Page 106 of 189 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116156 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Wolverine did not need two damn issues to get his sword. This did feel like they are padding out this crossover. The Sword Quest doesnt feel like it needed to be branded as part of the crossover really. Should have had a XOS prelude banner at the top of these issues as so far they seem nonessential to the main action and serve more as set up to get there
    He didn’t need it, but it was still worth the price to me. Loved the double dose of Percy and Bogdanovic. I’m sure I’m not alone in that.

Yeah, Wolvie's issues to get his sword were phenomenal. I was all the way here for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Attachment 101217

I'm guessing this is how the next issues are gonna go. The only one I'm not sure of is Hellions. None of the character there seem to be involved, so I'm guessing it will be about Gorgon's swords? I guess he falls into the "troubled mutant" umbrella.

We are still missing one Champion (if we assume Brian is also one). Maybe we'll see that in X-Men #13? Assuming it really is Magneto. Or in Stasis.
    Assuming X of swords stasis is about The bad guys getting their swords, then half of this story is set up. Geez. That sucks ass. might get x-men issue for apocalypse, but that is it.

Im not saying i did not enjoy the issues that came out today tho. It was cool. I love silver samurai
    Last edited by FIGHT; 10-07-2020 at 08:33 AM.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Yeah, Wolvie's issues to get his sword were phenomenal. I was all the way here for it.
    Same. Loved it. And I’m really looking forward to Solem sticking around as a new villain. Logan has a decent rogues gallery, but like Batman’s they’ve all been kind of used and recycled over and over again to the point where it’s boring. New threats are always welcome. Especially if they’re well fleshed out and interesting, and thus have staying power. Solem just might.

To be fair. Saturnyne stopped the momentum of the story by initiating the contest. If it wasn't for her. We would have had that army coming through the external gate.

Also I do understand that some may think its not needed. But I like that the backstory and the little details that are often missed are included in the event. Instead of being ancillary.

If they cheat us out of a Soulsword data page...there will be consequences!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Which was set up for the story. Could have been Wolverine's own Prelude to XOS much like Excaliber had its own
    You misunderstand. The story isn't just about the battle itself. That would be too simplistic. This is epic storytelling. You don't go to a movie with just the fight scene. The story of getting to that fight scene should be as much as important to the movie as the fight. Otherwise it falls flat. They have other things going on that have to be dealt with outside of this. Leave that to the regular issues.

Yeah, right now the comics are when in Helm's Deep they are arming people and Aragorn and Legolas are arguing and the tension is through the roof before the big battle.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Solem is an icon.

Fantastic Member

I swear this is gonna end with a exhausted victorious x Men returning to a full out avengers war.. and I'm here for it baby!!

In the first appearance of the horsemen of the apocalypse they seemed so omnipotent. Pretty cool to see them more mutants

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    In the first appearance of the horsemen of the apocalypse they seemed so omnipotent. Pretty cool to see them more mutants
    Yeah I'd say this Wolverine issue did a pretty good job of humanizing War even just a lil bit.

And I love how Solem is anything but Solemn lmao Logan does pretty well when he has charismatic characters to bounce off of and Percy knows that. Really curious to see more of Solem and Logan.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yeah. I wish they didn't expand the crossover from 15 to 22 parts. These sword quest issues are gonna be a chore to get through.
    I'm having a feeling this event will be ten sword quests, ten battles and the three issues in actual X of Swords books with a more general story. It feels to simple and easy. I'm hoping it will be more complex then that.

I enjoyed today issues but they were a little predictable. I like Solem though, so I hope they'll put more Arakki mythology here and there.

edit: also, I know it's visually interesting for them to be just waiting for the others to find their swords but at the same time it feels stupid. They could at least have put some background characters there supporting the champions while the other arrive. It would have made sense to have some teen mutants in owe and anticipation for the circle of champions to be complete.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 10-07-2020 at 10:10 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I'm having a feeling this event will be ten sword quests, ten battles and the three issues in actual X of Swords books with a more general story. It feels to simple and easy. I'm hoping it will be more complex then that.

I enjoyed today issues but they were a little predictable. I like Solem though, so I hope they'll put more Arakki mythology here and there.

edit: also, I know it's visually interesting for them to be just waiting for the others to find their swords but at the same time it feels stupid. They could at least have put some background characters there supporting the champions while the other arrive. It would have made sense to have some teen mutants in owe and anticipation for the circle of champions to be complete.
    Poor Magik has to wait the 3 full days. At least the others got to stretch their legs first lol

Wolverine's monologue to Krakoa was the highlight of the issue.
    Really liked Solem.

I would love Vita to stay for more on Marauders. It was a breath of fresh air.