Page 171 of 189 FirstFirst ... 71121161167168169170171172173174175181 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    The Apocalypse who agreed with his wife that he was weaker?
    Apocalypse was weaker. He was the weakest and was banished to become strong. Keep in mind Storm killed death and Wolverine chopped deaths hand off.

So far White Sword seems the most impressive and Gorgon was superb

I said it earlier, but I'll say it again: Arrako (and Amneth; screw all this fanfic nonsense) are just Jason Aaron's Final Host with a smidge more attention. In fact I'd say they're worse because despite showing up more and being around longer, they've actually gotten less impressive and failed to live up to the even larger hype.

Both groups are built up by narration as hot ****. They're world ending threats that nobody could possibly stand against. And then they mostly stand around looking cool and proceed to get their **** kicked in immediately. Its laughable. THESE were supposed to be the guys all that buildup was about? Apparently fighting demons for thousands of years makes you great at walking the catwalk, eating, spelling and doing puzzles, but in fights they actually suck.

Mighty Member

Here's the issue. These guys aren't losing the mutant gene arms race. Most of these fights don't even really involve these mutants abilities. The only two that put up anything remotely resembling a decent fight were Isca and Summoner. Death lost to a drunk, powerless Storm, War lost to a drunk Wolverine

Most everyone's abilities didn't even play a factor. We don't even know what Arrako swords(besides Masamune and Pogg Ur Pogg) do

Death - Death Stare
    War - Living fire
    Redroot - Field of decay
    White Sword - Healing
    Summoner - Invulnerability
    Solem - Adamantium skin
    Bei - Doom Note
    Genesis - Botomancy(?)
    isca - Can't lose

These are all powers that could have been implemented and we only got 4 of them and it's all of the least interesting ones.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Here's the issue. These guys aren't losing the mutant gene arms race. Most of these fights don't even really involve these mutants abilities. The only two that put up anything remotely resembling a decent fight were Isca and Summoner. Death lost to a drunk, powerless Storm, War lost to a drunk Wolverine

Most everyone's abilities didn't even play a factor. We don't even know what Arrako swords(besides Masamune and Pogg Ur Pogg) do

Death - Death Stare
    War - Living fire
    Redroot - Field of decay
    White Sword - Healing
    Summoner - Invulnerability
    Solem - Adamantium skin
    Bei - Doom Note
    Genesis - Botomancy(?)
    isca - Can't lose

These are all powers that could have been implemented and we only got 4 of them and it's all of the least interesting ones.
    Most of the 'fights' have been anti-climax with them not using their mutant powers at all or even their swords.

This crossover has been a sham so far.

Extraordinary Member

No previews for next week's books?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Both groups are built up by narration as hot ****. They're world ending threats that nobody could possibly stand against. And then they mostly stand around looking cool and proceed to get their **** kicked in immediately. Its laughable. THESE were supposed to be the guys all that buildup was about? Apparently fighting demons for thousands of years makes you great at walking the catwalk, eating, spelling and doing puzzles, but in fights they actually suck.
    I'm allready tempted to file them under "Neo 2.0 Ghost Box people", becuase they have elements of both and also seem to go down the same route in how their introduction stories play out. Also where their fates might lead.

Maybe they can still turn it around the next 3 issues and the aftermath, but that the moment it looks grim for their longlivity in the comic continuity as a collective group.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    To be quite honest...I no longer care. This week's books tried to dispel the disappointment of last week, only with very minimum success. I'm hoping Destruction does something momentous but I'm not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-20-2020 at 05:08 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    To be quite honest...I no longer care. This week's books tried to dispel the disappointment of last week, only with very minimum success. I'm hoping Destruction does something momentous but I'm not holding my breath.
    Only thing we can be sure of: the Larraz art will be momentous.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Only thing we can be sure of: the Larraz art will be momentous.
    There is that to look forward to...thankfully.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    First...

"Giving Up..." your sword was not an option.

Second...

Designed for "Mojoverse..." gladiator deathmatches. Big fish in a really, really, small pond.

Gorgon? Gone up against gods, and came out on top.

The idea that Shatterstar was a superior call is seriously suspect.
    Marvel wiki has less of a gap between them than youd think, with their "fighting skills" evenly matched at tier 6. So seeing Shatterstar against those 20 putties would strategically be better

Marvel wiki and power ranks can`t be trusted, really. Most of them are usually incorrect at best.
    Last edited by Purplevit; 11-20-2020 at 07:09 AM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Marvel wiki and power ranks can`t be trusted, really. Most of them are usually incorrect at best.
    Dammit, thats what ive bern using to keep my stop motion project straight lol

But if numbers arbitrarily made-up by fans could be wrong, what else could be wrong?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Why bother? The January/February solicitations pretty much ruined anything that would even vaguely resemble suspense, right?

Anyway. Still can't believe no one's joked about the Arakko Champions being the ultimate anti-slasher movie villain. I mean, seriously, were they presented as a legitimate threat for a full fifteen minutes worth or reading?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Why bother? The January/February solicitations pretty much ruined anything that would even vaguely resemble suspense, right?
    Exactly. Even the panic over Doug doesn't matter anymore.

Sucks to be Gorgon. RIP Bozo.
    "Cable was right!"