Page 69 of 189 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think the woman in the mask could be an ancestor of Ororo.
    Could she also be The Black Witch that Morgana's army was fighting in Excalibur? Or she was revealed and I missed something?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Could she also be The Black Witch that Morgana's army was fighting in Excalibur? Or she was revealed and I missed something?
    The White Witch seems to be Saturnyne, and her ‘tower’ is the Starlight Citadel.

Question about the Free Comic Book Day issue, and it may not have been stated on this, but does it come before chapter 1? The 2 prelude issues? Just seeing the placement of it to go in order.

the FCBD issue is essentially a teaser so it def takes place before the prelude

BANNED

the other two horsemen could have fallen, hence the reason why they needed help

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Saturnyne turning Black because she’s corrupted doesn’t sound completely off to you???
    As much off as British woman turning Japanese?

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    Otherworld is a dimension that touches all other dimensions, so it makes sense that Arrako would be accessible from there. It’s also a place with mutant connections which Apocalypse is utilising. Since he could place Jamie Braddock on the throne, he essentially got a gateway to Arrako that is defended by an Omega-level mutant.
    Close! Jamie rules Avalon, part of Otherworld, and Saturnyne seems to be the key to reaching Arrako so •-[A]-• has been trying to meet with her but she's been keeping herself hidden to him and Captain Betsy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    As much off as British woman turning Japanese?
    Betsy wasn't turned into a Japanese woman -- Spiral used her magicks, combined with the alien technology of her Body Shoppe to transfer the two women's minds into each other's bodies, also intermingling their DNA. The result of this merge was that they now physically resembled each other and each possessed half of Psylocke's mutant telepathic abilities and both had Kwannon's fighting prowess... I'm just saying

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Betsy wasn't turned into a Japanese woman -- Spiral used her magicks, combined with the alien technology of her Body Shoppe to transfer the two women's minds into each other's bodies, also intermingling their DNA. The result of this merge was that they now physically resembled each other and each possessed half of Psylocke's mutant telepathic abilities and both had Kwannon's fighting prowess... I'm just saying
    Cute but whatever in lore reason it was a white woman being turned into a Japanese woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Close! Jamie rules Avalon, part of Otherworld, and Saturnyne seems to be the key to reaching Arrako so •-[A]-• has been trying to meet with her but she's been keeping herself hidden to him and Captain Betsy.
    I wonder why Saturnyne is keeping the Starlight Citadel hidden. Of course, we still have no clue as to why Morgan Le Fay was ruling Avalon in the first place, other than King Arthur being ‘indisposed’ for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by braddocks View Post
    I wonder why Saturnyne is keeping the Starlight Citadel hidden. Of course, we still have no clue as to why Morgan Le Fay was ruling Avalon in the first place, other than King Arthur being ‘indisposed’ for some reason.
    Very true, and we know Morgan and Saturnyne were at war so maybe we'll get "enemy of my enemy is my friend". But I guess most people would hide if •-[A]-• was looking for them.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Black Order has been in the highest grossing movie ever and has had its own mini (and videogame).

The Beyonders are all dead, all the Black Priests died, just like the Builders. The reason Hickman's villains become irrelevant is because at the end of his stories he kills them all. He even killed the Council of Reeds and Cates has resurrected it ...
    The Black Order may have appeared in Infinity War but most agreed they got effectively zero characterization and were wholly forgettable. Their mini flopped and didn't do well in trades and they haven't been relevant to the wider MU mythos since his run. But I guess they're the closest to any long lasting villains he's created since they did appear in No Surrender and Guardians.

Even if he killed some villains off, you'd think if they were strong enough concepts they'd find more use. But they were only created for his story and became irrelevant afterwards. Writers haven't picked up on them and I don't see many fans begging for their return. They're decent enough in the stories they feature in but they quickly fall off, like many Marvel villains created nowadays. In my opinion of course, I'm sure there are fans of the Black Priests.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Cute but whatever in lore reason it was a white woman being turned into a Japanese woman.
    What about Kwannon?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

So I'm totally getting Hadari Yao vibes from this new boss villain:

life is represented on the left side and death represented on the right. both equal in representation and as we know Ororo is the goddess who preserves the balance of all natural things!!!

Hickman are you making Ms. Ororo an essential player in an x event???? I'm so excited
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The thing with Hickman’s villains is that they were very much created solely for that plot line. The Mapmakers and Black Priests, for example, were inherently linked to incursions, which I doubt will happen again.

The Black Swan was cool, though. I did enjoy her interactions with the Illuminati.