Page 108 of 189 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 2833
    Fantastic Member

I don't mind the sword quests as part of the story, but I wish the books also contained a few pages of krakoa preparing or perhaps the Arraki champions claiming their Swords.

Based on the descriptions of the kingdoms of Otherworld, I'm guessing the fights will be one in each kingdom, or with the local rulers deciding the winner.

Without spoiling too much, the "Info Dump" pages on the kingdoms of Otherworld are better than entire issues of most comics.

This crossover is really doing right be nerds.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    That part was stupid how the hell did Krakoa "want a war" it had no idea the denizens of Arrako went insane.
    It knows a problem and wants that portal to be open. It is more then enough not to trust it.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I was thinking if Magneto is going to be part of the swordbearers of krakoa this key he found on Atlantis may have some relation to it.

"To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

I can understand the position of both Krakoa and the mutants here.

Krakoa is half of a single being, it has been separated from its other half for thousands of years. Krakoa would give it EVERYTHING to reunite with Arakko and become Okkara again.

It knows it is risky but from its point of view, Krakoa thinks that it is being extremely generous to the mutants and that they owe it this.

From the point of view of the mutants, they never signed anything for this and are going to put their lives in danger for the island. Yes, the vote resulted in the closing of the portal, but is it really legitimate to vote on Krakoa's own body?

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I can understand the position of both Krakoa and the mutants here.

Krakoa is half of a single being, it has been separated from its other half for thousands of years. Krakoa would give it EVERYTHING to reunite with Arakko and become Okkara again.

It knows it is risky but from its point of view, Krakoa thinks that it is being extremely generous to the mutants and that they owe it this.

From the point of view of the mutants, they never signed anything for this and are going to put their lives in danger for the island. Yes, the vote resulted in the closing of the portal, but is it really legitimate to vote on Krakoa's own body?
    When you put it like that, ultimately Krakoa has the most say as he can just reject them all. If they refuse, then essentially they'd be enslaving him and that would be call kinds of wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When you put it like that, ultimately Krakoa has the most say as he can just reject them all. If they refuse, then essentially they'd be enslaving him and that would be call kinds of wrong
    And Cypher and Krakoa were frank on this issue at the Council's first meeting: Krakoa has the last word on everything that affects Krakoa's body. In fact it is the second law that mutants have.

But the Council never thought that Krakoa was going to drag them into this position.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiK View Post

But next week looks more interesting. Hellions doesnt have any champion on its roster so is a big question mark what it will be about. In new Mutants both Doug and Illyana already have their swords so there will be no quest, looks more like intense training for fragile Doug. And in Cable, we also have the sword at home. It will likely be more exploration of what role SWORD is playing in all of this.
    I'm also willing to bet the Hellions issue will be where Gorgon gets spotlighted. I was thinking...maybe, since we need 10 swordbearers, something in the issue will call upon Kwannon to yield one of his blades for him? I know this maybe a far stretch but it would be cool to have her in the contest with Betsy.

I also agree Excalibur will see both twins get their swords and X-Men will be the Apocalypse issue.
    A picture would last longer darling...

https://youtu.be/gW6pHwHefnI

NYCC Swords panel in an hour.

Mighty Member

And Cypher and Krakoa were frank on this issue at the Council's first meeting: Krakoa has the last word on everything that affects Krakoa's body. In fact it is the second law that mutants have.

But the Council never thought that Krakoa was going to drag them into this position.
    Apocalypse is the one who dragged them into this position not Krakoa. He/it just wants to be reunited with its other half. And Krakoa's veto just serves as a reminder that he/it is not their slave or servant. That he has a voice in decisions being made, and they need to take that into account going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Apocalypse is the one who dragged them into this position not Krakoa. He/it just wants to be reunited with its other half. And Krakoa's veto just serves as a reminder that he/it is not their slave or servant. That he has a voice in decisions being made, and they need to take that into account going forward.
    You're right, technically it was Apocalypse who organized all of this, but he did it with Krakoa's approval. Their interests are the same.

And you are also right with the other thing. Some members of the Council like Xavier, Magneto or Shaw seem to treat Krakoa more as a medium than as an individual. And 99% of the time, Krakoa sure doesn't care about the things mutants discuss. What does it matter to Krakoa whether or not Sabretooth is locked up?

But the Council forgot about this 1%.

I understand that Logan is mad at Krakoa but I think Krakoa is the one right here. Krakoa only needs two mutants a year to survive, everyone else is on loan.

Cool to see a little diversity in the creators. (Even though most are white men) -NYCC Swords panel

Astonishing Member

You're right, technically it was Apocalypse who organized all of this, but he did it with Krakoa's approval. Their interests are the same.

And you are also right with the other thing. Some members of the Council like Xavier, Magneto or Shaw seem to treat Krakoa more as a medium than as an individual. And 99% of the time, Krakoa sure doesn't care about the things mutants discuss. What does it matter to Krakoa whether or not Sabretooth is locked up?

But the Council forgot about this 1%.
    I have "Krakoa has enough of humanities* internal bickering and leaves into space" on my what will end Dawn of X Bingo card for a reason.

They often seem to treat it as just a passive tool, a pet that will do what they want as long as it's fed, but obviously Krakoa has it's own plans and desires. Which are also not really revealed to the reader yet.

If i didn't miss anything, not even Powers of Ten and House of X really went into detail on what Krakoa wants and what it's plans are for the future with mutantkind living on it are. So who knows how long it's willing to play along before all the damage humanities conflicts brings to it (starting with being cut in half by Apocalypse) is enough?

* Many alien, otherworldly and non-human beings have in the past displayed ignorance or a lack of care about the human vs. mutant distinction. To them it seems a purely internal distiction of humanity based on super powers. The same way a human would treat the distinction between two breeds of cats. For Krakoa the difference might simply be "tasty" and "tasteless".

Where's the Hellions preview? :-(
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I always thought the relationship was more symbiotic, in that Krakoa needed Mutant energy and Mutants needed a home. I don't know if I made that up or not, but it felt like he(?) got some benefit from Mutants being there, too.