Page 184 of 189 FirstFirst ... 84134174180181182183184185186187188 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 2833

Pretty nice finish to the story. Ironically, the actual contest was the worst element of the event by far.
    They certainly should have made the fights (and the swords) matter a lot more than they did in the end, which made many of us disappointed after so many issues of set up.
    It would probably have been the best X-crossover of all time if the contest had been better written to maintain the established tone instead of playing everything for laughs with no sense of real danger even when characters "died".
    But they kind of made up for it with these last few issues.
    So great set-up (if a little slow - i.e. two Wolverine/Solem issues weren't needed), pretty bad middle and a strong finish made this a mostly entertaining but pretty uneven X-crossover.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Pretty nice finish to the story. Ironically, the actual contest was the worst element of the event by far.
    They certainly should have made the fights (and the swords) matter a lot more than they did in the end, which made many of us disappointed after so many issues of set up.
    It would probably have been the best X-crossover of all time if the contest had been better written to maintain the established tone instead of playing everything for laughs with no sense of real danger even when characters "died".
    But they kind of made up for it with these last few issues.
    So great set-up (if a little slow - i.e. two Wolverine/Solem issues weren't needed), pretty bad middle and a strong finish made this a mostly entertaining but pretty uneven X-crossover.
    Absolutely this...

Extraordinary Member

So Captain Bishop was in 2 panels and had no lines. Why did they make him a captain?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    They're certainly corrupt enough to be one.
    Soon Shaw will be off the council,leaving the only corrupt one being Sinister.The rest except Storm( incompetent diplomat) and Emma(was pushing UN members to tow her and Krakoa's line) are good Apoc has restored original territory and its exiled people.Magnus and X are restoring the Genoshans bit by bit, Nightcrawler is the spiritual counsel, Exodus is patriotic.I don't see many bad leaders.X and Magnus could be more open about their future for Krakoa ,but who knows Moira could have lived through a life where revealing the hand early leads to their demise for example life 6, so maybe they are justified for now(though not indefinitely).Mystique is portrayed the way she is because she peered beyond the 'veil' via Destiny so it's a predicament for X and Magnus she doesn't believe in Krakoa they do and at this point they have the clout
    Last edited by Rev9; 11-26-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So Captain Bishop was in 2 panels and had no lines. Why did they make him a captain?
    Many were just wallpaper, like what I said previously, they should have given the rest of the 'extra' X-Men more panels in the previous filler issues which would have made the event more memorable.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    To be a token. He never participated on the captain plan or callled responsability because he is a captain.
    Last edited by baxer; 11-26-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Soon Shaw will be off the council,leaving the only corrupt one being Sinister.The rest except Storm( incompetent diplomat) and Emma(was pushing UN members to tow her and Krakoa's line) are good Apoc has restored original territory and its exiled people.Magnus and X are restoring the Genoshans bit by bit, Nightcrawler is the spiritual counsel, Exodus is patriotic.I don't see many bad leaders.X and Magnus could be more open about their future for Krakoa ,but who knows Moira could have lived through a life where revealing the hand early leads to their demise for example life 6, so maybe they are justified for now(though not indefinitely).Mystique is portrayed the way she is because she peered beyond the 'veil' via Destiny so it's a predicament for X and Magnus she doesn't believe in Krakoa they do and at this point they have the clout
    Exodus is a fanatic, there's a difference. X and Magnus have bluntly told Moira that her role is over, she has no say in what they do anymore.

As I've said elsewhere, can we stop pretending that the Quiet Council actually represents mutants and is a hypocritical aristocratic oligarchy that protects the elite in spite of their crimes (Hello, Sebastian Shaw)?

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, can we stop pretending that the Quiet Council actually represents mutants and is a hypocritical aristocratic oligarchy that protects the elite in spite of their crimes (Hello, Sebastian Shaw)?
    Has anyone been pretending this? At least for the Council as a whole?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Not me...nope.
    With tPoS and Sinister on the Council I knew that as a whole they wouldn't be 100% altruistic. It was quite obvious from day one.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Not me...nope.
    With tPoS and Sinister on the Council I knew that as a whole they wouldn't be 100% altruistic. It was quite obvious from day one.
    Yeah, I predict anyone who isn't Emma, Kurt, Ororo or Kate is heading for a fall at the end of this, and it indeed seem obvious.

Jean already left.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Yeah, I predict anyone who isn't Emma, Kurt, Ororo or Kate is heading for a fall at the end of this, and it indeed seem obvious.

Jean already left.
    Exactatiously.

The QC falling apart was foreshadowed from the very beginning with the inclusion of those shady-AF characters.
    Even before HiX-Man (or was it JDW?) suggested that the established "quo" will not remain the same for very long.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Judging by the person I was quoting, at least some people.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    To be a token. He never participated on the captain plan or callled responsability because he is a captain.
    But Gorgon's Japanese and he got screen time.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

I'm not a fan of Bishop. But I do think he should be getting some more respect if he's a war captain. Sure he uses guns instead of swords, but someone in his position should be allowed to do something. At the very least he could have had a moment in the finale. Not everyone in the splash page needed one, but something to show he was in a leadership position.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    But Gorgon's Japanese and he got screen time.
    That doesn't change anything, he is a Hickman's pet character from his secret warriors/shield book. He barely had screen time on x-men books and was a sword bearer of course he got some screen time. And he was the only one to die besides Santo