Page 137 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 2833
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Yeah... this was disappointing. Up to this point I've tried to be optimistic about the event, and even though the build up has been very long, I managed to enjoy learning about Amenth and Arakko.

But this... this is just anti-climatic. It reminded me of the last issue of AvX: Vs with the random fights just for fun, like Pixie vs Squirrel Girl. Except those were enjoyable because they were not meant to be serious.
    This event is so bad hahha lots of dumb filler and the fights doesn't pay off

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    This week has been amazing. A tournament in a magical kingdom hosted by a smug, conceited, and spiteful witch? Of course she will laugh at everyone.
    Yeah, it got confusing in Excalibur and then I realized that's the whole point. Saturnyne is just fucking around with them because she can and never intended this to be any fair or make sense.

Mighty Member

White Sword is the best thing about this event.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Yeah, it got confusing in Excalibur and then I realized that's the whole point. Saturnyne is just fucking around with them because she can and never intended this to be any fair or make sense.
    Yep. Absolutely bananas. And I loved it. Completely took the reader’s expectations and flipped them on their ear. Personally I thought it was fun. Frustrating at times, but I think that’s the point. Certainly frustrating to the Krakoans, and that’s what we’re experiencing as well. It’s like they’re taking us on that journey with them.

My $.02.

I expecting a good fight between Magic and Poug ... And what do we get? More wolvierine....

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    He’s the best. What do people make of this Celestial Spire? Is that a reference to The Celestials and their tech? Is he a better apocalypse?

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Yeah, he's a boss. Doesn't take **** off anyone, won't compromise his personal sense of morality. Probably a dangerous lunatic, but you take what you can get.

Wolverine is getting more a showing than most. But thats typical.

Everyone is playing by HER rules and her rules are incomprehensible. It gives a very "fae" or "fair folk" feeling, whimsical and terrible. She is like the queen of Wonderland or Titania, the queen of fairies. She is incomprehensible and capricious.

The tournament really feels like something fairies would do.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yep. Absolutely bananas. And I loved it. Completely took the reader’s expectations and flipped them on their ear. Personally I thought it was fun. Frustrating at times, but I think that’s the point. Certainly frustrating to the Krakoans, and that’s what we’re experiencing as well. It’s like they’re taking us on that journey with them.

My $.02.
    It's just too good. The more I look at it, the better it gets. This was genuinely very fun to read after getting to the wedding in Excalibur because then it all fell into place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

My $.02.
    Clearly the point of all this is to stall the Arrakoans for a few days, who currently think they are winning in points and have no reason yet to look behind the curtain.

I wish the proper battles we got had been a bit more exciting, but I guess this is what people meant about Western comics struggling to depict combat well. Wolverine and Summoner's battle in Blightspoke was really visually creative, at least.

Summoner seemed to be so strong ... So sad

It's just too good. The more I look at it, the better it gets. This was genuinely very fun to read after getting to the wedding in Excalibur because then it all fell into place.
    I agree. Look forward to rereading all the issues to date in one sitting over the weekend, but especially these three that came out today.

I think part of the problem is that it could look like The Lord of the Rings but Otherworld is more like Wonderland. Weird and whimsical magic.

The tone fits perfectly with a dark fairy tale, not epic fantasy.

Astonishing Member

I figured it out this whole event is saturn just screwing with everyone. She is the omiverse troll