Page 111 of 189 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    loveloveLOVE that SWORD 02 cover
    Same here! Such a fun time to be an X-Fan.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Same here! Such a fun time to be an X-Fan.
    Yes, EH!...I'm having the best times.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

X of Swords seems to be quite a popular and interesting crossover! All the books seem to be more interesting than the normal issues.

By the way, I hope they have resurrected almost everyone who died before the resurrection fails. There are people I haven't seen like Rusty and Skids, wonder where are they?

I have a feeling that the resurrection protocols will fail sometime in the future. There are already hints in X-Factor. If anyone of the five dies, there won't be anymore resurrection.
    Last edited by ericng; 10-10-2020 at 05:50 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I have a feeling that the resurrection protocols will fail sometime in the future. There are already hints in X-Factor. If anyone of the five dies, there won't be anymore resurrection.
    Goldballs/Egg is the only one they don't have a specific replacement for.

Tempus - Sway, Tempo, Timeslip, Lacuna, Kiden Nixon
    Proteus - Mad Jim Jaspers, Wiccan, Scarlet Witch (ha, no!)
    Hope - Rogue, Synch, Mimic
    Elixir - Triage, Morlock Healer

And even Goldballs can be replaced by one of those 'can do anything another mutant can do' mutants like Hope, Rogue, Synch or Mimic.

It might end for narrative reasons, but it shouldn't be as simple as one of the 5 doesn't show up to work. There's a ton of redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

And even Goldballs can be replaced by one of those 'can do anything another mutant can do' mutants like Hope, Rogue, Synch or Mimic.

It might end for narrative reasons, but it shouldn't be as simple as one of the 5 doesn't show up to work. There's a ton of redundancy.
    I don't see Billy leaving young avengers to joining Krakoa any time soon. He seems fine on the most part to pretend he's not a mutant and that mutant issues don't affect him.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Is Billy still a mutant now?

He was not affected by terrigen.

Amazing Member

As long as Goldballs has left a decent stock of eggs, as we saw he's already doing in XF #4, his death is not a stop to the process.

The problem is that his eggs are not exactly imperishable (If they were, every time he used his powers before he would have left them there occupying space).

I think they have a stock of eggs before they decompose (like real eggs).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Someone posted something like this before and Hope cant be replaced by those mutants. Her role in the resurrection isnt to mimic powers (which those 3 characters do). Its power manipulation, which is what Hickman listed her as omega for. She allows the other 4 powers to be used in unison to perfect the resurrection process. She also amplifies and stabilizes them. Without her, Eva might over or undershoot the aging, all the eggs may not be viable after Proteus and Elixir have done their thing; Hope mitigates this by making it perfect. Mimic nor Synch powers have an external effect on other mutants (Rogue's weakens them). T

I think people are confusing a line mentioned in the data pages but full replacement isnt what was meant. A mutant like Synch can help speed up the process by synching up with any of the 5, including Hope and that may be necesary as they scale up. If Hope isnt around, he is useless to the resurrection. Ditto for Rogue and Mimic

The other mutants are mentioned as assists, not replacements
    Last edited by Havok83; 10-10-2020 at 10:53 AM.

Krakoa is for lovers Blackphoenix's Avatar

Ok, I'm confused by something.

Didn't Krakoa and Arrako fuse back together? So what is the purpose of a gateway linking the two islands? And why did the Four Horsemen cross over to Othersorld in order to get to Krakoa when they could have just walked? I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post

Didn't Krakoa and Arrako fuse back together? So what is the purpose of a gateway linking the two islands? And why did the Four Horsemen cross over to Othersorld in order to get to Krakoa when they could have just walked? I don't get it.
    They split a chunk of Arakko off and sent through.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Blackphoenix View Post

They did not. The Horsemen sent the Arak Maw (the little island Summoner was in X-Men #2). The External Gate is, most likely, located on the volcano that's in Arak Maw (I think. There was no updated map after Apocalypse built that). The Horsemen can't get to the gate yet because they'd have to go through Otherworld and then jump in to invade Krakoa.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

And still no Hellions preview

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Someone posted something like this before and Hope cant be replaced by those mutants. Her role in the resurrection isnt to mimic powers (which those 3 characters do). Its power manipulation, which is what Hickman listed her as omega for. She allows the other 4 powers to be used in unison to perfect the resurrection process. She also amplifies and stabilizes them. Without her, Eva might over or undershoot the aging, all the eggs may not be viable after Proteus and Elixir have done their thing; Hope mitigates this by making it perfect. Mimic nor Synch powers have an external effect on other mutants (Rogue's weakens them). T

I think people are confusing a line mentioned in the data pages but full replacement isnt what was meant. A mutant like Synch can help speed up the process by synching up with any of the 5, including Hope and that may be necesary as they scale up. If Hope isnt around, he is useless to the resurrection. Ditto for Rogue and Mimic

(...)

The other mutants are mentioned as assists, not replacements
    Thanks for clearing that up.

Considering they allready had a way to produce constant new clone bodies for Proteus, it's likely they still have a fallback option to clone any of the 5 the old fashioned way and implant the memories from Cerebro into them if something would happen to them.

A traitor (not necessarily Mystique) could certainly perform a nasty strike against the Protocol if they could kill or at least depower the 5. Not stop it (unless they can reach all Cerebro backups too) of course, but cause a critical delay.

I still consider that an option as a shocking moment down the line.