Page 139 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    To be fair, he lost twice and was pretty much trolled by everyone.
    Points are not real. No one will count them and they won`t end up important. What is important is that Logan killed Summoner and cut War`s hand.
    One dead villain and one villain without hand is kinda important for last big fight.

Extraordinary Member

So they're basically playing a giant game of 'Whose Line is it Anyway.'

"The show where everything's made up and the points don't matter."

Yeah, now Amenth only has one other unnamed High Summoner, they only had 2. I mentioned it last week, I think the remaining Summoners are going to be recurring villains after X of Swords ends. They seem to have a different agenda than Annihilation and Arakko.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Summoner seemed to be so strong ... So sad
    Stii, I had a feeling.
    My flag is bacon.

Just hoping the endgame is epic. Ill have to re read these again after work.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Opal Luna Saturnyne is the Jeremy Beadle of omni-dimensional overlords.
    You know I am the only person on this board, possibly in the whole of X-fandom who will get this?

But then, I think Logan is Eddie Grundy*, so who am I to talk?

*which makes Jean, Clarrie... and Kurt, Jazza.

Mighty Member

She going to let them all win. And as they’re going through the External gate Cyclops is going to annihilate them with The Peak, which will destroy the Arakki and the External gate. It’s a win win for Saturnyne. The Peak is the final sword.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Points are not real. No one will count them and they won`t end up important. What is important is that Logan killed Summoner and cut War`s hand.
    One dead villain and one villain without hand is kinda important for last big fight.
    Honestly I thought this characters to be too powerful for the matches of Apocalypse and his "Horsemen" but now this is just bleh.

I have really liked most of Arakko's Swordbearers. Isca is narcissistic but she does it with grace, she is fun. White Sword is cool, noble and badass. Death is surprisingly funny, with his crush on Storm and religious devotion. Bei and Redroot are cool too. Pogg Ur-Pogg is a giant crocodile who speaks rhymingly, I love him. Solem is perhaps too similar to Loki but not bad.

I am very happy with the new characters introduced. The only ones I don't really like are Genesis, War, and Summoner.

This crossover has had some major pacing issues. This will go down as one of the stories that started off very strong and went downhill even faster. XOS is a dud for me

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

OK that was kinda fun but we went from "Y'all are fucked" to "Grab on to some Duck Tales".

Hickman please.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Here's the problem. Until this week the event has been built up as this super serious tournament that will decide the fate of mutantkind and the world. The resurrections protocols were rendered useless to emphasize the danger the chosen combatants were in. Both sides were plotting and scheming and attempting murder to get an edge. The build-up was dragged on and on.

And then when the tournament actually starts it turns out to be a big joke.
    Exactly. I enjoyed bits and pieces of this week's issues, but as the payoff of all this build up it fell flat for me. I think I get what they are going for, but it's just not working for me.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    Exactly. I enjoyed bits and pieces of this week's issues, but as the payoff of all this build up it fell flat for me. I think I get what they are going for, but it's just not working for me.
    If they wanted this to be pay off, then the crossover should have had much less issues. And they could.

The pay off is probably the next one-shot.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Ok...did we need to lose so much time in Marauders with Logan being "funny" and having poor manners at the table? Or could we have sepnd some time building the tension between Betsy and Isca and then the sexual tension between Bei and Doug?

And this whole event has like zero serious sword fighting ? It's all just Saturnyne being shady?
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 11-11-2020 at 11:45 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...