Page 182 of 189 FirstFirst ... 82132172178179180181182183184185186 ... LastLast
Results 2,716 to 2,730 of 2833
  1. #2716
    Fantastic Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Ending is great. Would have been better if it didn't drag so long to get to it.

  2. #2717
    Mighty Member Viteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    I am disappointed that we did not get more from the White Sword. I'm still not sure why he fought Arakko before they joined Amenth.

  3. #2718
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    647

    Default

    So did Bei’s sword seduce Doug and Warlock?

  4. #2719
    Spectacular Member Lady Midnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Saturnyne said spoilers:
    millions of mutant prisoners
    end of spoilers How's THAT going to work?
    After a long absence, I am back.

  5. #2720
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,658

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Theres already a planned hardcover? *runs to amazon.*
    Well damn I hope thats what I bought lol

  6. #2721
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I really am curious to know which of the writers advocated for the quirky angle. Going by the Empyre mini we know some of these writers will go all in and try to do too much. And Hickman has to come in at the end and make it work.

    I think he and TH (not my favorite writer) did a great job with the conclusion. Some of it seemed to easy at points but there were consequences and changes.

    I feel like if we had that one week where all the books that came out were critiqued harshly. If those 3 issues had been finessed out. This whole event would have been way better. Especially since the event got delay and they had a lot of time to make some changes.

    But the last 3 issues did make me order the hardcover to go along with my HoXpOx.

    I know its subjective but to those saying that this event was bad or awful. You are wrong. You just got a story you didn't want because of your own expectations.
    No. what we got was a story where the writing staff, including Hickman, wasn't interested in the central premise of the swords the whole event was marketed around and built on. That became clear to me today when the issue about Apocalypse's fight with his wife, which the whole event had supposedly been building to, was almost all about council politics with maybe 25% of the book devoted to the fight. If even this fight couldn't get a decent focus or length and is overshadowed by Cyclops arguing with the council then there was no interest in the sword-fights to begin with on the part of the writers.

    There is good in this event, but the fact that the central premise of a contest of swords was not something anyone seems to have had any interest in writing really hurt it. They could have not had the swords at all and the event would have been much better.

  7. #2722
    All-New Member Daken455's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    3

    Default

    I can totally see the ''prisioners'' not getting used to living on Krakoa and starting an uprising making Krakoa ''look bad/evil'' to humans

  8. #2723
    Fantastic Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    461

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daken455 View Post
    I can totally see the ''prisioners'' not getting used to living on Krakoa and starting an uprising making Krakoa ''look bad/evil'' to humans
    A Krakoa civil war would be infinitely more interesting way to make Krakoas place in the world more precarious without just doing "Krakoa is evil/World War X" type nonsense which I was most worried about.

  9. #2724
    Mighty Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Theres already a planned hardcover? *runs to amazon.*
    Yep, comes out end of January. I preordered it about 2 months ago

  10. #2725
    Extraordinary Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5,372

    Default

    It was the best mutant event since Second Coming.

    What a trip. Humor, action, intrigue, epicity, dragons.

  11. #2726
    Super Moderator Tenebrae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Belfast
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    It was the best mutant event since Second Coming.

    What a trip. Humor, action, intrigue, epicity, dragons.
    It's better than BOTA I'll give it that.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

    CBR community Standards and Rules

  12. #2727
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Posts
    736

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    No. what we got was a story where the writing staff, including Hickman, wasn't interested in the central premise of the swords the whole event was marketed around and built on. That became clear to me today when the issue about Apocalypse's fight with his wife, which the whole event had supposedly been building to, was almost all about council politics with maybe 25% of the book devoted to the fight. If even this fight couldn't get a decent focus or length and is overshadowed by Cyclops arguing with the council then there was no interest in the sword-fights to begin with on the part of the writers.

    There is good in this event, but the fact that the central premise of a contest of swords was not something anyone seems to have had any interest in writing really hurt it. They could have not had the swords at all and the event would have been much better.
    It was named 10 of swords because of the Tarot cards, so they put some swords to be misleading.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenebrae View Post
    It's better than BOTA I'll give it that.
    I think BoTA was more straight forward, less issues and more consistent. This event is level of the apocalypse wars

  13. #2728
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Saturnyne said spoilers:
    millions of mutant prisoners
    end of spoilers How's THAT going to work?
    Well when two islands love each very much they make more islands

  14. #2729
    Incredible Member Wall-Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    684

    Default

    These final issues were absolutely epic, what a great ending.

    "To me....my X-Men"..........I got chills on that part.

  15. #2730
    Incredible Member Wall-Crawler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    684

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    What exactly happened to Isca? She transformed into a different version of herself?
    I have this same question, didn't quite get this part.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •