Page 127 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 2833
    BANNED

List of Swordbearers

Swordbearers of Krakoa

Magik wielding the Soulsword
    Wolverine wielding the Muramasa Blade
    Storm wielding the Skybreaker
    Cypher wielding Warlock
    Cable wielding the Light of Galador
    Captain Britain wielding the Starlight Sword
    Captain Avalon wielding the Sword of Might
    Apocalypse wielding the Scarab
    Gorgon wielding both Godkiller and Grasscutter

Swordbearers of Arakko

Solem wielding the Muramasa Blade
    The White Sword wielding Purity
    War wielding Vermilion
    Death wielding the Black Bone of Amduat
    Isca the Unbeaten wielding Mercy
    Pogg Ur-Pogg wielding Pogg Ur-Pogg
    Redroot the Forest wielding Alluvium
    Summoner wielding Colony
    Bei the Blood Moon wielding Seducer
    Annihilation wielding the Twilight Sword

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Death wielding the Black Bone of Amduat
    So doing a quick search on Amduat, it's the name of an ancient egyptan "book" (in the sense of a collection of writing) which translates into "That Which Is In the Afterworld", also translated as "Text of the Hidden Chamber Which is in the Underworld" and "Book of What is in the Underworld", with the name Duat being the underworld specificaly.

Which means the name of the sword is basicly "The Black Bone of the Book/Text about which is in the underworld"?

I wonder if the writers wanted it to translate into "The Black Bone of the underworld" but forgot to notice that the "am" at the beginning implies there being a text/book/story?

Though why the "bone" part in general? To explain a less metalic appearance?

In the end i wonder if there is a "Mace of Medjed" out there too?

Fantastic Member

And when the Hellions turn up, will it save the day or just be comedic relief?

Mighty Member

Reading a lot of opinions and it really highlights how few comic readers have ever read a tournament arc. Half those arcs are set up to establish why the tournament is happening, who's the big no questions asked bad of the arc and preparation for the tournament. You don't need to know the backstory of every opponent, they just need to look cool and do the fight thing good when it's their round.

As long as they all get a dedicated fight, and not the comic book usual 2 page orgy of splash pages as an excuse of a fight. I don't give a damn, look cool, fight cool, that's all that really matters.

Spectacular Member

So Solem is Bisexual/Pansexual and was lovers with War's Husband who he ended up killing....well that's messy

His Bio:
    A seducer of all, Solem was imprisoned by War for over a century. His crime was murdering his former lover, War’s husband. But War remains the only being that Solem has not been able to seduce. Solem’s adamantium skin makes him nearly invulnerable to injury, and he has a Muramasa blade of his own. More importantly, Wolverine owes him a favor. And it may soon be time to collect.

Quote Originally Posted by Npresh24 View Post
    So Solem is Bisexual/Pansexual and was lovers with War's Husband who he ended up killing....well that's messy

His Bio:
    A seducer of all, Solem was imprisoned by War for over a century. His crime was murdering his former lover, War’s husband. But War remains the only being that Solem has not been able to seduce. Solem’s adamantium skin makes him nearly invulnerable to injury, and he has a Muramasa blade of his own. More importantly, Wolverine owes him a favor. And it may soon be time to collect.
    Should I ship Solem with Daken!? Soken!? Dalem!?

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

His Bio:
    A seducer of all, Solem was imprisoned by War for over a century. His crime was murdering his former lover, War’s husband. But War remains the only being that Solem has not been able to seduce. .
    Actually, the article is treating as fact what the book has only stated was a rumor.

Ultimate Member

More importantly, Wolverine owes him a favor. And it may soon be time to collect.
    Or Solem already got his favor. Bow chicka wow wow. But nobody's talking about it. What happens in hell stays in hell.

The favor will probably be "Logan gives Solem a way to travel to Earth", since he is supposed to be his arch enemy and such, he cannot be trapped in Amenth.

Yeah it kinda feels like Solem is supposed to be Daken 2.0 now that Daken isn't being evil anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Should I ship Solem with Daken!? Soken!? Dalem!?
    Right? They so similar I wonder if it would work.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I think someone else mentioned this but what is up with Holocaust? Is he crying atomic tears while Apocalypse pines for his first born?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    More info on the sword bears here
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=103268400

Yes their will be a 10th for Krakoa
    I don't see any 10th for Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I don't see any 10th for Krakoa.
    Right after gorgon
    This leaves Krakoa with only nine swordbearers. But there were ten spaces on Polaris’ casting circle, which implies at least one more swordbearer to come.
    Vague lines like this always imply their is another. Also giving gorgon cards were blank what if he's just holding his swords for 2 other ?

I dunno if it was mention yet or anything, but are the upcoming fights in this story strictly hand-to-hand swordplay? If not, what's preventing let's say somebody like Storm to just go completely nuts with her power or preventing Apocalypse from growing like 50 feet tall and be done with it?