Page 142 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 2833

While I'm fine with the tournament being more than straight up duels, I think it's weird that they still chose to show the Krakoans losing so badly. This would have been a great chance to show that even though our heroes aren't as battle hardened as the Arraki's that their heart and wits still give them an upper hand. Maybe that's where we're going for the conclusion, but this seems like a missed opportunity for some character development on the heroes side of things.

WTF just happened?

Mighty Member

I feel like this whole set up was very serious (like others have pointed out) and now it’s dissolved into this Saturnyne is going to do whatever she wants. Which is fine. I’m ok with her toying with them, but why go through all this with the special tarot cards, collecting the swords, the formality of each kingdom having tournaments in their region and then kind of dissolve into this? I would be more than ok if this was a different challenges type of contest. Different quests. Fights. Mazes. Puzzles. Different types of challenges like that, but it was so much set up for this and seems wasted. I know there will be a twist and turn, but I feel cheated. The whole marriage thing is like really?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    WTF just happened?
    Jumped the shark is what happened

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    WTF just happened?
    Basically Saturnyne did this:

"Cable was right!"

They have a guy named Mad Jim Jaspers who has a huge gap between his teeth and he dresses like an English man from 70 years ago. And Jaime Braddock usually wears only underpants.

I knew that everything was going to get crazy once the matches started.

While I was expecting some kind of fake out for the sword tournaments I really was surprised how many twists and turns happened this week. Some comic critics have said that the whole wedding thing was in line with the sometimes irreverent and whimsical tone of the OG Excalibur series, which I've never actually read. People who've read through that book, is this in line with the same spirit?

Its definitely not in the spirit of the current Excalibur, and if its meant to be a reference to old Excalibur its wildly out of place and feels nonsensical.

So all that time and effort and buildup, and we get a bunch of random bullshit?! Did the writers just binge Xaolin Showdown halfway through and decide 'let's do that instead!'. Except in that show, there are clear rules and stakes. I still don't know what exactly they are fighting for, what happens if they win/lose, and even HOW they win/lose. Just they just keep doing this nonsense until one whole team is gone?

Is Saturnyne just fucking with them because Apocalypse tried to conquer the Citadel? And then they all doubled down on pissing her off again and again? Does the Arrako stuff even matter at this point. Its just so bad I don't even know where to begin.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Its definitely not in the spirit of the current Excalibur, and if its meant to be a reference to old Excalibur its wildly out of place and feels nonsensical.

So all that time and effort and buildup, and we get a bunch of random bullshit?! Did the writers just binge Xaolin Showdown halfway through and decide 'let's do that instead!'. Except in that show, there are clear rules and stakes. I still don't know what exactly they are fighting for, what happens if they win/lose, and even HOW they win/lose. Just they just keep doing this nonsense until one whole team is gone?

Is Saturnyne just fucking with them because Apocalypse tried to conquer the Citadel? And then they all doubled down on pissing her off again and again? Does the Arrako stuff even matter at this point. Its just so bad I don't even know where to begin.
    Yeah I’m confused because I’m assuming that if Arrakko wins they’ll have no problem conquering the Citadel... also love the Xaolin Showdown reference.

While i did enjoy each book this week and was glad we (finally) got to some tournaments or duels, it's a bit crazy how much build up there has been for some of the oddness that came this week. I feel like like the writers are subverting our expectations. I was thinking the crossover would be introduction, how the Krakoans get their swords and then the second half would be the fights 1-2 an issue. I didn't expect all fights to be given equal showing, I expected the Magik/PU-P fight to be short and funny, but arm wrestling? The Wolverine vs. Summoner fight was fairly straight forward in its own wacky way. The wedding, while it had funny moments, made no sense at all. The Isca and Captain Britain fight was fairly on track, for the first round - and I don't believe for a minute that Betsy is well and truly dead, but any other Krakoans that die may well be. Not at all sure what to make of The Wolverine/Storm moment. It's kind of all over the place. Ultimately I suspect there's only one fight that will acutally "matter"" and be the deciding factor for the outcome - Apocalypse vs. Genesis (I know that's not her new name but I can't spell that word for the life of me.) Everything else is just window dressing and set pieces. Still, I do look forward to it, but I no longer have expectations of what the remaining 6 books will consist of.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

What a strange event. Hype for all these fights to turn a comedic route when you get there?

Extraordinary Member

Like I said, it's the way the fights are being subverted that's off. Pogg's schtick is that he's a giant monster with 6 arms and an impenetrable hide. And they put him in a match where he can only use 1 of those 6 arms and his armor doesn't matter. That's deliberate, but it then raises the question of why he should have 6 arms if he's only going to use 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Yeah I’m confused because I’m assuming that if Arrakko wins they’ll have no problem conquering the Citadel... also love the Xaolin Showdown reference.
    If Arakko win they can use the Citadel to get to Avalon, from there to Krakoa and destroy Earth. If Krakoa wins, Arakko cannot pass through the Citadel. And if they try, Saturnyne can destroy them by snapping her fingers.

It is just that simple.

PS: And why isn't Saturnyne already destroying Arakko? Because they earned a legitimate position in the Starlight Citadel by occupying the position of Dryador by right of conquest.
    Last edited by Glio; 11-11-2020 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    If Arakko win they can use the Citadel to get to Avalon, from there to Krakoa and destroy Earth. If Krakoa wins, Arakko cannot pass through the Citadel. And if they try, Saturnyne can destroy them by snapping her fingers.

It is just that simple.

PS: And why isn't Saturnyne already destroying Arakko? Because they earned a legitimate position in the Starlight Citadel by occupying the position of Dryador by right of conquest.
    Right... so Saturnyne screwing over the Krakoans makes even less sense. Gotcha.

Marauders was good.
    Only bad thing was Wolverine being annoying.

Excalibur was surprisingly decent .
    Have to take away points for jubilee and her dragon wasting panel time.

Wolverine was trash.
    Broke the funny and spontaneous flow of the prior issues.
    The "fights" were garbage.

I have no expectations for this event and just want Apocalypse vs Genesis/Annihilation to be good. I hope that Saturnyne and all of other world is destroyed and never mentioned in a X-men book after this is over
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.