Page 149 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2833
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    How was she "behaving like an emotional wreck"? She was mad that her son died, said she would take Logan's head, and would have been successful if it weren't for his adamantium skeleton, which contrary to what some believe, she was unaware of.
    Why would she be unaware of it? Summoner should've easily found out about that and told everyone.

I expected her to be a much better fighter, take advantage of Logan's sluggishness, and use his strength against him. Seeing as he was drunk.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

She was surprised about it in the issue, therefore she did not know about it. That's literally in the text.

She did, she had him on his back and would have taken his head off if it weren't for the adamantium.

She was surprised about it in the issue, therefore she did not know about it. That's literally in the text.

She did, she had him on his back and would have taken his head off if it weren't for the adamantium.
    Okay, so like I said earlier, Plot Induced Stupidity. Aka, poor writing. Summoner should've easily found that out, and told people.

Mighty Member

X-Men 14 - no fight
    Marauders 14 - no fight
    Marauders 15 - no fight
    Excalibur 14 - Betsy versus Isca, Doug versus Bei
    Wolverine 7 - Magik versus Pogg, Wolverine versus Summoner ,Wolverine versus War

These are my latest predictions...

X-Force 14 - Storm versus Death?
    Hellions 6 -
    Cable 6 - Cable versus Bei
    X-Men 15 - Apocalypse versus Annihilation, Gorgon versus ?
    Excalibur 15 - Captain Britain versus ?

Saturnyne has rigged the tournament in favour of Arrakoa. Or given how they're are no rules the X-Men will continue to lose bar Captain Avalon who might beat everyone

The tournament can range from best smile to a pokemon card match to a fight to the death. The only question is why are Roma and Merlin entertaining this sham of a tournament. Melt her with dragon fire
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-11-2020 at 08:07 PM.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm starting to think that the "other event" that people have been talking about is just a rumor created on threads for people to explain their displeasure with XoS. Yes, there's the possibility that the Arakko stuff was going to take place separately from the Otherworld stuff, but there's no real proof and Jonathan has been talking about working with Tini for a while now.
    I honestly don't know, but then again I am not clued into the social media stuff that some on these boards follow.

But to me it is kinda weird to cram the Otherworld stuff with Arakko I was not expecting this kind of story at all, but that may be by design

Maybe it was planned. Maybe it wasn't. Either way it feels completely unnecessary.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

There has to be another twist coming, but it is really frustrating storytelling. And something has to be made of all the swords. There was too much build up... plus the title is X of Swords. Remember when Storm betrayed Wakanda to get the Skybreaker sword? Are things like that even going to be addressed?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    There has to be another twist coming, but it is really frustrating storytelling. And something has to be made of all the swords. There was too much build up... plus the title is X of Swords. Remember when Storm betrayed Wakanda to get the Skybreaker sword? Are things like that even going to be addressed?
    I’m sure there’s a twist but these issues this week were no coherent or cohesive with the rest of the story. Tini is a major driving force of this and so this crazy shift without much sense definitely feels like her. Good ideas, but always poor execution. I’m ready for this to end. I was super excited about this. All the stand-alone X of Sword books were great. These issues just don’t seem to even be the tonally the same

War was wild and emotional in the issue in which she finds out her child is dead, that's weird.
    She's always pretty wild and emotional. It seems to be her personality

Mighty Member

People wishing for Hickman to have written this event, and I'm just like "The best issue of this whole event was written by Brisson..."

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Tbf, X of Swords is technically a tarot card:

"Ten of Swords Tarot card. The X of Swords is a cause for fear in any who believe in the power of the cards, and you should prepare yourself for whatever it portends. It is one of many cards which can represent disaster, but, alone among them, it is a disaster which cannot be avoided."

So the swords were never going to be that important, however....the fights and character work have been pretty bad.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Tbf, X of Swords is technically a tarot card:

"Ten of Swords Tarot card. The X of Swords is a cause for fear in any who believe in the power of the cards, and you should prepare yourself for whatever it portends. It is one of many cards which can represent disaster, but, alone among them, it is a disaster which cannot be avoided."

So the swords were never going to be that important, however....the fights and character work have been pretty bad.
    Fights and character arcs have been weak. Structure is now super wonky as of this week. However these swords better count for something. I mean Storm stole from Wakanda and Wolverine went to hell to get his sword (Solem’s too).

At this point, I feel even this event is just set up for S.W.O.R.D. At the end of the day, Cable is going to power up the peak and let it rain.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    People wishing for Hickman to have written this event, and I'm just like "The best issue of this whole event was written by Brisson..."
    Yeah, the Cypher issue was really good. Still, I'd rather Hickman write the whole event. If he needs a second and/or third writer, then yeah add Brisson and Percy to the event as well.

I just want the tone to stay consistent. I also just want him or Ewing (or even Ellis, if possible) to replace Tini on Excalibur.

Fantastic Member

I kind of feel that the Swords will be used to fight against the forces of Amenth or something and that Saturnyne is using this tournament as a ruse to buy time to find a way to unite Arrako and Krakoa together to be able to do just that.