Page 169 of 189 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    This more than anything feels like the main problem. It’s supposed to be the mutants fighting for their lives and the lives of all those on Earth. It’s also a wacky event where Logan pouts about having to participate in a modeling competition. The tones just don’t mesh well.
    Agree. Wry, gallows humor would work...this was just silly too often.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Exactly, that's why the vision Wolverine saw is pure crap. We're suppose to believe that these clowns pose some overwhelming threat to the world. That if Krakoa loses they will conquer the world and the combined might of all the world's heroes won't be able to stop them. Talk about over hyping and under delivering, these Arrako champions/mutants are lame and based on what we've seen would get their asses handed to them by earth's heroes. The plant aliens in Empyre were more of a threat than these jokers.
    I mean why? why? Logan attacked her in the first place. As for the Horsemen, I thought these characters should have been at least more powerful than Apoc bc he is not "fit enough" but it turn out underwhelming. I loath Gerry Duggan(and even Percy occasionally) of how he writes Logan.

I can firmly say that they butchered their own opportunity to write the Horsemen unlike DC 52 which I have recently been reading.
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-19-2020 at 07:58 AM.

The build up for this story was way better than the story has been so far. The balance between comedy and actual fighting is not even. I was expecting each issue to center around a single duel....not these silly contests these characters have been put through.All these new villains are pretty lame as well. If you put them all on a bus, had them drive through a dark tunnel, and all you saw on the page were black panels with word balloons, would you be able to tell who was speaking? I mean none of them have their own voice or personality other than the rhyming 4 armed croc
    Last edited by Link; 11-19-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    The vision was presented by Saturnyne so Logan doesn't try to kill her- it is supposed to be doubtful.
    Anyone else thinking we'll get a flashback of Saturnyne showing a thematically similar vision to a member of the Arakko delegation to keep them in check?

I mean, why else would they behave for so long? You'd think their superiors would've given them direct orders to kill the witch on principle in the event she was actually serious about wasting so much of everyone's time, right?

Honestly with the way the Four Horsemen are being handled in fights they don't seem like much of a threat. They have been fighting for how many years but it doesnt seem like the Krakoan mutants would have any issues with them or the hoards of Amenth. On the other hand, the team of villains from Hellions seem like more of a threat, which is kind of sad if you really think about it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Anyone else thinking we'll get a flashback of Saturnyne showing a thematically similar vision to a member of the Arakko delegation to keep them in check?

I mean, why else would they behave for so long? You'd think their superiors would've given them direct orders to kill the witch on principle in the event she was actually serious about wasting so much of everyone's time, right?
    because she is powerful? tey are also very arrogant, they thought they would win

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Honestly with the way the Four Horsemen are being handled in fights they don't seem like much of a threat. They have been fighting for how many years but it doesnt seem like the Krakoan mutants would have any issues with them or the hoards of Amenth. On the other hand, the team of villains from Hellions seem like more of a threat, which is kind of sad if you really think about it.
    Very ironic

BANNED

Have Pestilence and Famine done anything?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    Have Pestilence and Famine done anything?
    Pestilence did shoot Rictor, which killed him and she named the sword bearers of Arakko. Femine was just in the background and played no role at all. Well so did Pestilence actually.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

All-New Member

So much for the best version of the horseman, being Apoc's kids and warriors who fought "world ending threats" for thousands of years. War can barely handle Logan with no healing factor and Death got humiliated by a powerless drunk Storm. Their successors are more serious threats than these guys smh.

Do we even know what Famine's powers actually are? He's just exposition furniture by now.

To me the silliness of all of this is a nod to the first Excalibur run. It was totally wacky and is where Saturnyne first popped up back in the day.
    RCO049_1471254680.jpg
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I suspect the Horsemen *were* hot stuff and the best of the best *a thousand years ago*, but that doesn't make them anywhere near as powerful as the Omega mutants of this millenium, like Storm or Jean.

Mutantkind has had many centuries to evolve (and yes, Apocalypse may well have had some strong influence on the process...). They have not.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I suspect the Horsemen *were* hot stuff and the best of the best *a thousand years ago*, but that doesn't make them anywhere near as powerful as the Omega mutants of this millenium, like Storm or Jean.

Mutantkind has had many centuries to evolve (and yes, Apocalypse may well have had some strong influence on the process...). They have not.
    LOL they had millenia to evolve and earth mutants didn't evolved

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    LOL they had millenia to evolve and earth mutants didn't evolved
    Politely, you would have to ignore a whole lot to try to frame it this way.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    I don't. if mutants had so much time there would be billions and not millions with or without Genosha/decimation

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    I don't. if mutants had so much time there would be billions and not millions with or without Genosha/decimation
    Less politely (but not much less), it makes no sense to assume Arakko's mutants are more powerful. They have a very limited gene pool and most of them are thousands of years old, without seemingly having that many descendants in the first place.

Besides, most of Krakoa's biggest guns aren't in the game. Imagine Exodus, Proteus or Jaime in this fight.