Page 181 of 189 FirstFirst ... 81131171177178179180181182183184185 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 2833
  1. #2701
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    A blatant lack of originality I guess

    Personally, I only intend to read this book if Warren, Gambit, and Kurt are blessed with good writing, knowing that they are very little (or very badly, as far as Gambit is concerned) used at the moment
    I can't, off the top of my head, think of anything quite like it, so not really sure that holds true. Young Avengers, kind of?

    Don't think it's going to be about or particularly feature those guys you mention.

  2. #2702
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,840

    Default

    WHOO! That was amazing! Amazing! I loved it. I want the whole thing collected in a hardscover all 22 chapters.

    my girl was everything. Apoc was everything. I don't think i've ever loved an event this much well since Operation Zero Tolerance
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  3. #2703
    Mighty Member Steroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    I was definitely worried and still think the tournament stuff was silly and underwhelming, but they managed to stick the landing. Great stuff this week and I just wish Larraz could draw every comic I read.

  4. #2704
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    I was definitely worried and still think the tournament stuff was silly and underwhelming, but they managed to stick the landing. Great stuff this week and I just wish Larraz could draw every comic I read.
    Yeah, this was a great ending - even Excalibur. I think they did a bit too good a job of building up our anxiety about the tournament to switch into bathos, even if we knew there would be no mass cull of popular characters really.

  5. #2705
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,840

    Default

    did anyone notice that the Data pages added a new spoilers:
    Omega Mutant? Mercuy. and with Arrako headed for Earth that adds a new omega mutant to Krakoa theoretically.
    end of spoilers
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  6. #2706
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    did anyone notice that the Data pages added a new spoilers:
    Omega Mutant? Mercuy. and with Arrako headed for Earth that adds a new omega mutant to Krakoa theoretically.
    end of spoilers
    That's just the name of the sword. The mutant in question is Isca the Unbeaten.

  7. #2707
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    That's just the name of the sword. The mutant in question is Isca the Unbeaten.
    So maybe she is one. And that whole being unbeaten thing is more than we suspect because thats a weird way to word it in the data page. it implies it belongs to a mutant that is one.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

  8. #2708
    Mighty Member Viteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    What exactly happened to Isca? She transformed into a different version of herself?

  9. #2709
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,911

    Default

    Reading again, there's this line "I thought about this every night for thousands of years. A million nights.", and is [A] actually 3000 years old?
    Last edited by Frobisher; 11-25-2020 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Actually, maybe he is that o

  10. #2710
    Mighty Member Viteh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,035

    Default

    Also, Redroot is still captured right? I guess Cypher will have to double up as translator.

  11. #2711
    Extraordinary Member Revolutionary_Jack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    7,143

    Default

    X of Swords was awesome.

    The ending is amazing.

    This was Apocalypse's story. He was the protagonist of the entire event.

  12. #2712
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Also, Redroot is still captured right? I guess Cypher will have to double up as translator.
    Will Krakoa and Arakko become Okkara again now? Or will they still be together but separate?

  13. #2713
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    You know if Jason Aaron had written this event in the exact same way Hickman and comp has all the defenders of this event would be panning it as garbage and saying Aaron is way to silly. Just shows how everything is subjective, some are so invested in the Krakoa era they will accept, praise and defend anything that the x-writers put out. While denigrating every other non x event (Empyre, War of the Realms and even the upcoming King in Black). It is what it is.
    No itís just that different people have different opinion and tastes and your opinions and tastes are not objective are just yours. You just need to learn to accept it.

  14. #2714
    Astonishing Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,662

    Default

    I really am curious to know which of the writers advocated for the quirky angle. Going by the Empyre mini we know some of these writers will go all in and try to do too much. And Hickman has to come in at the end and make it work.

    I think he and TH (not my favorite writer) did a great job with the conclusion. Some of it seemed too easy at points but there were consequences and changes.

    I feel like if we had that one week where all the books that came out were critiqued harshly. If those 3 issues had been finessed out. This whole event would have been way better. Especially since the event got delay and they had a lot of time to make some changes.

    But the last 3 issues did make me order the hardcover to go along with my HoXpOx.

    I know its subjective but to those saying that this event was bad or awful. You are wrong. You just got a story you didn't want because of your own expectations.
    Last edited by CGAR; 11-25-2020 at 09:16 AM.

  15. #2715
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I really am curious to know which of the writers advocated for the quirky angle. Going by the Empyre mini we know some of these writers will go all in and try to do too much. And Hickman has to come in at the end and make it work.

    I think he and TH (not my favorite writer) did a great job with the conclusion. Some of it seemed to easy at points but there were consequences and changes.

    I feel like if we had that one week where all the books that came out were critiqued harshly. If those 3 issues had been finessed out. This whole event would have been way better. Especially since the event got delay and they had a lot of time to make some changes.

    But the last 3 issues did make me order the hardcover to go along with my HoXpOx.

    I know its subjective but to those saying that this event was bad or awful. You are wrong. You just got a story you didn't want because of your own expectations.
    Theres already a planned hardcover? *runs to amazon.*
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •