Page 74 of 189 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 2833

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    He’s also fairly regular in X-Men, and has made cameos in Marauders, and Hellions so far, and we haven’t even had a full year on the books. You have an entire island full of mutants, so many more could be featured. Especially when he adds nothing to advance the stories.
    Not really. He's only been in 3 issues. His cameos in Maruarders and Hellinos were very minor and superficial. Oversaturation is an over exaggeration for how he is being utilized in the current era. This isnt like the mid 00s when he was a team member on multiple books with 2 solos in addition to supporting appearances elsewhere

Also, where is Kitty? I’m reading all the X-books, and have only seen her in Marauders, and the first issue of X-Force, but correct me if I’m wrong.
    Shes dead

ETA: Oh you meant what books she has appeared in? Maraurders, X-Force, Excalibur, Wolverine, FF mini

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and thank the goddess for that
    LMAO.....the shade
    Last edited by Havok83; 07-19-2020 at 11:42 PM.

He’s also fairly regular in X-Men, and has made cameos in Marauders, and Hellions so far, and we haven’t even had a full year on the books. You have an entire island full of mutants, so many more could be featured. Especially when he adds nothing to advance the stories.
    Logan = $$$
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Logan = $$$
    They’ve shown a fair amount of restraint with Logan recently. His cameos in Marauders and Hellions were only about 3 panels or so. And they didn’t put him on the covers.

People do realize that it’s not an editorial edict to have Logan appear in their books, right? Writers choose to put him in there because they want to. The only times they haven’t done so are when there have been editorial edicts to try and limit his exposure, and keep characters contained to one X-team, which happened once that I can recall back during the Astonishing X-men era. It led to some pretty great stories too. That was when Warpath was used as the Wolverine stand-in during the Ed Brubaker/Billy Tan Run on Uncanny and Sabretooth was used during the Mike Carey/Chris Bachalo run on adjectiveless X-men.

Man, I really loved that Rogue-led team. Carey wrote a great Rogue and a great OG Cable too. Much like Duggan did during his Uncanny Avengers run. Good stuff.

Regardless, point being it’s not Marvel forcing him down your throat when he appears somewhere. It’s that specific writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    They’ve shown a fair amount of restraint with Logan recently. His cameos in Marauders and Hellions were only about 3 panels or so. And they didn’t put him on the covers.
    I agree completely. We haven't seen him nearly as much as we used to when he was popping up everywhere.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Logan can't be everywhere anymore. He just came back from the dead. The poor bastard must be tired.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

He’s also in Savage Avengers, X/FF, had a cameo in Giant Size Jean/Emma, was in Infinity Watch, and had an appearance in Captain Marvel 17. My argument applies to Kitty as well. If the characters are unnecessary to advancing the plot, but they’re just there, why have them there? Use that panel time to shine a light on characters who aren’t getting panel time anywhere.

And no, editorial does have a say in where characters are appearing. That era you’re speaking of had Wolverine in all three X-books (Uncanny, Adjectiveless, and Astonishing), his two solos, and Bendis’ Avengers. I’m not saying just have him appear only in certain books, but if he’s just there for a cameo, maybe give the space to someone else.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-20-2020 at 09:54 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

He’s also in Savage Avengers, X/FF, had a cameo in Giant Size Jean/Emma, and had an appearance in Captain Marvel 17. My argument applies to Kitty as well. If the characters are unnecessary to advancing the plot, but they’re just there, why have them there? Use that panel time to shine a light on characters who aren’t getting panel time anywhere.

And no, editorial does have a say in where characters are appearing. That era you’re speaking of had Wolverine in all three X-books (Uncanny, Adjectiveless, and Astonishing), his two solos, and Bendis’ Avengers. I’m not saying just have him appear only in certain books, but if he’s just there for a cameo, maybe give the space to someone else.
    Why does a character need to advance a plot to be in a book? The books exist in a shared universe and it would be very limiting if a writer can only use characters that directly are involved in moving plot around. There are interpersonal relationship built on the characters' history that dont do that but need to happen for character development or just bc its entertaining

He’s also in Savage Avengers, X/FF, had a cameo in Giant Size Jean/Emma, was in Infinity Watch, and had an appearance in Captain Marvel 17. My argument applies to Kitty as well. If the characters are unnecessary to advancing the plot, but they’re just there, why have them there? Use that panel time to shine a light on characters who aren’t getting panel time anywhere.

I don't think Kitty was that overused especially considering that she has a very unique position within the new status quo and the writers probably knew that Duggan was going to kill her off (or at least make her unusable for some time).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why does a character need to advance a plot to be in a book? The books exist in a shared universe and it would be very limiting if a writer can only use characters that directly are involved in moving plot around. There are interpersonal relationship built on the characters' history that dont do that but need to happen for character development or just bc its entertaining
    If he’s just there for a cameo, why not use someone else? He’s not the only one who has an interpersonal relationship with the characters. Instead of having Wolverine make a cameo in Marauders, why not use Doug, Illyana, or Rachel? These were her best friends, but you never see them interact. Or Nightcrawler? Again, it’s not just about Wolverine, it’s about the characters making lots of appearances in multiple books, with nothing added except for those 3 panels.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

If he’s just there for a cameo, why not use someone else? He’s not the only one who has an interpersonal relationship with the characters. Instead of having Wolverine make a cameo in Marauders, why not use Doug, Illyana, or Rachel? These were her best friends, but you never see them interact. Or Nightcrawler? Again, it’s not just about Wolverine, it’s about the characters making lots of appearances in multiple books, with nothing added except for those 3 panels.
    Because Duggan wanted to use him? Not using Logan doesnt mean any of those other characters would have been used in his place. The main focus of that page you refer to was Bobby and Kitty reconnecting, not Logan or any other character. That scene itself had payoff as it was referenced in Wolverine #1 and what was used to bring Kitty into the fold over there so it did have its purpose, even if it wasnt immediately apparent

To be honest, I'm a bit sick of Wolverine again as well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by misty101 View Post
    To be honest, I'm a bit sick of Wolverine again as well.
    We need more Laura for balance.

I’m honestly tired of going around and around on this with you. I’m buying all of the x-books to read about all of the characters. I don’t care what anyone else thinks, I’m not buying everything to read about the same 4-5 characters adding little to nothing except to cameo. There are other characters who could add just as much as the cameo does on someone not currently appearing everywhere.

Sorry for being rude. Just getting frustrated because I’m constantly having to explain something I want to see over and over.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 07-20-2020 at 11:33 AM.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

He kind of needs to be in this one, or else the shout outs to the original silent issue in Morrison's run wouldn't work. That's why Cyclops is also there.