Page 176 of 189 FirstFirst ... 76126166172173174175176177178179180186 ... LastLast
Results 2,626 to 2,640 of 2833
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The thing is that we havent been able to see how much readership has dropped for each book. Or how much of a spike they got from this event.

I'm really curious about Excalibur, Hellions, and New Mutants.
    New Mutants has only one issue and it's early in the event so there'll be a bump. Marauders has 3 issues in the event so I'm not sure about that. The Wolverine books probably got a raise.
    "Cable was right!"

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    First issues was pretty serious, so yes it was bait
    Two (and a half) deaths in the first 2 parts.
    People crying for Cypher.
    Logan goes to Hell
    Storm breaks into Wakanda.
    The Summers family fighting aliens on a space station.

Then you get...
    Apocalypse crying.
    Schism Logan.
    Unsolicited simping.
    Over-hyped joke villains.
    Party games.
    Hippie wedding.

Good grief.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Logan goes to Hell

Then you get...
    Apocalypse crying.
    Schism Logan.
    Unsolicited simping.
    Party games.
    Hippie wedding.

Good grief.
    Don’t forget Kid Cable — a guy who literally executed himself for being too soft — not being able to take the kill shot in his fight and crying to mommy and daddy afterwards about it. F@#$ing A. What’re these folks at Marvel even doing anymore? Do they know anything about the characters they’re writing. Give Cable to someone who will do him justice please or just don’t use him.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Don’t forget Kid Cable — a guy who literally executed himself for being too soft — not being able to take the kill shot in his fight and crying to mommy and daddy afterwards about it. F@#$ing A. What’re these folks at Marvel even doing anymore? Do they know anything about the characters they’re writing. Give Cable to someone who will do him justice please or just don’t use him.
    I think it might be a good idea to move Kid Cable past his bad origin into a more interesting, complex and human version. It’s not like his origin was iconic.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Logan goes to Hell

Then you get...
    Apocalypse crying.
    Schism Logan.
    Unsolicited simping.
    Party games.
    Hippie wedding.

Good grief.
    The event has been a MAJOR let down. The path to x of swords was way better than the crossover itself.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    I'll say it again... I feel like only reading Creation, Stasis, and Destruction would make this a great event. Of course, we'll have to see if Destruction sticks the landing in writing as well as the obviously awesome art.

In terms of the entire crossover... No. There was too much BS 'humour'. There's a place for the funny stuff in even the most serious situation but that place in XoS was strictly in Hellions where it was done well and was consistent with the book's established tone. Playing it straight with mutants fighting to the death with swords and powers is a great concept, one which didn't need to be subverted or, at least, not as badly subverted as it was here. Having two or three of the ten fights end in ridiculous ways might have worked, too, depending on exactly how those conflicts were resolved. Definitely no marriages, though. I hope the inevitable cosmic crossover is handled far better.
    Seconded, we were made to believe this was some epic Mortal Kombat style event with the realm at stake and we got a wedding,drinking/eating competitions and a catwalk? Really? An event like this didn't need that kind of BS! We could have easily had an event of like 2 fights per issue.The only fights we had were Isca -Betsy , Logan-Summoner ,Ororo-Death , Bei-Cable and Gorgon-White Sword ..I don't count Logan-War fight since Logan was fighting for the opposing side.All fights save the Gorgon one were jokes in comparison how they were built up. This has been a disaster in terms of an event, but the saving grace is it introduced some cool characters White Sword,Isca,Solem and Tarn the Uncaring

Amazing Member

Rockslide died for this? For dumb party games?

Astonishing Member

If I was the writers before the event is done ,I have a secret revealed by Solem that Arrako in their time at Amenth sent parties of some 10 Arrako mutants that Solem was part of while he went to Crooked market , each other single mutant went to Blightspoke,Hothive,Mercator and so on and never returned. Jaspers revealed to Solem he knows what happened to them and would augment his skin with adamantium and could help him get them back on condition that the 9 once found ,owe Jaspers an 'assignment'. So that this quest story is not a one and done
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-24-2020 at 09:00 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm thinking it. I'm not going to say it...but I am thinking it.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Y'all really like to whine because this event isn't the anime bullscat you had scripted in your head. Some of the contests are silly, yes, but that doesn't change the stakes of the contests. Saturnyne literally gave a vision to Logan showing just how much is on the line. The sillier contests also have generally taken up much less space than the more serious battles. Summoner, Death, and Gorgon have all died in battle. Betsy is MIA and presumed dead, War lost her hand, Redroot has been imprisoned by a mad reality warper, Brian owes Saturnyne a favor, a good chunk of the Hellions were brutally killed by the Locus Vile. And the event isn't over, there is obviously more fighting coming, but it won't be some cliche tournament arc. If that's what you're looking for go watch Dragonball Z or something, idk.

My overall feeling on this event is that is...acceptable, some funny moments, some cringe moments, but overall is an ok story, still annoyed to have all the books take an hiatus for their storylines, but that's Marvel since 2006.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I think it might be a good idea to move Kid Cable past his bad origin into a more interesting, complex and human version. It’s not like his origin was iconic.
    Sure. Just overwrite the character entirely. Or create a new one. But that would involve being actually creative.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Is it wrong of me that I sort of wanted this event to be more of a cliche tournament crossover?
    A battle each issue, in different surroundings with different goals (not these stupid rules like an arm wrestle, mind) would have been far more thrilling...and let us feel fear as Arrako won more and more. Instead we’ve had a points system that doesn’t quite make sense.
    If we’d watch it edge towards a tie ahead of the big Apocalypse fight then I wouldn’t have minded as much.

Also, Gorgon should have won every battle he was in. He was too badass to kill in Hickmans first crossover

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Sure. Just overwrite the character entirely. Or create a new one. But that would involve being actually creative.
    What are you suggesting try new things and user the character who fits the story better even if their not the popular one. If they did that how could I watch the same group of a dozen characters be used over and over again geting mangled to fit storys they have no reasion being use and becoming mangled convoluted parodys of then self for naustalga bate in a loop of regression and stagnation.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Just as we are approaching the finale of this X-over, with the last 3 chapters being released tomorrow, I just wanted to throw in my $0.02 and say I've been enjoy X of Swords immensely: I think the X-books are at their best when all the writers involved work in concert to create a single, unified narrative and boy did they deliver. The story flows seamlessly from one issue to the other, the stakes are high, the characters both old and new are engaging and the abrupt change of tone towards the comedic was a brilliant and hilarious masterstroke.

I have a feeling tomorrow's issues will bring back a more serious tone and higher stakes - as far as I'm concerned the bar has been set pretty high by the various creative teams so I have very high hopes for a good ending.

The one writer I unfortunately have to single out as a negative is Tini Howard on her solo Excalibur efforts. Her writing, pacing, character work just don't work for me, all of her Excalibur run has been very boring and an utter waste of an otherwise excellent cast of characters.