Page 122 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2833
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Oh, I agree, it would be boring to have 10 Omega X-peeps up against 10 Omega-ish Arakkoans. Especially since the Omegas are kind of same-y. Ooh, in this corner, we have another telekinetic/telepath! And there Exodus and Vulcan and Mikhail Rasputin, back to back to back with their 'whatever the F he wants' powers! Ooh, reality-manipulator face-off in the corner!

This is way more interesting. And, really, there's no way Wolverine would make the cut if it was all Omegas.
    Trying to imagine two reality warpers fighting and getting various images that wouldn't look out of place in Sandman.

Also imagine two mutants with Forge type of power fighting.
    "And Forge Just build a handgrenade out of matchsticks, but his enemy has created a holtzman shield, oh no, Forge just made a laser gun out of someone's glasses, a car battery and flashlight!"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    "And Forge Just build a handgrenade out of matchsticks, but his enemy has created a holtzman shield, oh no, Forge just made a laser gun out of someone's glasses, a car battery and flashlight!"
    Ha, that could be fun. "Okay, I don't what that's supposed to do, but there's a lot of spinning metal bits and blinking lights and... now it's raining petunias?"

As for two reality-warpers going at it, yeah, also fun. "And now we've got some sort of Salvadore Dali painting going on, 'cause everything is melting and swirling around, and... it's all gone black! Or I've gone blind. Hard to say which..."

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Oh, I agree, it would be boring to have 10 Omega X-peeps up against 10 Omega-ish Arakkoans. Especially since the Omegas are kind of same-y. Ooh, in this corner, we have another telekinetic/telepath! And there Exodus and Vulcan and Mikhail Rasputin, back to back to back with their 'whatever the F he wants' powers! Ooh, reality-manipulator face-off in the corner!

This is way more interesting. And, really, there's no way Wolverine would make the cut if it was all Omegas.
    You make that sound like a bad thing.

Mighty Member

I wonder how in-story they’re going to decide who goes up against who. Is it going to be Saturnyne just whisking them into an arena? You know she must have a hand in the matches since Betsy is against Isca and we know how she feels about Betsy being Captain Britain

That’s his omega level power. He always makes the team.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Trying to imagine two reality warpers fighting and getting various images that wouldn't look out of place in Sandman.

That would be awesome, just remembering Morpheus fighting in hell to get his helmet back. It would be basically an imagination contest, they should just get someone like Rod Reis or Christian Ward on the art and it would be one of the most beatiful and crazy comics on stands.

Forge fighting have the potential to go full Fullmetal Alchemist, and it would be great.

Random Thoughts

-Are these battles to death or just battles were there is possible death in it? As the meat of the event gets closer I wondering what the exact rules of this thing is going to be because we hyped up dying as a big thing and if people don't have to die, it slightly changing things.

- Do they not believe in ties? I mean if the X-men win 5 fights and otherside wins 5 fights. That is a tie. There is a reason we pick odd numbers games for sporting events.In thinking about if both sides wins 4 matches, Then 9 match kinda determines the winner, unless there is a rule saying that has to go 10 fights. But as mention that would make a tie possible.

- Is there any chance that the X-men lose? Both outcomes(win or lose) have drama attached to them but this feels like an event that the X-men can lose.

- This is a whole event with minorities as the bad guys which is kind of cool. And it feels like couple of them are going end up being X-men mainstays as villains or maybe even on the team itself. Genesis could easily become a high profile villain moving forward.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I wonder how in-story they’re going to decide who goes up against who. Is it going to be Saturnyne just whisking them into an arena? You know she must have a hand in the matches since Betsy is against Isca and we know how she feels about Betsy being Captain Britain
    I think a bit of both, Saturnyne will call the duels ,but I think she will follow her cards, it seems to me that the swords are the ones destined or pre destined to match each other ,not her actually doing the matching,so it will be more like sword against sword not welder vs weilder.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Who of the Arakko sword bearers and Horsemen do you guys think we will never see again after this event?

I think that Pestilence, Famine, Forest, White Sword and Bei are the ones mostly likely to not return.

Solem is confirmed to stick around and I am pretty sure we will see more of Isca, Summoner War and Death.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Who of the Arakko sword bearers and Horsemen do you guys think we will never see again after this event?

I think that Pestilence, Famine, Forest, White Sword and Bei are the ones mostly likely to not return.

Solem is confirmed to stick around and I am pretty sure we will see more of Isca, Summoner War and Death.
    I could see White Sword sticking around. He probably has unique insights into Amenth that'll make him useful past this event especially with his powers. Solem stays around to get pushed as Logan's newest villain, Isca never loses and joins Krakoa whether she wants to or not, and Death stays around because Storm needs a new boyfriend. Pogg is too cool to not be used more in the future so I see him sticking around as well. War might become a recurring villain for everyone.

I think everyone else slips into irrelevance but still makes appearances here and there past the DOX era.

With Summoner being Tini's favorite I could see him in Excal as an antagonist maybe. Some of the Arakki in general could be showing up there too if they remain on Otherworld.

I'm hoping to see more of Bei bc she has a really interesting design. Rooting for Genesis and Isca to remain having important roles too.
    Last edited by nandes; 10-27-2020 at 09:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Death, White Sword, Isca, Genesis/Annihilation and Summoner are the ones I can see staying. The rest doesn't seem to have much of a chance. Pestilence and Famine aren't among the Ten Swordbearers, so who knows what will happen to them.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

I wouldn't miss the crocodile.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Pogg Champ ain't stick around.
    "Cable was right!"

Mighty Member

Someone mentioned that for Krakoa there were 10 swords named and for Arakko there were 11 named. So is the Peak going to be the 11th sword for Krakoa? Saturnyne wouldn’t give them that info about the core for no reason.