Page 24 of 189 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474124 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As readers..we just have to hunker down with our back issues...for the duration.
    Retailers...those that aren't mandated to close their doors...could sell back issues at drastically reduced prices to get rid of stagnant/dead stock and generate some income (every little bit counts).
    Those in authority...figure out what's best for the industry now and going forward.

It may feel like a Brood Invasion catastrophe presently but...the X-Men ALWAYS save the day, in the end, and the Earth goes back to some semblance of normalcy.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

My local shop just posted saying this will be the last week for new books for a while. Guess I'll go scoop em' up in the next day or so. I'm a binge reader so all I've read so far is HOX/POX and Fallen Angel's 1-6 so I got plenty to read for a while ( plus Spidey books).

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty_Boys View Post
    My local shop just posted saying this will be the last week for new books for a while. Guess I'll go scoop em' up in the next day or so. I'm a binge reader so all I've read so far is HOX/POX and Fallen Angel's 1-6 so I got plenty to read for a while ( plus Spidey books).
    Hope you enjoy sweetie

Why are they still promoting July books when there's now zero chance of a release as scheduled unless they go digital first?
    https://www.newsarama.com/49553-x-of...ries-ever.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Go digital first. Let’s do this.

X men meet bleach anime... Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Why are they still promoting July books when there's now zero chance of a release as scheduled unless they go digital first?
    Thanks for posting. Some interesting stuff here:

Nrama: The X-Men line has also expanded into the Giant-Size one-shots that sort of feel like a successor to the 90s X-Men Unlimited anthology. Jean Grey/Emma Frost just hit with some gorgeous Russell Dauterman art. Nightcrawler, Fantomex, and Magneto have their stories on the horizon. What creators and characters do you have lined up next?

White: Well, we've announced that Russell is coming back to do a Giant-Size Storm to wrap up this arc of five one-shots. We've got lots of ideas for what comes next - in fact we've begun cooking a new series of specials that starts after XOS is over that everyone involved is really excited about... but it's too early to tell you much about those. Soon!

Nrama: Big picture, now that ‘Dawn of X’ is established and X of Swords is tying everything together, what’s the goal for this next phase of the X-Men line?

White: Funny you ask - we just had an X-Summit to put the finer points on the answer to that very question. We've got stories coming out of X of Swords in every series that are going to knock your socks off. There are going to be payoffs to huge lingering questions, new directions and dangers for your favorite characters, and its going to be barreling towards an idea that Jonathan has for the X-Men that might be one of the craziest things he's made us try yet.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    These things are generally written up and queued for publishing ahead of time. Given that the diamond decision was fairly recent I’m not surprised there’s some stuff trickling out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Go digital first. Let’s do this.
    Switching to digital as the primary marketplace long term would mean a heavy reduction of the line.

Not sure I follow why that would be the case. Nor am I sure that would be a bad thing. Hmm...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Not sure I follow why that would be the case. Nor am I sure that would be a bad thing. Hmm...
    Marvel would lose 80% of its profits without the direct market.

Publishing. It’s a very small part of the overall Disney portfolio, though. I think they’d be fine and could definitely trim the line some if needed. The alternative seems worse. Just don’t produce any product until the direct market is open for business again?

What about Warren and his swords?

What about them?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    What about them?