Page 28 of 189 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

Speakin of Swords, didn't Ares son, Phobos, have a sword?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Speakin of Swords, didn't Ares son, Phobos, have a sword?
    Grasscutter. Gorgon has it now.

with Pepe doing art on creation #1 I wonder now with the delays hes going to be doing status #1 and destruction #1 if those are the first 3 titles of the crossover followed by the ongoing books.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I forgot about this beauty ! suddenly struck me that the pretty beasties with him probably represent the first horsemen , maybe a clue for powers or personalities? I'm trying to relate them to their designs but the only obv one is the wolf
    Argh so excited for these books!!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    I forgot about this beauty ! suddenly struck me that the pretty beasties with him probably represent the first horsemen , maybe a clue for powers or personalities? I'm trying to relate them to their designs but the only obv one is the wolf
    They're just the daemons/elementals denizens of Arakko that the Summoner you know, summoned. (as he did in XM 02).
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

What about the Sword of Bone? That Blade is still out there.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Digging up this fun list to fire up the masses.
    Also Swordsman's sword, last seen in the hands of Kate Bishop, *but she never used it,* and so has no idea that it's chock full of Makluan tech (put there by the Mandarin) allowing it to shoot ice beams, fire jets, electrical blasts and paralyzing nerve gas, IIRC. (Good thing she never pushed those buttons on the hilt. She'd have dropped that bow in a darn hurry! Pew, pew!)

Quote Originally Posted by gambitxremy View Post
    thanks for posting these! I love that this is based in tarot its like a divine intersection of my nerdiness

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    They're just the daemons/elementals denizens of Arakko that the Summoner you know, summoned. (as he did in XM 02).
    displaying 4 just seems so deliberate...or so says content-starved brain lol

Thanks for posting. It'd be cool if this is connected to the tarot cards in HOX.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Interesting re: what we know about Apocalypse’s first horsemen...

https://www.cbr.com/x-men-apocalypse-first-horsemen/

I’m most interested in finding out what the deal is with the older Cable who appeared at the end of Cable #1. It seems very much like he’s in Arakko or the chasm, the lands where the demons came from that Apocalypse and his Horsemen repelled and sent away. And which the First Horsemen are still guarding today. The only problem is it kind of read like he was in the future too, so perhaps this is just Kid Cable all grown up in the future and not actually the OG version. It’s always hard to tell with time travelers in that regard. Especially Cable.

Regardless, that’s what I’m most interested in finding out more about in X of Swords. What’s going on with the grown man version of Cable?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Didn't adult Cable show up on page at the end of Kid Cable's issue?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

He did. That’s what I was referring to. He was fighting demon crabs or something, but it seemed like he might be in the future too. Like a future where another Inferno happened or something that let these demons lose in our world. So not clear if he’s truly “back” or it’s just a grown up Kid Cable in the future. Which, of course, threatens the timestream for the same reason the O5 being here did: He has to go back to 3999 A.D. and grow up in the future, then come back and form X-Force and do all the things he did before. Hence this whole Kid Cable story being dumb and quite hypocritical of him... but anyway. It’s not clear exactly which version of Cable that was or when he was exactly. But I hope it’s the OG version in the present day. Not sure it was though in re-reading it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He did. That’s what I was referring to. He was fighting demon crabs or something, but it seemed like he might be in the future too.
    They have a shot for that now.

Uh, I heard. From a friend. Not me.