Page 174 of 189 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184 ... LastLast
Results 2,596 to 2,610 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    There's still one Wednesday left but I may have to put this in the trash with Inhumans vs. X-Men and Age of X-Man.
    I'll say it again... I feel like only reading Creation, Stasis, and Destruction would make this a great event. Of course, we'll have to see if Destruction sticks the landing in writing as well as the obviously awesome art.

In terms of the entire crossover... No. There was too much BS 'humour'. There's a place for the funny stuff in even the most serious situation but that place in XoS was strictly in Hellions where it was done well and was consistent with the book's established tone. Playing it straight with mutants fighting to the death with swords and powers is a great concept, one which didn't need to be subverted or, at least, not as badly subverted as it was here. Having two or three of the ten fights end in ridiculous ways might have worked, too, depending on exactly how those conflicts were resolved. Definitely no marriages, though. I hope the inevitable cosmic crossover is handled far better.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-23-2020 at 05:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Mighty Member

This has been very uneven but definitely not Age of X-men bad or Rosencanny bad. Definitely is better than IvX and that stupid mist.

Some things are definitely huge misses here. The stupid zany contests are dumb and I don’t find them particularly funny. The marriage was dumb (IMO). Maybe if Arcade was in charge, but not Saturnyne. There was such a great opportunity to create this event as both a background history for Krakoa and Apocalypse (which it did provide info on his life) and world build Otherworld and its new status after being recreated after the incursions. Instead of a diagram, give me a good old fashion map of what Otherworld looks like now instead of it was kind of a magical copy of the UK. Excalibur could have done such amazing things with the proper world building of Otherworld.

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'll say it again... I feel like only reading Creation, Stasis, and Destruction would make this a great event. Of course, we'll have to see if Destruction sticks the landing in writing as well as the obviously awesome art..
    I will go a step further I know everything reads better in trades but X-swords will read a lot better than other bad things people comparing it too when people can read as one completed version. Waiting week to week isn't do this book any favors especially on the X-men forums were a bunch of people want to see different things from the franchise and X-of Swords isn't it. The expectations of people expecting of X of swords to be one thing and showing up next week and it isn't that is probably the most harmful thing to book. People where expecting this hyper aggressive consequence filled death match and X of swords turn out to be funky magic tournament with occasional death matches. Reading it all in one go through and reading week to week expecting every week for this to be week where the it turns into aggressive death matches will be completely different experiences. I expect in the future when interacting with newer fans people who read event will wonder what people are complaining about to be honest.

I think it is fair to say it isn't a great event, but this event big flaws is matching the expectations, I think that is more flaw how the event was advertised to fans , I think X of Swords "A grand magic tournament for the fate of Krakoa" and X of Swords" deathmatch for the fate of Krakoa" are two clearly different things and would have evoked two different feelings.

-This event would absolutely kill in animated format, Actually come to think of the House of X and Dawn of X era would make for a great animated series, Every single X-man and enemy probably in history is available for use.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-23-2020 at 04:51 AM.

I disagree that it is about expectations. it is mainly about tone and execution. Some of the books are horribly written. It is not even a surprise because the same writers have written bad X-Men series for quite some time now (and they do so in X of Swords). The problem is not failed expectations but a problematic shift in tone and pointless bad written issues in between fantastic ones. for me it really kills how I can enjoy this event because I feel cheated by Marvel forcing me to spend money on dull issues by author I do not care for (I guess that's the magic of crossovers...).

I think Hickman has to rethink his team.....
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-23-2020 at 07:38 AM.

I’m a little underwhelmed by it, but have enjoyed it for the most part. Some of the silliness I could do without honestly. But the serious moments have been solid. And some of the silly parts were at least amusing.

Wolverine #7 is my single favorite comic from any event in recent memory. Probably since Second Coming at least, which had some badass moments.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I think Hickman has to rethink his team.....
    Hickman, Ewing and Gage. Let's roll.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m a little underwhelmed by it, but have enjoyed it for the most part. Some of the silliness I could do without honestly. But the serious moments have been solid. And some of the silly parts were at least amusing.

Wolverine #7 is my single favorite comic from any event in recent memory. Probably since Second Coming at least, which had some badass moments.
    For me personally, all of the Wolverine stuff(and Storm) has been the best part of this crossover so far.

Hickman, Ewing and Gage. Let's roll.
    I'd add Jim Zub and Mark Waid. Plus we need to keep Zeb Wells.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-23-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    For me personally, all of the Wolverine stuff(and Storm) has been the best part of this crossover so far.
    No doubt. I understand why folks who aren’t fans of those two might not like it, but personally I’m entertained and finding it worth the price of admission as I love both Storm and Wolverine. They haven’t been written this well since the 80s IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    No doubt. I understand why folks who aren’t fans of those two might not like it, but personally I’m entertained and finding it worth the price of admission as I love both Storm and Wolverine. They haven’t been written this well since the 80s IMO.
    Not all fans of Wolverine have liked how things are going so far with Logan during DoX either. Duggan reprised Claremont version of Wolverine and ignored character development throughout this event. I hate it when writers do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Not all fans of Wolverine have liked how things are going so far with Logan during DoX either. Duggan reprised Claremont version of Wolverine and ignored character development throughout this event. I hate it when writers do that.
    I just saw it as Logan getting completely irritated(not that it takes much lol) at how silly this whole tournament business is and how it doesn't have to be.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pretty sure Duggan tapped into the Schism Force for that one.

*stab stab*
    "I did it for the kids"
    *stab*
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I just saw it as Logan getting completely irritated(not that it takes much lol) at how silly this whole tournament business is and how it doesn't have to be.
    The tournament didn't started. At least the reader thought that it will be somewhat actual swordfight.

Pretty sure Duggan tapped into the Schism Force for that one.

*stab stab*
    "I did it for the kids"
    *stab*
    Wolvie was moaning about Wee Dougie possibly dying without having never been married, and then five minutes later he suddenly was. Talk about jinxing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    The tournament didn't started. At least the reader thought that it will be somewhat actual swordfight.
    In my head, I'm thinking Logan suspected something was up when Doug was chosen as one of the warriors to "fight" for Krakoa.