Page 178 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 2,656 to 2,670 of 2833
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Don’t forget Kid Cable — a guy who literally executed himself for being too soft — not being able to take the kill shot in his fight and crying to mommy and daddy afterwards about it. F@#$ing A. What’re these folks at Marvel even doing anymore? Do they know anything about the characters they’re writing. Give Cable to someone who will do him justice please or just don’t use him.
    I'm sure that Duggan is retconning it, that Cable knew that kid cable would kill him so he just let the kid do the service.

No way this kid cble is tougher than adult Cable

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Oh and another thing I'll add as a positive: I overwhelmingly like crossovers done as part of the ongoing books (XoS style, or most X-Men crossovers really) rather than having a titular mini and then so many tie-ins I wanna vomit just when reading the solicits (hello, King in Black).

90% of the times tie-ins are useless, add nothing to the main narrative and are entirely skippable. There are exceptions (for example I thought DC's Blackest Night was extremely well-executed from start to finish) but generally speaking having the story run through the existing books helps writers keep the focus on the main story and characters without straying too far with useless spin-off stories. In XoS's case, the one book outside the main story was Hellions and that delivered some of the best parts of the crossover, so I really have no complaints there.
    Completely agree with all of this.

X0S had the appeal of incorporating the books without any extraneous tie-ins much like the x-overs of yore like FotM and Inferno.
    Unfortunately half way through it just got weird and silly seemingly endless. We just had a 22 issue crossover in the space of two months...that's a really fast turnout...but then it feels as though we've been reading this event since bloody March.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I'd much rather a billion tie ins than having the main crossover book be needlessly padded for so much. At least the tie ins make clear which ones are the main story and which is just fluff

Tie-ins are by their very nature additional padding to a story/event that's already padded. That's been the Marvel/DC event formula for the past two decades plus...and the reason why I don't read/follow events outside of the books I'm reading.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I'd much rather a billion tie ins than having the main crossover book be needlessly padded for so much. At least the tie ins make clear which ones are the main story and which is just fluff
    Cheaper, same writer and artist. Much better storytelling than whatever was XoS. X of scam

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Oh and another thing I'll add as a positive: I overwhelmingly like crossovers done as part of the ongoing books (XoS style, or most X-Men crossovers really) rather than having a titular mini and then so many tie-ins I wanna vomit just when reading the solicits (hello, King in Black).

90% of the times tie-ins are useless, add nothing to the main narrative and are entirely skippable. There are exceptions (for example I thought DC's Blackest Night was extremely well-executed from start to finish) but generally speaking having the story run through the existing books helps writers keep the focus on the main story and characters without straying too far with useless spin-off stories. In XoS's case, the one book outside the main story was Hellions and that delivered some of the best parts of the crossover, so I really have no complaints there.
    I feel the opposite. I agree that 90% of tie-ins are useless and skippable, they are designed that way so you can just buy the main event issues and get the full story. With x of swords you are forced to buy 24 issues to follow the story.

So should we just make a thread for all 3 issues tomorrow? since they all are so interconnected with eachother.

I know a lot of us are disappointed but I feel like the next 2 issues will have some good surprises for us.

One of those issues is Excalibur.

Oops I meant three. I’m sure TH saved the best for last.

No preview for "Destruction?"

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    No preview for "Destruction?"
    Only preview was X-Men this week. Neither Excalibur nor Destruction had previews. Probably saving spoilers is my guess.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Only preview was X-Men this week. Neither Excalibur nor Destruction had previews. Probably saving spoilers is my guess.
    I'm guessing they have major spoilers, similar to this weeks Suicide Squad

read them today.. enjoyable books hope u guys like

Spectacular Member sensormellow's Avatar

Ah well. At least this one is over. At least the art was phenomenal.

The tonal shift really destroyed this crossover. I'm not going to repeat points that other folks have said so much better, but I really just have to say: using cliche and predictable tropes could really work if executed well. But no, the X-Office literally went, "Oh cool an arm wrestling AND a wedding they won't see this coming lololol." What was the point of Hellions even??? (even if it's the best in this storyline, right after the specials).

I'm looking forward to how the status quo changes post-XOS.

Extraordinary Member

I think I figured out where this event went wrong when reading X-Men just now.

For an event called 'X of Swords,' the writing staff seems to have had very little interest in the actual swords or the sword fights. Even with the more serious tone, they just couldn't focus on the fight the entire event had been leading up to. That's why it suddenly turned into a farce, because they didn't care about the premise in the first place.

If the subject matter doesn't interest you, then don't write about it in the first place.