Page 22 of 189 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PetPigeon View Post
    My store didn't close. They are even delivering your books if you have a pull list and live within 10 miles.
    I went by my local store this morning to pick up my last 3 weeks worth of books. Was talking with the owner, said they are just taking it day-by-day. Said it could come to just being open 1-2 days a week and offering curb side pickup if people don't want to come in. He did say this past week business has actually been real good. People coming in to get books, games, ect. since staying in.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    My worry about them delaying stuff is because I saw, for example, that the release Yu-Gi-Oh stuff is all going to be delayed because stores are going to close. I thought the same could happen to comicbooks.
    if there is a total lockdown it will be a problem, because comics won't be printed and distributed with stores closed

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    if there is a total lockdown it will be a problem, because comics won't be printed and distributed with stores closed
    They already sell comics digitally and they may see an upsurge of digital sales if that were to happen

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Boop!
    And just like that I'm in!

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    New York is on lockdown now. Marvel might soon close the publishing office where the editors put everything together.
    Worst case scenario, this kills the comix book industry as we know it.

Most comic book shops operate on very thin margins. If they either close for quarantine, or lose significant customer patronage, they could be put out of business. And if comic book shops go under...

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Worst case scenario, this kills the comix book industry as we know it.

Most comic book shops operate on very thin margins. If they either close for quarantine, or lose significant customer patronage, they could be put out of business. And if comic book shops go under...
    I think that this might literally kill comics and comic book shops in some places.

Here Amazon has announced that they're not shipping anything that is not an essential good anymore, which includes games, comic books and books, and I think all other online shops will soon follow since they need to limit deliveries. Stores have been closed alongside all other shops so you can only go digital atm. I've been reading digitally for years now so it's not really an issue for me, but I think a lot of people might drop comics for the time being if the situation doesn't get better.

i was able to do HOUSE and POWERS of X books subscription for 46 bucks thru marvel print subscription...

hope they offer this crossover as a subscription.. hopefully we can save $ down the line

Summer X-Over? Not any more. Diamond just shuttered, so it's probably a Fall or even Winter X-Over now.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Summer X-Over? Not any more. Diamond just shuttered, so it's probably a Fall or even Winter X-Over now.
    yup crazy just read the news..

i wonder whats going to happen now

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Whoaaaaaaaa well. At least we ended comics on a good note with Dawn of X.
    /slight sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Whoaaaaaaaa well. At least we ended comics on a good note with Dawn of X.
    /slight sarcasm
    yeah true that

BANNED

yey im so happy it all went to **** :/

Honestly maybe this will be the final straw and the higher ups start realizing how fucking dumb it is to base an entire industry around ONE sole distributor.

Anyway winter swords for da bores

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    yey im so happy it all went to **** :/
    Wow, talk about low.

People are freaking dying and losing their livelihoods and you say this? DISGUSTING!!!

Seriously, of all the things I've read on here, nothing comes close to the level of despicable scum-bucket like this statement.

Of course all this happens when the X-books are actually good again! I know there are much larger problems in the world right now, but comic books have been my escape since I was a kid. This news sucks.