work?
    Well when two islands love each very much they make more islands

BANNED

These final issues were absolutely epic, what a great ending.

"To me....my X-Men"..........I got chills on that part.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    What exactly happened to Isca? She transformed into a different version of herself?
    I have this same question, didn't quite get this part.