Page 153 of 189 FirstFirst ... 53103143149150151152153154155156157163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2833
    Spectacular Member

I'm sure it's because I'm a collector at heart and a fan of Marvel lore...but I really LOVE the swords themselves.

I enjoy the sword data pages and hope to see more information on them in the main story.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jtd View Post
    I'm sure it's because I'm a collector at heart and a fan of Marvel lore...but I really LOVE the swords themselves.

I enjoy the sword data pages and hope to see more information on them in the main story.
    I do like that there's some cultural diversity, and not just the usual broadswords and katana. It's cool too see some khopeshes, for instance, and Skybreaker. And since it's a fantastic world with fantasy cultures and aliens and whatnot, I'm fine with one or two being ridonkulous anime swords like White Swords.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    I wonder what Deaths' connection to the scarab beetle is? He was offended when it was served as a dish, and the waiter paid the ultimate price with the death stare. You even saw the beetle imprinted on the back of Deaths' head. It threw me off because I thought that was a DC thing w/blue beetle.
    I assume it's related to actual ancient Kemetic religion. Anubis, scarab beetles, Khepri the young sun, resurrection, all that.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    They are boring and written very inconsistent
    How are they any different from the other familiar mutant faces who are written like crap in this event?
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Fantastic Member

We'll probably get an explanation for what Saturnyne's real agenda is, but I'm starting to feel like I should stop asking Jordan White why/how Saturnyne is fighting a slow war with Morgan le Fey at the beginning of Tini Howard's run when it appears Sat can wrinkle her nose and make make anything happen.
    (I should also stop asking where did King Arthur go..)

I was done when Isca was reduced to playing pin the tail on the donkey. That was some bullshit!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    How are they any different from the other familiar mutant faces who are written like crap in this event?
    They are Hickman OCs, there are ore interesting mutants already created

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Other writers introducing events in the middle of the supposed flagship writer's run seems to be a recurring problem. Bendis' run was going pretty well until Battle of the Atom, which was not his idea, and his work took a nosedive in quality afterwards.
    Not to distract, but whose idea was Battle of the Atom? I've been unjustly blaming Bendis for all these years

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Just throwing it out there, but the Non-Krakoan faction not calling out (read: putting down) Saturnyne over that "You're losing more star players, but the scoreboard says you're winning! Everything's fine!" nonsense would be Plot Induced Stupidity of an otherworldly level.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 11-12-2020 at 09:42 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Not to distract, but whose idea was Battle of the Atom? I've been unjustly blaming Bendis for all these years
    Well the teen O5 wasn't his idea, so who knows if BOtA are his idea

I have a feeling its a good possibility where Apocalypse takes the Annihilation helm. It would fit his redemption arc where Geneisis originally said he was not strong enough to originally fight against Amenth. How ironic would it be for him to prove his strength by taking the helm from his very own wife to control Amenth? I've thought the other day that Genesis probably will not survive this event. I hope she does as I've gotten quite attached to the character. If this happens, damn you Hickman!

I wouldn't put it past him as he's done something similar with Molecule Man and Dr.Doom/Reed Richards in Secret Wars. Molecule man eventually got fed up with Doom's antics and funneled the Beyonders' power into Reed to defeat Doom.
    Last edited by Chessboxer; 11-12-2020 at 09:15 PM.

They already recruited one army (the Brood, through Broo eating that special egg) why do they need a second one of the Arraki mutants? This event has introduced a dozen fantasy concepts and figures who probably won't matter when its over and we get back to Orchis, the Russians, and the Phalanx. They haven't really done anything but stand around a look cool, so they're basically a slightly better version of Aaron's Final Host.

Having Bei's entire backstory and powers explained on a data page was pathetic.

How long can the get away with 'they're setting things up for later?' I've been hearing that for months, even before COVID. Well, OK, but the stories are bad now. X of Swords was supposed to be the first big payoff for all the buildup. And we're about to get a footrace against a guy who we barely know his name instead.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    They should make fight-only comics. No plot, not characterization, no nothing, just action.

Rob Liefeld must be available for that.
    Don't be purposefully ignorant. Manga, for decades, have managed to balance great fights and character work.

Don't bring up crap like DBZ either. I'm talking stuff like Berserk and Vagabond.

Thus far, there's been poor fights and poor character work. At least with your jest we'd get a decent fight, potentially.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You can still blame him for doing nothing with the characters before and after that event.

Quote Originally Posted by Chessboxer View Post
    I have a feeling its a good possibility where Apocalypse takes the Annihilation helm. It would fit his redemption arc where Geneisis originally said he was not strong enough to originally fight against Amenth. How ironic would it be for him to prove his strength by taking the helm from his very own wife to control Amenth? I've thought the other day that Genesis probably will not survive this event. I hope she does as I've gotten quite attached to the character. If this happens, damn you Hickman!

I wouldn't put it past him as he's done something similar with Molecule Man and Dr.Doom/Reed Richards in Secret Wars. Molecule man eventually got fed up with Doom's antics and funneled the Beyonders' power into Reed to defeat Doom.
    See...you still have hope. I used to be like this. I thought this was supposed to be all/mostly about Apocalypse, Arakko and Amenth, and that we'd get character development for them.

But I've been told that this is really Tini and Saturnyne's story. All these twists are good, because it's unpredictable. Chapters focused on substantive character writing or good, detailed fights where we see the struggles between two wills of suffered people....that would be boring.

So yeah, expect this to have just been the result of Saturnyne, Jaspers and Jaime being bored one day.