Page 144 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4494134140141142143144145146147148154 ... LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. I know it's just comic books, but it's such a stupid plan. Obviously he would never succeed (and everyone should knows this) and the consequences would be much worse than the contest. So then bad writing again that Saturnyne is just all "oh you, tsk tsk".
    People are fucking stupid in real world. Logan makes a foolish decision, consistent with his characterization, and the rest pay the consequences for it. That's not bad writing, that's just... reality.

It's like saying that The Three Little Pigs is bad writing because no one should make a straw house.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    People are fucking stupid in real world. Logan makes a foolish decision, consistent with his characterization, and the rest pay the consequences for it. That's not bad writing, that's just... reality.

It's like saying that The Three Little Pigs is bad writing because no one should make a straw house.
    It's true that bad writing exists everywhere, but it doesn't mean that it should just be accepted. I'd prefer writers to try a little harder. Making Wolverine (and Storm) THIS STUPID is not fun to read.

BANNED

They just dumbed down Wolverine and Ororo a lot

Yeah that's exactly what I'm saying. I know it's just comic books, but it's such a stupid plan. Obviously he would never succeed (and everyone should knows this) and the consequences would be much worse than the contest. So then bad writing again that Saturnyne is just all "oh you, tsk tsk".
    Besides what Glio already addressed, Saturnyne paired Logan and Storm up to punish them for scheming to assassinate her so we’re getting more character here than “tsk tsk.”

It's true that bad writing exists everywhere, but it doesn't mean that it should just be accepted. I'd prefer writers to try a little harder. Making Wolverine (and Storm) THIS STUPID is not fun to read.
    For a character to make a dumb decision is not bad writing, people make dumb decisions all the time every day. Wolverine has made decisions like this many times already, he is like that.

The Three Little Pigs is not bad writing, OMG. It's ... an extremely basic narrative element.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Besides what Glio already addressed, Saturnyne paired Logan and Storm up to punish them for scheming to assassinate her so we’re getting more character here than “tsk tsk.”
    Punish by getting drunk? LOL alright

Me to Hickman and Tini: Try harder, marvel's writers!

This was painful to read
    Last edited by baxer; 11-11-2020 at 03:01 PM.

For a character to make a dumb decision is not bad writing, people make dumb decisions all the time every day. Wolverine has made decisions like this many times already, he is like that.

The Three Little Pigs is not bad writing, OMG. It's ... an extremely basic narrative element.
    Look, it's just an opinion. I think it's bad writing. If it was just Wolverine, maybe I could've stomached it. But with Storm backing him up, it was no longer acceptable to me. She's a lifelong leader and tactician. She would know that the all-powerful Saturnyne would squash them in an instant. The obvious follow-up would be for Saturnyne to just wipe them out of existence.

(Also, why did you comment on your own Three Little Pigs example. I didn't even address it.)

Trying to kill Saturnyne is so Wolverine! His big brain solutions in AvX and Children's Crusade were literally stab Hope/Wanda/Wiccan. He's dumb af and he's entitled like no other character

Look, it's just an opinion. I think it's bad writing. If it was just Wolverine, maybe I could've stomached it. But with Storm backing him up, it was no longer acceptable to me. She's a lifelong leader and tactician. She would know that the all-powerful Saturnyne would squash them in an instant. The obvious follow-up would be for Saturnyne to just wipe them out of existence.

(Also, why did you comment on your own Three Little Pigs example. I didn't even address it.)
    You said that bad writing exists everywhere, Logan's example is like the Little Pig who makes a straw house: A character does something dumb because underestimate the Big Bad Wolf and pays the consequences. Storm has made such dumb decisions in the past too, like with Matthew Malloy.

You said that bad writing exists everywhere, Logan's example is like the Little Pig who makes a straw house: A character does something dumb because underestimate the Big Bad Wolf and pays the consequences. Storm has made such dumb decisions in the past too, like with Matthew Malloy.
    I understand the example and I was agreeing with you about bad writing. I was just wondering why you commented on it like "OMG" as if I said something about it. I did not.

But again, it's just an opinion. Just because some writer in the past also wrote Storm making a bad decision doesn't mean every bad decision from here on out is in character. I don't think this one is in character and that's ALL!

BANNED

I think Wolverine being this dumb is a sereotype tha the falls into. Made no sense what he did, even if he i snot the most smart dude has some good wits

Ororo should also know a lot better than Wolverine. Saturyne is a lot powerful that his claws aren't a match

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I think Wolverine being this dumb is a sereotype tha the falls into. Made no sense what he did, even if he i snot the most smart dude has some good wits

Ororo should also know a lot better than Wolverine. Saturyne is a lot powerful that his claws aren't a match
    As I've said, look at AvX and Children's Crusade. He thinks that stabbing is a solution. So then he can also do his infamous "I killed that woman so I could save you all and now I'll have to live with it u.u. be grateful, please" act

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    As I've said, look at AvX and Children's Crusade. He thinks that stabbing is a solution. So then he can also do his infamous "I killed that woman so I could save you all and now I'll have to live with it u.u. be grateful, please" act
    i don't think these are good writings of Logan too

Ultimate Member

I'm going to laugh if that drinking contest was Ororo's entire challenge and she got Skybreaker and messed up things with T'Challa/Wakanda just because Saturnyne is a giant troll.

Seems like we've got left. Apocalypse vs. Genesis. Gotta happen. Gorgon vs. White Sword? Could be tragic, if Gorgon wins, because White Sword seems like a much deeper character... Brian Braddock vs ??? Kid Cable vs. ??? Death vs. ??? Redroot vs. ???

Everyone else has already been done. Six points assigned, four challenges left. Busy week!

It's just that we're talking about something we've seen Logan try to do numerous times.

He has done it with Hope/Phoenix, with Cyclops/Phoenix, with Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet, with Wiccan, with Scarlet Witch...

We've seen him stab Hank Pym in the past so he doesn't build Ultron and nearly destroy spacetime.

He even thought about killing Teen Cyclops to see if that would bring Xavier back to life. "Stabbing the problem to get it fixed" is the most Logan thing in the world.