Page 132 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142182 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2833
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    next issue of marauders won't have fights yet, hellions will be their own thing aside from the tournament. So it is 7 issues including the resolution.
    And read my post again.

This isn't manga. There aren't chapters that are just page after page of dedicated well choreographed fighting. I strongly doubt most comic artists can even do that. So if they even manage to pull it off for 4 issues, like I said it'd be revelatory. Nick Spencer's Avenger's world is still talked about due to that ONE chapter of Shang Chi vs Gorgon. Just cause it's so atypical of Western comic action.

Whats up with everyone wanting to run experiments on mutants. humans, aliens, demons. I mean breeding mutants with demons. Though it makes me think if they are saying breeding mutant and demons is what created summoners then was the father of war baby a demon or is the implication certain mutants just have more in common with demons genetically than humans.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ya, starting to really feel the pad now. Still not hating it though. They are fleshing out the opposition, which since they are interesting im still engaged.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Sometimes I feel weird because I don't understand impatience. 11 whole numbers for only the tournament itself and only fights would be sooooo boring.
    I agree, but at the same time it's all setup and exposition right now. It has become quite clear we didn't need that many issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Ya, starting to really feel the pad now. Still not hating it though. They are fleshing out the opposition, which since they are interesting im still engaged.
    it could had be done a lot better and quicker. They padded too much

My big complaint with the first half of this event is not enough focus on the main storyline and too much diverging into set up for other books. The Cable issue was obviously a teaser for things to come in S.W.O.R.D. and Excalibur was more of Tini Howard's convoluted Captain Britain Corps subplot that continues to go nowhere. I thought New Mutants was a solid exit for Brisson though, and more in line with what I'd hoped to see from the other issues. I liked Doug training and contemplating his own mortality because it really gives you the sense that the Krakoans are the underdogs.

Extraordinary Member

I feel like this crossover is this era's Second Coming. An event that started out great but then seemed to fizzle halfway through, here because of the pacing.

I still think they’re gonna stick the landing.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

If I had to be critical I would say we didn't need XM 14 basically retelling a story just from a different perspective. That could have been the "meet and greet" issue and Marauders 14 be the start of the contest...with the rules and regulations laid out.

(I personally don't see the reason for Wolverine stabbing Saturnyne as it won't necessarily change how things play out but...enh! ....it does raise a question, though: IF She dies, who is next in line to be the Omniversal Majestor/Majestrix?)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I still think they’re gonna stick the landing.
    Theyve had so much time to prepare for this they BETTER stick the landing.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    (I personally don't see the reason for Wolverine stabbing Saturnyne as it won't necessarily change how things play out but...enh! ....it does raise a question, though: IF She dies, who is next in line to be the Omniversal Majestor/Majestrix?)
    Betsy, duh. All she does is steal titles and mantles and bodies and powers from people. *rolls eyes* The writers don't know what to do with her on her own, so why not make her Omniversal Majestrix?
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    If I had to be critical I would say we didn't need XM 14 basically retelling a story just from a different perspective. That could have been the "meet and greet" issue and Marauders 14 be the start of the contest...with the rules and regulations laid out.

I heard Monet was looking for a job.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I heard Monet was looking for a job.
    ...and she would be perfect. Literally.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Spectacular Member

I think the event is doing ok , I really stop caring but that's more the pandemics fault. My excitement has turned into bad anxiety really lol The event should have been over by now and my main issue isn't the world building it's the lack of clarity between Amenth/Arakko/Krakoa/Otherworld in terms of purpose.

After reading the past few week's chapters , I want Genesis/Death/Isca/Redroot/War/Solem/Summoner to survive and join Krakoa.
    Last edited by Npresh24; 11-04-2020 at 04:56 PM.

So far, I'd say there's been more good than bad. I just think that Creation established such an awesome tone and pace that the subsequent books weren't able to keep up. If this is the dip in the middle, then hopefully it will ramp back up towards the climax.