Page 185 of 189 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186187188189 LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 2833
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    That doesn't change anything, he is a Hickman's pet character from his secret warriors/shield book. He barely had screen time on x-men books and was a sword bearer of course he got some screen time. And he was the only one to die besides Santo
    What does this matter?

Writers should use who they want to use. If a writer doesn't want to use a character much if at all, it's for the best that they don't.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What does this matter?

Writers should use who they want to use. If a writer doesn't want to use a character much if at all, it's for the best that they don't.
    people here love to point out other writers pets character, and that is important because show that it was a personal inclusion

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Pretty nice finish to the story. Ironically, the actual contest was the worst element of the event by far.
    They certainly should have made the fights (and the swords) matter a lot more than they did in the end, which made many of us disappointed after so many issues of set up.
    It would probably have been the best X-crossover of all time if the contest had been better written to maintain the established tone instead of playing everything for laughs with no sense of real danger even when characters "died".
    But they kind of made up for it with these last few issues.
    So great set-up (if a little slow - i.e. two Wolverine/Solem issues weren't needed), pretty bad middle and a strong finish made this a mostly entertaining but pretty uneven X-crossover.
    Gotta disagree. There have been some terrible X-crossovers in the past, but X of Swords is unquestionably the worst. I felt like I was reading someone's plot point checklist rather than an actual story with weight and meaning. As far as I'm concerned, Jonathan Hickman is a half-talented hack who doesn't understand his own story. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Storm almost caused an international incident to claim a sword whose purpose was, ultimately, to be used in a manner no different than any other polished, reflective sword by any idiot who's watched Clash of the Titans. Doug Ramsey is now in love with and married to someone he hadn't known until five minutes ago just because he can't understand her? And how exactly did refusing to yield in a one-on-one duel turn into an all-out war? Apocalypse's children were supposed to be his most powerful Horsemen ever, yet two of them were defeated by mutants who didn't even have their powers at the time? I didn't have high expectations for this run, but I expected better than this.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    What does this matter?

No, writers should use characters that are most suitable for the story or the situation at hand. That Hickman has repeatedly shown he doesn't understand this proves he's not the great writer he's been hyped to be.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LogosPundit View Post
    No, writers should use characters that are most suitable for the story or the situation at hand. That Hickman has repeatedly shown he doesn't understand this proves he's not the great writer he's been hyped to be.
    But since writers are the ones creating the stories in the first place, they can just craft ones where they can use their favourite characters.
    "Cable was right!"

Clue: The most suitable character in any given situation is the one whose appreciation thread you have the most posts in.

BANNED

That is the ideal situation, but some writers can't help their favorites and destroy a established character traits

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    That is the ideal situation, but some writers can't help their favorites and destroy a established character traits
    Using Gorgon in a battle to the death is extremely ideal for the situation. Don’t @ me about the other goofball competitions.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So Captain Bishop was in 2 panels and had no lines. Why did they make him a captain?
    In my head canon, there was a moving scene of Bishop rallying the volunteers in Krakoa before they teleported to the Peak/S.W.O.R.D., like a drill sargeant. Wasn't he noted as running some kind of training for power combinations in wartime? Would have been a great page or two setting up that 'to me my X-Men' splash page. As a trained mutant police commander and detective, he's been underutilized in this Krakoa experiment. Him and Sage are nominally involved, but they could be so much more!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    In my head canon, there was a moving scene of Bishop rallying the volunteers in Krakoa before they teleported to the Peak/S.W.O.R.D., like a drill sargeant. Wasn't he noted as running some kind of training for power combinations in wartime? Would have been a great page or two setting up that 'to me my X-Men' splash page. As a trained mutant police commander and detective, he's been underutilized in this Krakoa experiment. Him and Sage are nominally involved, but they could be so much more!
    This is now in my head cannon also. Thank you.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Extraordinary Member

And he was doing that at the same time Cyclops was giving the council his mind so they'd be in sync when the time came to put the plan in motion. I'll take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    This is now in my head cannon also. Thank you.
    My pleasure.

Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    So Captain Bishop was in 2 panels and had no lines. Why did they make him a captain?
    Diversity quota?

BANNED

nah. what I want is see him doing things on page, headcanons just distract from the cold truth

Astonishing Member

Gotta disagree. There have been some terrible X-crossovers in the past, but X of Swords is unquestionably the worst. I felt like I was reading someone's plot point checklist rather than an actual story with weight and meaning. As far as I'm concerned, Jonathan Hickman is a half-talented hack who doesn't understand his own story. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Storm almost caused an international incident to claim a sword whose purpose was, ultimately, to be used in a manner no different than any other polished, reflective sword by any idiot who's watched Clash of the Titans. Doug Ramsey is now in love with and married to someone he hadn't known until five minutes ago just because he can't understand her? And how exactly did refusing to yield in a one-on-one duel turn into an all-out war? Apocalypse's children were supposed to be his most powerful Horsemen ever, yet two of them were defeated by mutants who didn't even have their powers at the time? I didn't have high expectations for this run, but I expected better than this.
    We're all entitled to our opinions and imo XoS is miles better than the dreck we got with Battle of the Atom, Disassembled, and Age of X-man.