Page 128 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Should I ship Solem with Daken!? Soken!? Dalem!?
    Idk if I want this power couple or if I want to SPREAD THE CHAOS.

Solem x Ruckus (this is admittedly kind of a bad ship but I like the idea of Ruckus playing second-fiddle to a far more sinister dom vers).
    Daken x Christian Frost

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I dunno if it was mention yet or anything, but are the upcoming fights in this story strictly hand-to-hand swordplay? If not, what's preventing let's say somebody like Storm to just go completely nuts with her power or preventing Apocalypse from growing like 50 feet tall and be done with it?
    We still don't know how Saturnyne is planning the tournament to go. She might as well negate their powers for the duration, since they're at the Citadel and she's pretty much omnipotent there.

So far, what are the confirmed matches?, besides Magik and Pug the Croc
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    If I remember correctly from the ads, Cable vs. Bei, Betsy vs. Isca, Wolverine vs. Solem it seems from their little adventure, and it seems Storm vs. Death. And I have to assume •-[A]-• vs. Annihilation/Genesis.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Captain Britain v Isica the Unbeaten

Cable v Bei

I don’t think it’s official but assuming Wolverine v Solem
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Rooting for Bei all the way.

We're about half way though and I'm pretty comfortable already calling this the best X-Men event of my life time and potentially my full on favorite Marvel crossover if they manage to stick the landing.

If you had told me two years ago that the next big X-Men story was about reconciling the various kingdoms of Otherworld, the ancient history of Krakoa, the original Four Horseman and told in the same structure as an anime-style tournament arc my first thought would be that it would be too much going on and wouldn't make any sense. Big testament to all the writers, editors and artists involved for nailing it thus far!

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    We're about half way though and I'm pretty comfortable already calling this the best X-Men event of my life time and potentially my full on favorite Marvel crossover if they manage to stick the landing.

If you had told me two years ago that the next big X-Men story was about reconciling the various kingdoms of Otherworld, the ancient history of Krakoa, the original Four Horseman and told in the same structure as an anime-style tournament arc my first thought would be that it would be too much going on and wouldn't make any sense. Big testament to all the writers, editors and artists involved for nailing it thus far!
    I could not possibly agree more. The foreplay is appreciated and I'm looking forward to the landing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Only two are confirmed, the rest are guesses.

X-Men 14
    Marauders 14 Storm versus (Death?)
    Marauders 15
    Excalibur 14 - Cypher versus ?
    Wolverine 7 - Wolverine versus (Solem?)
    X-Force 14 - Magik versus Pogg
    Cable 6 - Cable versus Bei
    X-Men 15 -
    Excalibur 15 - Betsy versus (Isca?)
    Last edited by ericng; 11-02-2020 at 04:59 AM.

I'm also happy with the build up of this event. If we were just quickly thrown into a series of battles there'd be little idea of the stakes or personal drama of the combatants. Also, it's only actually been going a month now - in the 80s, we'd only be getting onto the second or third issue of the event by now, so the story obviously had to be way more dense back then to keep interest going. Lord Claremont was the king of long range set up and we'd have had elements of the story set up months in advance, which with this event we have actually had too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    I'm also happy with the build up of this event. If we were just quickly thrown into a series of battles there'd be little idea of the stakes or personal drama of the combatants. Also, it's only actually been going a month now - in the 80s, we'd only be getting onto the second or third issue of the event by now, so the story obviously had to be way more dense back then to keep interest going. Lord Claremont was the king of long range set up and we'd have had elements of the story set up months in advance, which with this event we have actually had too.
    Is simply astonishing that in so little time hickman and his team have created a new x universe that feels more expansive than the entire marvel universe and we haven't even been to a lot of these places her. I mean there is enough story every mutant can have a mini or series exploring something new. It's simply fascinating. Marvel has a treasure trove to dive in for any number of movies.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Only two are confirmed, the rest are guesses.

X-Men 14
    Marauders 14 Storm versus (Death?)
    Marauders 15
    Excalibur 14 - Cypher versus ?
    Wolverine 7 - Wolverine versus (Solem?)
    X-Force 14 - Magik versus Pogg
    Cable 6 - Cable versus Bei
    X-Men 15 -
    Excalibur 15 - Betsy versus (Isca?)
    Betsy will fight Isca in Excalibur 14.

Yeah I think a lot of ppl look at "22 parts!" and think the event a lot longer than actually is but 2 months is actually a pretty short for an event time-wise
    Last edited by nandes; 11-02-2020 at 06:35 AM.

Astonishing Member

Pogg ur-pogg should live and become magik's friend. Having her teleport riding a 4 armed crocodile fits her

I want to like "X of Swords" more than I do. I feel like so many issues are a waste of time and do not really moving the story forward. Quite disappointing. I expected something great like House of X/Powers of X but so far I'm not particularly impressed. The art is gorgeous though!!