Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Default Has DC Comics become Marvel Comics?

Has DC Comics turned into the Marvel Comics of the 1990's.

In a way it has with the radical redesigns of characters. Not surprising since Jim Lee was involved with Marvel and now DC.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Well Lee and Harras are running the ship right now, lol.

New 52 feels more like a out-of-touch Marvel Ultimate line.

But current Rebirth doesn't feel anything like Marvel 90s....

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

A lot of current Rebirth feels like it would've been the natural direction for some characters had Flashpoint happened. With Rebirth basically being undone it feels like monkeys flinging **** at the walls, so if 90's Marvel was like that than okay.

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

I wouldn't really call this "Rebirth" anymore. Most titles don't carry "Rebirth" anymore, and of the few that do, they have had major direction changes and new authors since. About the only exception coming to mind is Red Hood (same author, same line, and even Artemis and Biz are back). This is more Post-Rebirth then Rebirth.

Every decade since the 80s has produced loads of interesting comics. No one can show me books from the 90s or 00s or 10s etc that are so superior to a previous or any other decade. Lot of people just have nostalgia glasses on or are just overly fan boy negative...

Find material you like. Dont obsess over stuff you dont conect with and enjoy yourself...

Honestly the toxic negativity is ridiculous and likely is contributing to decline in sales...

People are to scared to pick anything up to read
    Last edited by Menacer; 02-28-2020 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Has DC Comics turned into the Marvel Comics of the 1990's.
    I'd be interested to hear why you think it might.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd be interested to hear why you think it might.
    At Marvel, all the characters are segregated to their respective editorial departments. I have yet to see departments working together like sports teams who trade their players for others to create new stories. For example, I would love to see Spider-Man, Betsy Braddock, and The Beast working together against Legion/or Shadowking. I would love to see the Spider-Office loan Kaine Parker, Puma, Carnage, Doc Ock, and Norman Osborn to the X-Office for The Beast, Betsy Braddock, Dr. Moira MacTaggert, Omega Red, and the Goblin Queen. We haven't seen Marvel do that with Spider-Man in a very long time. Too much segregation. Not enough integration.

On the DC side, I see the company becoming like Marvel Comics of the 1990's as because everything seems like they trying too hard to wow the readers with strong focus on the art work. Marvel did away with their the moment when Joe Quesada was in charge...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 02-29-2020 at 12:51 AM.

At Marvel, all the characters are segregated to their respective editorial departments. I have yet to see departments working together like sports teams who trade their players for others to create new stories. For example, I would love to see Spider-Man, Betsy Braddock, and The Beast working together against Legion/or Shadowking. I would love to see the Spider-Office loan Kaine Parker, Puma, Carnage, and Robin Vega to the X-Office for The Beast, Betsy Braddock, Omega Red, and the Goblin Queen. We haven't seen Marvel do that with Spider-Man in a very long time. Too much segregation. Not enough integration.
    When has DC ever been all that integrated?

Seems like that was the idea ever since the launch of the New 52. Big mistake.

The New 52 was anti-Marvel actually.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    The New 52 was anti-Marvel actually.
    I never felt it was a good idea for DC to do another new universe after 1985's Crisis on Infinite Earths. Frankly, Pre-Crisis DC Comics was so much better...

I never felt it was a good idea for DC to do another new universe after 1985's Crisis on Infinite Earths. Frankly, Pre-Crisis DC Comics was so much better...
    You sound like the epitome of someone trapped in a nostalgia bubble...

I dont doubt there are some good books pre crisis... but no way as a whole are those decades producing better stories, arcs and art then 90s to modern day books...

You're comparing more than 30 years of comics too maybe 5 years, of course the latter is going to have more good comics.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut