Page 23 of 189 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Wow, talk about low.

People are freaking dying and losing their livelihoods and you say this? DISGUSTING!!!

Seriously, of all the things I've read on here, nothing comes close to the level of despicable scum-bucket like this statement.
    "all" aka many things besides but also this, have gone to shit, don't be condescending and twist my words

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    Of course all this happens when the X-books are actually good again! I know there are much larger problems in the world right now, but comic books have been my escape since I was a kid. This news sucks.
    yup i agree with you 100 percent.. its devastating news cancel 2020

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Honestly maybe this will be the final straw and the higher ups start realizing how fucking dumb it is to base an entire industry around ONE sole distributor.

Anyway winter swords for da bores
    kinda silly innit

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    "all" aka many things besides but also this, have gone to shit, don't be condescending and twist my words
    Even if it was just this, my statement still stands.

DISGUSTING! People int he comics industry are losing their jobs but you're happy about it?

Again!

DISGUSTING.

Wow, talk about low.

People are freaking dying and losing their livelihoods and you say this? DISGUSTING!!!

Seriously, of all the things I've read on here, nothing comes close to the level of despicable scum-bucket like this statement.
    Do not even with this nonsense, everyone is understandably upset. We're here on this forum to talk about comics, DO NOT try and cause trouble here or trouble will come to you.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineW View Post
    Do not even with this nonsense, everyone is understandably upset. We're here on this forum to talk about comics, DO NOT try and cause trouble here or trouble will come to you.
    So, its ok to gloat that the X-Office and comic industry is shutting down because someone hates Dawn of X? I hated Guggenheims and Rosenbergs XMEN with a fiery passion but I'd be sad if the industry died with them. I sure as hell wouldn't be gloating.

So, its ok to gloat that the X-Office and comic industry is shutting down because someone hates Dawn of X? I hated Guggenheims and Rosenbergs XMEN with a fiery passion but I'd be sad if the industry died with them. I sure as hell wouldn't be gloating.
    They were being sarcastic and you know it, the user is upset at the news, not gloating. Read the room.
    How dare you talk to me like this.

Mighty Member

They were being sarcastic and you know it, the user is upset at the news, not gloating. Read the room.
    How dare I talk to you like this? What are you talking about?

BANNED

um I love dawn of x, im posting always in defense of it, you jumped at a conclusion

How dare I talk to you like this? What are you talking about?
    I'm talking about your posts, this is out of order

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Honestly maybe this will be the final straw and the higher ups start realizing how fucking dumb it is to base an entire industry around ONE sole distributor.
    100% agreed and I've always felt this way. Not that multiple distributors in THIS specific case would make much of a difference but one sole distributor is not the way.

Agreed, it was sarcasm as Jasmine points out.

Feelings are heightened right now and people cope in different ways. There are a ton of people on social media making jokes as their way of coping. I think it's best to let people be in these times.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The comic-book print industry in not going to die.
    It's a difficult and precarious situation but...like all other large entertainment corporations/industries...they will do their best to weather the Covid-19 pandemic and resume operations when it's viable to do so. Simple.

Writers and artists and editors are still going to be hard at work at home doing what they do best...producing comics.

At the very worst...we will just have to do without books for a few months, of course but...it won't be the end of our superhero world, we'll just have to do with reading our back issues.

Even if there were multiple distribution companies other than Diamond...if the local authorities mandate a state-wide shut-down of non-essential businesses then they still won't have retail outlets to distribute books to...as they would be/should be closed.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's a difficult and precarious situation but...like all other large entertainment corporations/industries...they will do their best to weather the Covid-19 pandemic and resume operations when it's viable to do so. Simple.

Writers and artists and editors are still going to be hard at work at home doing what they do best...producing comics.

At the very worst...we will just have to do without books for a few months, of course but...it won't be the end of our superhero world, we'll just have to do with reading our back issues.

Even if there were multiple distribution companies other than Diamond...if the local authorities mandate a state-wide shut-down of non-essential businesses then they still won't have retail outlets to distribute books to...as they would be/should be closed.
    All well said. A poster on another thread was saying they can't access their LCS and another further away is only letting people in by appointment I think.

But yes, we will get through this storm and comics will be OK.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

you guys always know how to brighten thing upthanks for that
    we nerds'll make it through. we're resilient - like cockroaches

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

You are always a level-headed and measured voice here. Thank you!