Page 175 of 189 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 2833
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    In my head, I'm thinking Logan suspected something was up when Doug was chosen as one of the warriors to "fight" for Krakoa.
    I'm sure the human mind can think of different things but it was never mentioned in the comic.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Wolvie was moaning about Wee Dougie possibly dying without having never been married, and then five minutes later he suddenly was. Talk about jinxing it!
    Logan: Cable's never been married.
    Old Nathan in his grave: You ****ing Canadian.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Hickman, Ewing and Gage. Let's roll.
    If you add Wells, Waid and Coates to quench the thirst of Storm's fans, it's pretty solid. I hear good things of McCay too.

I think one of the main reasons of reader whiplash is that it's split between Hickman/Howard (9 issues, counting Creation, Stasis and Destruction) and Percy/Duggan (8 issues, most of which they wrote together). Which are writers of books with pretty different approaches and pacing. Makes it kinda uneven.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I will go a step further I know everything reads better in trades but X-swords will read a lot better than other bad things people comparing it too when people can read as one completed version. Waiting week to week isn't do this book any favors especially on the X-men forums were a bunch of people want to see different things from the franchise and X-of Swords isn't it. The expectations of people expecting of X of swords to be one thing and showing up next week and it isn't that is probably the most harmful thing to book. People where expecting this hyper aggressive consequence filled death match and X of swords turn out to be funky magic tournament with occasional death matches. Reading it all in one go through and reading week to week expecting every week for this to be week where the it turns into aggressive death matches will be completely different experiences. I expect in the future when interacting with newer fans people who read event will wonder what people are complaining about to be honest.

I think it is fair to say it isn't a great event, but this event big flaws is matching the expectations, I think that is more flaw how the event was advertised to fans , I think X of Swords "A grand magic tournament for the fate of Krakoa" and X of Swords" deathmatch for the fate of Krakoa" are two clearly different things and would have evoked two different feelings.

-This event would absolutely kill in animated format, Actually come to think of the House of X and Dawn of X era would make for a great animated series, Every single X-man and enemy probably in history is available for use.
    Agreed. Overall I would give this a B. Even though I am enjoying it, I won't lie and say that I'm a little disappointed because of how it was marketed. The event is solid so far however I understand why some people may not like it. Also, to your'e point about Creation/Stasis/Destruction, its no coincidence those are the most well received issues mainly because of Hickman. This event would have been stronger had Hickman done the all or a majority of the writing duties.

Most of the marketing/interviews talked about this as "Lol X-Men all getting swords because it's cool xD" so I don't know what y'all are on about complaining that they baited everyone by presenting it as super serious.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Most of the marketing/interviews talked about this as "Lol X-Men all getting swords because it's cool xD" so I don't know what y'all are on about complaining that they baited everyone by presenting it as super serious.
    First issues was pretty serious, so yes it was bait

First ten issues were really serious. I would give the event an F, because while the first half is decent-to-good (except the Storm issue), the latter half actually brings down the first part by rendering it all pointless. The early good parts are made worse by the latter half being a joke. And its just, so, long and so little has actually happened. It would be beating a dead horse at this point to go over the basic writing and plotting mis-steps of this event, and I don't think however it ends next week can keep it from feeling like a colossal waste of time.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    First issues was pretty serious, so yes it was bait
    Agreed. The battles were anticlimactic. It's not even that some were silly (like the wedding), but badly executed. There was a poster on here who presented the battles just as they happened but with a tone similar to the first half of this event, and that presentation worked even though they changed nothing to the story.

The event started off great, became pointless and hopefully will deliver a good conclusion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Logan: Cable's never been married.
    Old Nathan in his grave: You ****ing Canadian.
    But... Nathan's wife was Aliya Dayspring a.k.a. Jenskot.

BANNED

I honestly think this event is going to cause people to drop books unless these last 3 issues really knock it out of the park.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I honestly think this event is going to cause people to drop books unless these last 3 issues really knock it out of the park.
    It could be the last straw for those who were already on the fence, but I think a lot of these books had already lost a lot of the readers who were just trying things out based on Hickman buzz so whatever drop we see will mostly be the correction from the event sales bump. Not to split hairs as I certainly do not expect this event to convince many if any readers to add more X-books.

The thing is that we havent been able to see how much readership has dropped for each book. Or how much of a spike they got from this event.

I'm really curious about Excalibur, Hellions, and New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    But... Nathan's wife was Aliya Dayspring a.k.a. Jenskot.

He was also married to a woman name Hope, who died in the future. Hope is named for her. So he’s been married at least twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m a little underwhelmed by it, but have enjoyed it for the most part. Some of the silliness I could do without honestly. But the serious moments have been solid. And some of the silly parts were at least amusing.

Wolverine #7 is my single favorite comic from any event in recent memory. Probably since Second Coming at least, which had some badass moments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    For me personally, all of the Wolverine stuff(and Storm) has been the best part of this crossover so far.
    I would say the Logan and Storm stuff are the best, especially the fight with Summoner (rip). After that Gorgon and Magik have been nothing but entertaining, even if there was an arm wrestling match and a tiny dude wearing his sword.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

Having Pogg wear his sword seems like cheating since he was in 2 matches where the rule was 'no swords.'