Page 105 of 189 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 2833
    All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Well, Summoner's story, unreliable narrator that he is, says that when the mutants of Arakko were pushed into Amenth, they already saw demon corpses of those who fought the White Sword and his champions, so he probably lived in Okkara before Annihilation attacked and has been there for an untold amount of time for some reason.

The Swordbearers of Arakko are nothin' to fuck wit'
    I think of it like white Sword and his troops were the first through the breech when the attack began. And when the breech was finally sealed by Apocalypse they had already made it into Amenth. So when the rest of the Okkarans finally made it to the border they saw his handiwork but figured he and his champions would die along the way. Never thinking they would thrive in madness in a mad world.

Spectacular Member

these 3 new parts are not as interesting as the first two...

Extraordinary Member

They're not really part of the main story. In most events these would be considered side or tie-in issues.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLimboBabies View Post
    these 3 new parts are not as interesting as the first two...
    Yeah. I wish they didn't expand the crossover from 15 to 22 parts. These sword quest issues are gonna be a chore to get through.

Extraordinary Member

So is Magik lucky in already having her weapon and not needing a sidequest or she bored out of her mind waiting for everyone else to get theirs?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yeah. I wish they didn't expand the crossover from 15 to 22 parts. These sword quest issues are gonna be a chore to get through.
    Why? It is still part of the story. Or would you rather go right to the issues where the contest starts? Because we will also see 10 different fights, before getting to the final parts of this event.

I rather have good story telling than only have 6 rushed issues without any background stories.

Just wondering.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So is Magik lucky in already having her weapon and not needing a sidequest or she bored out of her mind waiting for everyone else to get theirs?
    It looks that way right? Ha. Is she seriously just going to hang out in this circle waiting for everyone else?

Wolverine did not need two damn issues to get his sword. This did feel like they are padding out this crossover. The Sword Quest doesnt feel like it needed to be branded as part of the crossover really. Should have had a XOS prelude banner at the top of these issues as so far they seem nonessential to the main action and serve more as set up to get there

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine did not need two damn issues to get his sword. This did feel like they are padding out this crossover. The Sword Quest doesnt feel like it needed to be branded as part of the crossover really. Should have had a XOS prelude banner at the top of these issues as so far they seem nonessential to the main action and serve more as set up to get there
    Honestly I think all of the issue tie ins are going be similar for getting their swords vice versa. But at least Wolverine or X-Force was somewhat related to Arrakos's Solem and his character. Not like Maruaders at the very least.

vFydjvErGYaUvPAMEBLxd5.jpg

I'm guessing this is how the next issues are gonna go. The only one I'm not sure of is Hellions. None of the character there seem to be involved, so I'm guessing it will be about Gorgon's swords? I guess he falls into the "troubled mutant" umbrella.

We are still missing one Champion (if we assume Brian is also one). Maybe we'll see that in X-Men #13? Assuming it really is Magneto. Or in Stasis.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I think those issues were about more than just the sword quest though. We were introduced to Solem, and got to learn a little more about his background, as well as history with War. All pieces that we need for the main story.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    I think those issues were about more than just the sword quest though. We were introduced to Solem, and got to learn a little more about his background, as well as history with War. All pieces that we need for the main story.
    spoilers:
    The sword quest was decent and it wasn't just finding Muramasa for the blade but it had some cool dark fantasy to hell. I was surprise by Solem's character(I was expecting him to be related to Muramusa but it wasn't and it was a relief actually) and I have seen very few like him against Logan.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by SugarMan View Post
    Which was set up for the story. Could have been Wolverine's own Prelude to XOS much like Excaliber had its own

Amazing Member

I dont think they're a tie-ins as they are a crucial part of the first arc of the main story: collecting the swords. Spreading the quest into an issue for each sword like it seems is going to be up until Stasis is a pacing choice that really worries though.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Why? It is still part of the story. Or would you rather go right to the issues where the contest starts? Because we will also see 10 different fights, before getting to the final parts of this event.

I rather have good story telling than only have 6 rushed issues without any background stories.

Just wondering.
    Because judging by today's issues the writers had to resort to decompressed storytelling to justify more issues and it shows. Meanwhile all the momentum built in Creation is gone.