Page 179 of 189 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,685 of 2833
    Extraordinary Member

Also, they literally forgot that the X-Men have access to a demon army of their own to fight on their side.

Amazing Member

Preview Excalibur #15
    https://m.comixology.com/Excalibur-2...S90cmFkZUl0ZW0

Look like the war finally begins.

Can it stick the landing lol... A lot of people of people are going to be eating their words today.

I can't wait to talk about these books today

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Can it stick the landing lol... A lot of people of people are going to be eating their words today.

I can't wait to talk about these books today
    I hope I will not 'eating my word' for saying that ONLY Creation, Stasis, and Destruction are worth reading...fingers crossed the last issue will be great again and all the mediocre nonsense in between will be forgotten...Nobody wants the X-Men series we are reading to fail but we want good entertainment...

Again, I do not see the problem with being critical about it.
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-25-2020 at 03:01 AM.

Wow. If the last 6 issues were like this it would have been an epic event. But the shenanigans make sense to ME since Otherworld is quirky as F. People will point out the flaws of this event but these last 3 issues really made this so much better for me. I'm just still curious about a few things.

Also Asrar and Larraz were epic. Caselli was good as well.

There is a new status quo folks. It's gonna be intersting.
    Last edited by CGAR; 11-25-2020 at 08:59 AM.

Amazing Member

And preview of the final chapter. X of Swords: Destruction, including spoilers.

https://m.comixology.com/X-Of-Swords...l-comic/887330

Also I think the above is a huge spoiler.

Mighty Member

The last stretch of this event is really solid, but also helps emphasize how much the tournament section of this event sucks.

Extraordinary Member

It was better than the previous 2 weeks, but still not as good as the first half of the event. I have a serious problem with X-Men 15 which I said shows the fundamental problem with the entire event, and the conclusion ultimately boiled down to a bunch of stuff that have been predicted many times on these boards. In the end there's no twist to justify the earlier turn to absurdity and it ends with the predictable spectacle.

I really enjoyed that. Loved the last 3 issues and Saturnynes explanation for how she set the events in motion by holding those games. Very strong end to the arc and all the more interesting is what happened in issue 15

Just wish Emma and Saturnyne met

Also can't wait for the next auditions for QC2020
    Last edited by ExodusCloak; 11-25-2020 at 05:21 AM.

Amazing Member

Last three chapters were great. Loved the X-Men issue.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Brian M.; 11-25-2020 at 05:55 AM.

The page at the end, made me agree with the Xavier re: the X-Men = aristocracy and this should be avoided in Krakoa

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    It was better than the previous 2 weeks, but still not as good as the first half of the event. I have a serious problem with X-Men 15 which I said shows the fundamental problem with the entire event, and the conclusion ultimately boiled down to a bunch of stuff that have been predicted many times on these boards. In the end there's no twist to justify the earlier turn to absurdity and it ends with the predictable spectacle.
    that is why I don't think it strike the landing, everyone predicted how it would happen. it doesn't erase how boring most of the event was

So what was the point of all that sword collecting in the first half other than stretching out the story? The event would've had a much more consistent tone and better pacing if they just went straight to the wacky tournament.

And despite the fact that the event is mostly based on CB mythology Betsy and Brian ended up having the most underwhelming roles. Even Betsy's AU duplicates had more to do. And speaking of which, I almost feel bad for Saturnyne. She wanted a Brian harem but ended up with a Betsy harem, lol.

Overall it wasn't good, but still better than fanfic crap like AvX and IvX. Those were just hideous.
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 11-25-2020 at 06:54 AM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    The last stretch of this event is really solid, but also helps emphasize how much the tournament section of this event sucks.
    Yupp.

I also thought it felt rushed...which could have been avoided if the last two weeks of chapters were better executed.
    You can probably skip the "tournament" section and jump from Stasis to XM15 onwards and the story would still be cohesive.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!