Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Astonishing Member

Oh great sarcasm I see Paul

BANNED

First all, glad we're seeing in Felicia's head, and reminds readers she didn't want Peter back before things changed.

Not just that, both of the kids finally appear on the same page for the first time in seven months. and MJ is using her powers in front of them, so she's an open book to them, no secrets kept (unless she was forced to reveal her powers when the demons attacked?)

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    First all, glad we're seeing in Felicia's head, and reminds readers she didn't want Peter back before things changed.

Not just that, both of the kids finally appear on the same page for the first time in seven months. and MJ is using her powers in front of them, so she's an open book to them, no keeping it a secret from them (unless she was forced to reveal her powers when the demons attacked?)
    But no mention of Paul at all so it seems he could be a non relevant character in the near future

Astonishing Member CaptainUniverse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Oh great sarcasm I see Paul
    Maybe if we are lucky Annihilus will invade during the mini like he did way back in Infinity Gauntlet #5 and he'll skewer Paul in front of everyone.
    "The Enigma Force is not a tool to be manipulated by mortals. The Enigma Force comes to those it deems worthy. What temerity, what arrogance, makes you think you are worthy? Have you not all made mistakes? Unforgiveable ones?" - Captain Universe

"Call me an Avenging Angel, Baron, come to safeguard Earth...call me CAPTAIN UNIVERSE!" - Ray Coffin

"You're my heart, Mary Jane Watson...you're my jackpot." - Peter Parker

Incredible Member

Not just that, both of the kids finally appear on the same page for the first time in seven months. and MJ is using her powers in front of them, so she's an open book to them, no secrets kept (unless she was forced to reveal her powers when the demons attacked?)
    Doubt we get anything else with them. I imagine MJ and Black Cat head off to limbo and those two kids and Paul are basically an after thought after like a couple of panels

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercwmouth12 View Post
    But no mention of Paul at all so it seems he could be a non relevant character in the near future
    Alternatively, if MJ's been forced to reveal her powers, Paul could flee with the kids after berating her, then MJ and Felicia go to limbo, Jed has the opportunity to write off these three right there and then.

Likely not going to happen though, but at least Paul is a dude in distress, and that's one victory for us. What MJ sees in him and not Peter I don't know, but we now know he's not on his level

Incredible Member

Alternatively, if MJ's been forced to reveal her powers, Paul could flee with the kids after berating her, then MJ and Felicia go to limbo, Jed has the opportunity to write off these three right there and then.

Likely not going to happen though, but at least Paul is a dude in distress, and that's one victory for us. What MJ sees in him and not Peter I don't know, but we now know he's not on his level
    That’s be funny as hell considering it feels like this run is just slowly being strip mined that writing that shit out in a mini would be just about right.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Man, I like that Mackay is acknowledging in the book how the main book up and hooking Peter and Felicia back up kind of override where he left the character off on. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I'm getting strong "MacKay really doesn't want to be writing this but has to because of the main book" vibes from this preview.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Man, I like that Mackay is acknowledging in the book how the main book up and hooking Peter and Felicia back up kind of override where he left the character off on. lol
    I know, Felicia from these thought boxes comes across as "god why am I with Peter anyway? I'm not interested"

Astonishing Member Mercwmouth12's Avatar

I know, Felicia from these thought boxes comes across as "god why am I with Peter anyway? I'm not interested"
    Or yes I have a date coming up but do I really want to?

Spectacular Member

Paul definitely sucks, but I gotta admit his appearance here doesn’t immediately infuriate me with rage. Something about the way JRJR draws him makes him appear like a total douche (undoubtedly intentional), while here he seems like a guy in about the same vein as Ollie. Bigger chicken though lol. Obviously the dude is a roadblock for Peter and MJ ultimately though, so he can get wrecked by some demons if the opportunity presents itself.

Incredible Member

Mackey is reminding me of Johns and how wasn’t really pulling punches on his thoughts on Death Metal and Dark Crisis on his books

I don’t like any of this.

Mary Jane with powers just doesn’t click with me. I don’t like not knowing if this is short term or permanent and it just feels like too big a change for her character after all these years if permanent.

Secondly, why have Felicia doubt her relationship with Peter already? It just makes me feel bad for Peter. Does any woman actually want to be with this guy?