Page 125 of 189 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 2833
    Ultimate Member

So it's really interesting how the enemy team represents some very different factions with different goals. Redroot speaks for Arakko, and probably doesn't care a whit for what Annhilation wants (I could see Redroot wanting to actually *talk* to Doug, the voice of Krakoa, more than fight him!), and White Sword holds them in contempt (probably because he stood firm against the demon hordes all this time, and they gave up and joined them).

White Sword really intrigues me now that I know he's a healer. He seems to think the others, Death, War, Pestilence, etc. are weak, which means his healing talents have to be sufficient to survive the worst they can dish out *and* keep his own forces alive in the face of their attacks (since he does seem to have forces of his own, in the panel we see). He must be an insanely strong healer (and seems likely to be a ranged healer, able to support his armies without having to run around 'laying on hands' every time one of his warriors gets an ouchie).

And Pogg Ur-Pogg might not even be a mutant! (Like Captain Britain, on the Krakoa side.)

Wow, Apocalypse sure does know a lot of immortal hard-to-kill mutants. Are they all Externals? It seems like everyone he knew thousands of years ago has survived centuries of endless war and neither died of old age, nor gotten killed to death...

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Forget "Like Rockslide..."

What version of the math lets Krakoa bring them back?
    They've already established that Jamie Braddock can use his reality manipulation to straight-up resurrect people *in Otherworld* with a boop to the forehead, so I'm not terribly worried. Then again, the writing in that title in particular has been a bit weird, so perhaps that's going to be conveniently forgotten if someone dies and Hickman wants it to seem like a big deal...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 10-29-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bgardner View Post
    I don’t think that she switched sides to Amenth because of logic. I think she probably has some kind of precog power combined with some kind of domino like luck power. Remember Apocalypse’s story in the last issue? She switched sides after the White Swords forces went through and were slaughtering the horde and then after the parlay when Genesis showed her powers. It was looking great for the mutants when she went over.
    You may be right,it depends if you are correct about how her power works, but without specific statement that she has some sort of clairvoyance, we can surmise her betrayal or switching of sides could be for reasons other than her power, even if her power grants her foresight ,it would actually help her switch sides knowing she would lose if she didnt.If we assume she doesn't know her lot before hand and just goes by confidence of never being on the losing side then there could be other reasons..I agree at that moment of parlay it looked on the up for Okkara but maybe seeing Amenth and getting direct words from it is what triggered her to switch sides(maybe she likes rolling with the most powerful and up till that point she thought Apoc and fam were the biggest fish in the pond) It could have even been a hidden vendetta against Genesis or Apoc, we just don't know enough of the backstory to definitively dismiss her rationale for switching ,let's wait and see
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-29-2020 at 05:31 AM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

So we have confirmtion on;

Cable vs. Bei
    Magik vs. Pogg Ur-Pogg

Did we get other confirmations, I missed out on?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post

Cable vs. Bei
    Magik vs. Pogg Ur-Pogg

Isca vs Betsy.
    Logan vs War I suppose? I am sure that I saw such cover.

Cable vs. Bei
    Magik vs. Pogg Ur-Pogg

If you count the Marauders cover as confirmation, then Storm vs Death.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So it's really interesting how the enemy team represents some very different factions with different goals. Redroot speaks for Arakko, and probably doesn't care a whit for what Annhilation wants (I could see Redroot wanting to actually *talk* to Doug, the voice of Krakoa, more than fight him!), and White Sword holds them in contempt (probably because he stood firm against the demon hordes all this time, and they gave up and joined them).

White Sword really intrigues me now that I know he's a healer. He seems to think the others, Death, War, Pestilence, etc. are weak, which means his healing talents have to be sufficient to survive the worst they can dish out *and* keep his own forces alive in the face of their attacks (since he does seem to have forces of his own, in the panel we see). He must be an insanely strong healer (and seems likely to be a ranged healer, able to support his armies without having to run around 'laying on hands' every time one of his warriors gets an ouchie).

And Pogg Ur-Pogg might not even be a mutant! (Like Captain Britain, on the Krakoa side.)

Wow, Apocalypse sure does know a lot of immortal hard-to-kill mutants. Are they all Externals? It seems like everyone he knew thousands of years ago has survived centuries of endless war and neither died of old age, nor gotten killed to death...

They've already established that Jamie Braddock can use his reality manipulation to straight-up resurrect people *in Otherworld* with a boop to the forehead, so I'm not terribly worried. Then again, the writing in that title in particular has been a bit weird, so perhaps that's going to be conveniently forgotten if someone dies and Hickman wants it to seem like a big deal...
    White Sword can resurrect all of his troops every day. His army has been killed countless times and he always brings them back to life. He is an extremely powerful healer, perhaps even Omega. Apocalypse describes some of Arakko's mutants as "godlike".

Pogg-Ur Pogg is confirmed not to be a mutant on a data page, he is just a beast of Amenth.

Brian and Jaime's case was special because it was an extremely recent death.

Astonishing Member

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Isca vs Betsy.
    Logan vs War I suppose? I am sure that I saw such cover.
    Hmm is it Logan Vs War or Logan Vs Solem? If Logan is facing war I can imagine a scenario where Solem to screw with War told Logan his price for the sword is Logan sparing War's life but rubbing it in by telling her he's only doing it coz Solem wants her to 'remember this day'

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    White Sword can resurrect all of his troops every day. His army has been killed countless times and he always brings them back to life. He is an extremely powerful healer, perhaps even Omega. Apocalypse describes some of Arakko's mutants as "godlike".
    He sounds like a living version of the Cauldron of Rebirth which shows up in irish and welsh mythology, a magic cauldron that revives the dead and gives who ever has them a massive advantage.

Raises the question of what side effect his method of reviving might have on those he brings back?

Mighty Member

Cable vs. Bei
    Magik vs. Pogg Ur-Pogg

Probably Cypher versus White Sword

I wish the event was more like shonen manga/anime where the fights are the main attraction. Not the fetch quest and other otherwise shenanigans.

Anyway I dont see The White Sword losing. I expect cool things from him and Annihilation. I hope his army has their own mutant powers. Then it would make sense as to why he is so strong.

I can see the horseman losing but not dying. I think Death has a better chance of winning then War. They should be really strong tho. Not your average mutant.
    Last edited by FIGHT; 10-29-2020 at 11:20 AM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    I wish the event was more like shonen manga/anime where the fights are the main attraction. Not the fetch quest and other otherwise shenanigans.

Anyway I dont see The White Sword losing. I expect cool things from him Annihilation. I hope his army has their own mutant powers. Then it would make sense as to why he is so strong.

I can see the horseman losing but not dying. I think Death has a better chance of winning then War. They should be really strong tho. Not your average mutant.
    The way I see it, what's happened so far is the training section prior to the tournament

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Probably Cypher versus White Sword
    Then it is White Sword on Cypher's card.

I just saw the preview for Marauders. This came to mind.

I'm sure the issues will be great, but it wouldn't kill them to give us some action.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I just saw the preview for Marauders. This came to mind.

I'm sure the issues will be great, but it wouldn't kill them to give us some action.
    Where are the previews for next week?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Where are the previews for next week?
    X Men 14 http://www.multiversitycomics.com/previews/x-men-14/

Marauders 14 https://comic-watch.com/news/sneak-p...ders-14-xos-13