Page 7 of 189 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    BANNED

I doubt it will be as symetrical as one sword = one character from each book regular cast. It could be the cast from each book tries to retrieve one sword but even then that sounds a little too linear. XMen and Excalibur will probably be the main story and everything else gravitates around.

Goofy title, huh?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    True! Although I wouldn't be mad if Brian decided to suit up to defend his sister's nation.
    Please no if we wanted to hire a wife beater we would at least take Reed or Pym who have brains.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Goofy title, huh?
    I can't believe there's an event named after a Tarot card and Tarot is nowhere to be seen

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    15 parts? I want to know how this is going to be structured. That Tini is going to be so heavily involved is honestly a little concerning, Excalibur has been a pretty middling book so far.

An event featuring sword users, so that means Shatterstar will surely show up right? Right!?

10 of swords is the "death" card isn't it. Brian seems to be the only human involved...
    Give me Shattybuns or give me death.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegan Daddy View Post
    It’s time to bring back the best New Mutants villain.

Yes!!! Along with some other Gladiators!!

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Hickman's weeb agenda is finally taking control. It's all I ever wanted.
    UM YES and its what we deserve after years upon years of earth shaking, continuity eviscerating doom and gloomfests that leave the status quo forever altered for 3 minutes . something fun hearkening back to the greatest hits but still cerebral and forward-thinking

Quote Originally Posted by SchismOfMadroces View Post
    Swordwatch 2020!

Lord, I'm awful at formatting. Here's my list of various swords I've seen of late and others I think might appear.

Most likely!
    Excalibur
    Held by Excalibur
    Will probably appear in Excalibur
    Yo dawg
    Soul Sword
    Held by Magik
    Appearing in New Mutants
    Rasputin had one, too - are they the same or different?
    Cerebro Sword
    Damoclesin’ it up over Charles’ bed
    Appearing in X-Force
    Don’t shake the headboard too much, Mags
    Grasscutter
    Held by Gorgon
    In use in X-Men #4
    Murasama Blade
    Broken and buried somewhere I think?
    Sword of Might
    Given to Betsy by Brian for safekeeping in Excalibur #6
    Crucible swords
    Used in X-Men #7 by Apocalypse and Aero
    The one wielded by Aero resembles the white tower a little bit?

Mmmmmmaybe
    Andreas Struckers’ sister-sword - Fenris are both resurrected as of Marauders #8
    The Blade of Rook'shir - but I think it’s depowered
    Twilight
    Held by Surtr, I think? Isn’t he dead, though? Not that that really stopped him before
    Shown in PoX (or at least we assume that it’s Twlight)
    Might show up with Arrako and the First Horsemen

Mundane swords held by various mutants
    Nightcrawler
    Kate Pryde
    Silver Samurai
    Cable - unless the sword on the cover is Psimitar related?
    Various psychic swords we've seen telepaths use

My hopes!
    S.W.O.R.D. - BRING BACK BRAND
    The goofy sword with Apocalypse’s face on it that Stryfe had in X-Cutioner’s Song

Not Mutant Related, but swords nonetheless
    Ebony Blade - Black Knight
    Excelsior - Hulkling
    Hofund - Daredevil / Heimdal
    Dragonfance - Destroyed by Jane Foster as of Valkyrie #2
    Fuxi Sword - Held by Swordmaster
    um hello! you deserve some kind of award for this lol. killed it. thanks for bringing a layman like me up to speed

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post

jean's sword (plsdonthatemeits a joke)
    UMMMJKSJDKJS bitch im logging out

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    I doubt it will be as symetrical as one sword = one character from each book regular cast. It could be the cast from each book tries to retrieve one sword but even then that sounds a little too linear. XMen and Excalibur will probably be the main story and everything else gravitates around.
    agreed and honestly wouldn't it be so boring if they confined it just to characters appearing in books atm getting swords...give Monet a sword. Gorgon. Dazzler. Firestar. rock the boat.

idk why Hickman and tini working together is so enticing to me I guess I just love the concepts they're both playing with. Excalibur has been a liiittle shaky execution wise and I know lots of people are kinda over it but I love the energy tini brings, the lil themes and plot points she's putting to the table ... yes this has Big Potential

Extraordinary Member

Hickman going full nerd is a beautiful thing

And damn, that guy loves his swords.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    Firestar.
    You almost had me in the first half.

Excalibur has gotten a lot better. But Im really looking forward to Hickman writing that particular cast since its been the one most removed from everything else.

BANNED

Ok I hope this isn't one of those crossovers where you have to buy every title to keep up. I'm not reading everything and I have no intention to pick up anything apart from X-Men, Excalibur and X-Force either... Well, maybe Hellions if I like the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Excalibur has gotten a lot better. But Im really looking forward to Hickman writing that particular cast since its been the one most removed from everything else.
    Agreed x 10. It'll be nice to see them interact with all the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Ok I hope this isn't one of those crossovers where you have to buy every title to keep up. I'm not reading everything and I have no intention to pick up anything apart from X-Men, Excalibur and X-Force either... Well, maybe Hellions if I like the first issue.
    Seems like it will be since he called it a classic crossover. Which makes me giddy because with such a great group of writers it's going to be fun. I was such a happy kid reading X-Tinction Agenda and X-Cutioner's Song.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Seems like it will be since he called it a classic crossover. Which makes me giddy because with such a great group of writers it's going to be fun. I was such a happy kid reading X-Tinction Agenda and X-Cutioner's Song.
    yesss I was just reading x-tinction the other day, so much fun!! I miss that "saga" kind of energy where all the characters feel connected amongst the books and all the emotional arcs come to a head

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ying Ko View Post
    Wait, you mean you can figure out what's going on by not reading all the books?

I kid, but the way the books are with the X-Men roght now really makes that hard. Every book feels important or like it has some purpose that week.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    yesss I was just reading x-tinction the other day, so much fun!! I miss that "saga" kind of energy where all the characters feel connected amongst the books and all the emotional arcs come to a head
    Yes yes and yes! It gave me an opportunity also to experience characters I wasn't regularly reading. So much fun.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Shwing!