Page 82 of 189 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 2833
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Can't wait for this event!

they are really keeping Storm and Magneto suspiciously absent from most covers....

so we can confirm now the ten are: Storm, Wolverine, Betsy, Brian, Magik, Magneto, Gorgon, Cable, Apocalypse and Doug (yay!). Happy to see him and betsy on the cover together. Hope they'll have good moments together.
    I would have thought Xavier would be holding the Cerebro sword. So each X-book has at least one member holding a sword.

X-Men - Cable (Summers family)
    Marauders - Storm
    New Mutants - Cypher, Magik
    X-Force - Wolverine
    Excalibur - Betsy, Apocalypse
    X-Factor - ?

Seriously, why Brian Braddock and Gorgon? I think Xavier would have been more appropriate.
    Last edited by ericng; 08-16-2020 at 08:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    I would have thought Xavier would be holding the Cerebro sword. So each X-book has at least one member holding a sword.

Marauders - Storm
    X-Force - Wolverine
    X-Factor - ?

Seriously, why Brian Braddock and Gorgon? I think Xavier would have been more appropriate.
    'cause Xavier doesn't use swords often enough.

Is Storm wielding a legendary sword or a new one? I am not so familiar with the MU legendary items, so I was hoping someone could tell me?

Marauders - Storm
    X-Force - Wolverine
    X-Factor - ?

Kwannon and Nightcrawler would make more sense then Doug and Magneto as obvious sword wielders candidates. But I'm sure the story of each of the swords will be very important. Curious to see what they come up for Betsy since her current sword is "just" her powers. Maybe her Otherworld heritage has something to to with it?
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I think they will keep Hickman till 2023. Then they will reboot X-Men because they will be MCU ready and X characters will start to pop up in movies and get their own MCU projects.
    Yeah but that was before Covid those plans might have been pushed back to 2024 or 2025

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    'cause Xavier doesn't use swords often enough.
    Seriously, most of the 10 people listed don't use swords often except for Magik and Betsy.

Cerebro is Xavier's invention so he should be wielding the sword.

Last edited by ericng; 08-16-2020 at 11:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    Is Storm wielding a legendary sword or a new one? I am not so familiar with the MU legendary items, so I was hoping someone could tell me?

It's rumored that Ororo has the "Sword of Bone" -- but, the Sword of Bone's hilt does not have a ring at the end of it...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

It's rumored that Ororo has the "Sword of Bone" -- but, the Sword of Bone's hilt does not have a ring at the end of it...
    Yep I know, that why I asked since I did check the Sword of Bone, I know that it is one of the most powerful items in the MU, and I was hoping that she will wield it. Let's hope she added that ring or something. I would hate if they created an entirely new legendary sword for her... when she could have used her heritage one.

BANNED

Yep I know, that why I asked since I did check the Sword of Bone, I know that it is one of the most powerful items in the MU, and I was hoping that she will wield it. Let's hope she added that ring or something. I would hate if they created an entirely new legendary sword for her... when she could have used her heritage one.
    Agreed... While being a creation of Oshtur -- I don't see how the "Sword of Bone" can literally a part of Ororo's personal heritage (especially when the Sword of Bone has quite a few possessors) despite once being wielded by Ashake.

*OPEN IMAGE IN TO TAB AND ENLARGE AS NECESSARY TO READ CLEARLY*

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Agreed... While being a creation of Oshtur -- I don't see how the "Sword of Bone" can literally a part of Ororo's personal heritage (especially when the Sword of Bone has quite a few possessors) despite once being wielded by Ashake.

*OPEN IMAGE IN TO TAB AND ENLARGE AS NECESSARY TO READ CLEARLY*
    As far as I know, Storm bloodline is favourited by Oshtur. And there were some speculations that her bloodline links all the way back to the Elder Gods, as CBR posted in one of their articles. That why I thought it could be part of Storm's heritage since Ashake used it.

BANNED

As far as I know, Storm bloodline is favourited by Oshtur. And there were some speculations that her bloodline links all the way back to the Elder Gods, as CBR posted in one of their articles. That why I thought it could be part of Storm's heritage since Ashake used it.
    I agree... There is enough canonical, empirical, evidence to convincingly make the case. We will see
    Last edited by Micabe; 08-16-2020 at 04:21 PM.

Mighty Member

Could the ten of swords in Krakoa be up against ten of swords in Arakko?

Last edited by ericng; 08-17-2020 at 12:18 AM.

So each sword is tied to the history of the wielder? Why the weird choice of Cable when he has always held a gun and not a sword?
    Well, that's a good question. I don't think this sword has been seen before. Cable's used a variety of weapons other than guns(most notably a polearm called a "Psimitar"), but I don't think this is one of them.

BANNED

Could the ten of swords in Krakoa be up against ten of swords in Arakko?

Oh, please I hope not... It's bad enough that highly powerful mutant have been reduced to using swords (magical or otherwise) against b̶a̶s̶e̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶h̶u̶m̶a̶n̶s Err?!? Wait! Hmm... I lost my train of thought. Nevermind

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Did you guys noticed as well, that somehow the Horsemen Pestilence and Famine do not seem to make the cut? Hope that does not mean that they died while the crossover has barely started. That would be a shame, as the First Horsemen were hyped for a long time and be a waste if 50% dies during one of their first appearances.

Also in the November solicitations, no issues of New Mutants or X-Factor involved in X of Swords.
    Last edited by Master of Sound; 08-17-2020 at 02:46 AM.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================